-
Posts
3,240 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by mthomas08
-
I kind of expected it, maybe one day when the tech develops just like the Smart Phones have done. From what was a fancy phone has become my life, email, internet, twitter, sports and occasional break.com APP videos to make me laugh. Still use my PC/iPad or laptop to do the bigger stuff. I just found it funny how I got the 3rd degree of why it's so important to own one and how much of a difference it will make.. to finally get the admission why it's wanted. Will do what I always do, wait till the next model or two perhaps three... before I purchase one. iPhone 4S was my first ever smart phone.. I'm so not down with the kids these days.
-
I like the idea of it replacing my mobile but already argued with one person. Convo kind of went like this: "I'm getting one" Me "So you don't have to carry your mobile with you all day? makes sense" "No I need that too, bigger screen, better to text and do emails/internet" Me "Isnt the point of it to not carry a mobile all day? given I've not look at what it can do.." "I just want it, looks nice" Me "Enough said" Me "Actually I want a good fancy watch and costs a lot of money. Bit of the bling" "So no difference then?" Me "Nope, I just don't lie about it" I wont say who I had the Convo with - she will kill me.. oops
-
Been thinking of getting back in to MC, kind of want to join a server that I can build anything and doesn't have a ton of mods.. How you start it?... good question! Kinda miss building cities, dungeons etc
-
............................................................ You know I had to read that post about 6 times and I still didn't spot... that.
-
Has anyone done an IT Department customer Satisfaction Survey??
mthomas08 replied to ccadit's topic in General Chat
Very nice incentive. Maybe one day we will, new LM in Sep so perhaps after that we can do one. I am still working on a map of what we do which seems to be growing beyond an A3 sheet... -
I must be blind as a bat.... I can't see.
-
Very unlucky, Arsenal fans celebrated but that was a bitter win. Sat with a few of them and let's say - WengerOut was back. Still they were not the only ones cheated at the weekend as a United fan watching Chelsea get torn apart but still managed to lose. The great thing about football is that nothing is a win even with a performance. All about the goals. Totally feel for reading and their goalkeeper who was severely torn up over it. Still they can hold their heads high.
-
Certainly no need for it but that's life. As a football fan I've seen far worse and it's not pretty. What the "Trolls" don't realise is though that some threats are being taken seriously and charges are happening.
-
Good luck and enjoy the position + all the extra cash. Have heard good things about IT people in the NHS so enjoy it.
-
That was it, I knew it was a shirt I didn't like.
-
Man Vs Food, Brilliant show. Strange the man is a Vegan now and the other half didn't believe me it was him when she saw him looking thin or was it because he was in a Man City shirt. Still, good for him to lose that kind of weight after all that junk he ate.
-
We use Facebook, although not utilised as much. Twitter/Facebook can really help towards communication but does require the time not just manage but to push it out. With Students you will find most if not all on Facebook and/or Twitter and if you can get a good % following it's useful.
-
Your wasting your breath, those who agree differently wont change their view just like you wont. I certainly am not changing my view but I am also not afraid to admit it. You can say violence is bad and you don't support it but some one will still think you are actually saying its okay to punch some one... again wasting your time.
-
[sims] Solus 3 downloads updates even though auto download is unchecked
mthomas08 replied to markwilfan's topic in MIS Systems
Manual deploy ours with Auto download on. This allows us time to get all Staff machines on, update the server and this time around it seems to run smoothly. Previous updates have been a nightmare but so far so good.... touch wood... -
Looks like I will be rolling down my sleeves like I do when I exit toilets.. after I've washed my hands.
-
Doubtful, they are packing everything up. That could be routine for when the show is effectively off-air for a while because 80% of their work doesn't involve the warehouse till presenting the show. Looks like that they will be going back to the drawing board. I think though people are under estimating the trio, we've got other car shows and Top Gear only kept Clarkson. Out of all those people they may know more about cars or have racing experience, including international versions - it simply isn't the same without the trio. Having worked in many places, characters like them are rare especially these days. Like them or not characters make up the show, the previous ones were.. shall we say boring and didn't give any emotion. Fifth gear tried to be kinda like Top Gear but just doesn't feel like it. @pcstru Sorry but I completely do not agree with your statement about waking up. I could respond in the exact same way, people need to wake up and realize why so many signed it. Some were happy to ignore the assault, others wanted him punished but not sacked. ME, I simply did it because I had a real strong feeling he would be sacked, I did it because I wanted the petition numbers to go high to show everyone he is popular. I for one have said this before and I know many have – He deserves to be punished. What is interesting though people who complain about us, don't mention much about the actual victim or what he wants. It doesn't matter about us 1million or people who don't like Jeremy. What actually does matter is the victim.
