Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

simonw

Members
  • Posts

    685
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by simonw

  1. I did really badly at school, left with a few O Levels and CSE's after sixth form. I've had various jobs, photographers assistant, retail assistant, a costing assistant in a manufacturing company. I then tried to train as an accountant - failed that too! Got a job as an inventory and distribution clerk in pharmaceutical company. Then worked in a chain of snooker clubs, promoted to Manager and then Regional Manager. Moved on to work in Cable TV and Telecoms company in inventory and distribution, this was when the CATV networks were first being built. Stayed with this company for 14 years in various roles; inventory analyst, buyer, performance analyst, business analyst. When I was made redundant my wife suggested I do a degree course. I did a Foundation Degree in IT for 2 years and topped it up in the 3rd year to a BSc in IT. I didn't really know what I wanted to do with my new qualification, so I went to work with my brother in law in the US at his online business, he has several all running from one manufacturing/distribution hub. I worked on his website, amazon stores, magento migration and led the PCI compliance audit. (I was only there for three months, I went on a BUNAC program). When I returned home started applying for any and all IT jobs, and was offered my first school IT tech position P/T, adding a second part-time position soon after. This was 2012.
  2. cheers!
  3. Cymbal
  4. I've nominated Fight Bladder Cancer, as I'm a BC patient, sorry. I love animals too tho'
  5. I've been tasked with the same project! Solutions I have looked at: SignInApp Passtab Mediabase Direct Swipedon I'm leaning towards Passtab at the moment, as its £200 p.a. with a £120 set-up fee. Price does change depending on pupil head count.
  6. Everything now working on build 1809. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
  7. have you tried https://www.cartridgesave.co.uk/. I havn't had a search mind, so can't be certain they'll sell/stock them.
  8. Tried installing Nvidia drivers - had pop-up saying couldn't install for this version of windows. Now rebuilding PC to Win 10 Pro, see if that will solve it.
  9. The SMART panel is blank. I've tried the Display option, PC suggested re-installing driver - done that though.
  10. I've just taken delivery of some HP ProBook 450 G6 units for the teachers, but I'm having a real issue connecting them to our SMART 4065 boards. The 450's have both HDMI and USB-C. I've tried HDMI to HDMI, tried several new cables, connected PC to Wall Socket and PC to SMART screen but no image is displayed. I've also tried USB-C to HDMI Adapter with several new HDMI cables, connected PC to Wall Socket and PC to SMART screen but, still no image is displayed. I've tried the above connections when the laptop is switched on and also shut down, then connected, then boot up. But nothing seems to work. I've gone through the drivers, but had none that needed updating. When I connect the SMART board, its not shown in Playback Devices when you right click volume Laptops are running Win 10 Edu build 1607 Can anyone suggest what I can do next? Touch works OK though Thanks in advance Simon
  11. construction
  12. That's quackers!
  13. How much did you shell out on eggs?
  14. (in the) machine
  15. Was the unit dusty, or the dust filter blocked?
×
×
  • Create New...