-
Do you *REALLY* know how much is spent on IT.
mthomas08 replied to GrumbleDook's topic in General Chat
We have everything here recorded. The details include purchase value, date and Finance record paper work (delivery notes) with PO Numbers. Although when I joined the asset system was a mess, I like to believe it's 99% accurate which should be fixed in the half term. -
All 650 MPs to receive an iPad Air 2 and laptop post-election
mthomas08 replied to Arthur's topic in General Chat
This is essentially my point. At a time when the Government is telling us we are now in recovery and no longer crises mode it doesn't look good when straight away they want this. Either they spent 5 minutes saying they want this or they have wanted this for months and I don't know whats worse. Shame people take things out of context. -
Kinda my thinking. Annoying thing is each time Clarkson has got shot for what people don't like I have seen far worse on MTV (FAR FAR Worse) and that's only from my 5 minute worth of watching with the other half mesmerised by it. As for the assault they had to punish him, the people who are trying to prosecute him claim everyone defending him has defended his assault. Correction - They are defending his personality on a TV show they enjoy. And they are still wanting to punish him for what he did but like May this entire thing has been blown out of proportion and the BBC has been as always questionable over their handling of it. Still I hope and wait for him to be given community service or a hefty fine (which is a good idea) and get grabbed by Sky along with James and Hammond. Without the "High Moral" ground the BBC attempts to take people can then choose to watch the show. I said it once and will say it again (this isn't going to be popular) if you don't like the show you really shouldn't be watching it. I know a few may jump at that one but I do not get why people complain about shows then watch them.... that would be like me buying a Windows phone when I am not a fan. Now I am going to go and eat a banana, even though I find them disgusting,,,,,,
-
All 650 MPs to receive an iPad Air 2 and laptop post-election
mthomas08 replied to Arthur's topic in General Chat
Think your missing my point. Okay - They don't need iPad 2 Airs when they had already been given previous models. -
All 650 MPs to receive an iPad Air 2 and laptop post-election
mthomas08 replied to Arthur's topic in General Chat
Not Candy Crush? Another one of those "We want it for the sake of it".... don't see why they need any IT access when they should be debating how to fix the country. -
Yeah it's official so no new contract although I agree punishment was in order Guessing that is it for my BBC viewing because now with Virgin Media+Sky F1 I don't need their half hearted F1 coverage. The other show I watched has already been snapped up by another broadcaster so that leaves Crazy Fools. On that note perhaps they can get Mr T as the 3rd presenter I think he will be far more entertaining than the other suggestions I have seen. I wonder if in 12 months time if they continue "Low Gear" what the viewing numbers will be and if BBC will release that information openly.
-
He can go to a new show, take Hammond and May. Show can be called Power Gear, the driver behind the Stig can refuse to sign a new contract (when ever he is up). Has the BBC got a white helmet, driver gear and the word Stig licensed? I'm sure Sky or some one must be interested in taking these guys on, 3 of who are out of contract within weeks. We survived without the stig for a few weeks but that didn't feel the same and he takes up about 5 minutes of the 60 a week. They could to the exact same stunts, if they cant have the "Stig" well I am sure there are 100 other terms they can use. I can see these guys coming out with bigger pay checks and let's face it, they wont have to suffer political correctness care every 5 minutes. There are a lot more offensive shows on NON BBC channels...
-
Not a fan of Evans, never was. I know he is a pure petrol head but I am not a fan of his. I will see how the show goes without Clarkson but I don't see Hammond/May being the same with Evans. With that partnership no longer the same I get the feeling I wont enjoy the show as much. When they have their big episodes the way Clarkson reacts to things is exactly how I sometimes react its bits like that which add real entertainment for me. Still nothing is official just yet. I suspect this could be my last Top Gear season I make an effort to watch.
-
What other Skills do you offer your schools apart from IT related
mthomas08 replied to simonw's topic in General Chat
Common Sense a skill?
