Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Geoff

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    13,543
  • Joined

Everything posted by Geoff

  1. I would copy the table, then truncate the old one (I'm guessing at the table names here, check them first). First create a copy of the table and data. CREATE TABLE statistics_backup LIKE moodle.statistics; INSERT statistics_backup SELECT * FROM moodle.statistics; Then remove the data from the statistics table. TRUNCATE TABLE moodle.statistics;
  2. Speaking of time, some OS's use an encoded version of the current date/time as the sequence number, so it's possible to use them as an alternative to NTP. Other OS's use the number of seconds since boot up, so you can determine it's uptime. This is generally frowned upon these days, as guessable sequence numbers makes the connection hijackable.
  3. Yes it's half. 10 steam/tick/m3 for LP and 20 steam/tick/m3 for HP. a 36HP boiler needs approximately 1,932k heat to reach 100°C (from 20°C), and approximately 22,300k heat to reach 1000°C (from 20°C).
  4. There's actually an issue with that. If you plug a 36HP boiler into an energy bridge then run the power out to an MFR Oil Fabricator, refine it to fuel then heat the boiler with the fuel you make you'll end up energy positive (An oil fabricator takes 600k MJ and converts it into 1 bucket of oil. A refinery converts 1 bucket of oil into 1 bucket of fuel for 30,000 MJ. Finally, a 36HP boiler will (supposedly) get 872,736 MJ per bucket of fuel, giving a net gain of ~250k MJ per boiler).
  5. There is actually. Look up the Energy Bridge in NEI. If you want a working example there is one in my base in the corner of my IC2/mystcraft room converting from BC MJ to IC2 EU (Although I think I have the IC2 side disconnected as I was running my semi-fluid generator dry of biomass).
  6. If you are looking at a connection setup in Wireshark it will show you relative seqence numbers (unless you tell it not to) which means the sequences numbers start from 0 at the first SYN. Depending on the OS, it might actually be using any number as the start sequence number (as an aside, this is an important 'fingerprint' in OS detection used in software such as NMap). A Four way handshake is where one system rejects the proposed sequence number in the inital SYN and sets its own, to which the other agrees. So there's just an extra step basically.
  7. You're doing it wrong. Go to the End then fly out to some of those 'asteroids' (you can go out as far as you like, they spawn for ever) and mine Sheldonite.
  8. You are correct but only for relative TCP SEQ/ACK numbers. Additionally you've not considered four way handshakes.
  9. http://integratedredstone.wikispaces.com/RedPower+Machine#Frames-Basics%20of%20Frames%20and%20Frame%20Motors
  10. Put the whole thing on RedPower2 Frames. You can then move it with frame motors.
  11. That reminds me, I was the last person on last night and I heard something going bang. I checked and none of my stirling engines had over heated so I guess someone else left something running? @Garacesh when you say 'floating' do you just mean built in the sky or are you actually using RP2 frames to inchworm around?
  12. On my server I just set the blast damage to 0 for nukes. So you can use them, but nothing happens
  13. I broke the server with an unstable mystcraft cave world age. Edit: Seems to of recovered now.
  14. Geoff

    Swiches

    Historically the WebUI on ProCurves was useless for anything. If you wanted to get anything done you needed to go to the console.
  15. I know a little late (this isn't the right forum for this, hence why I didn't notice it). But you have no http_access rule to allow any connections other from localhost. You need something like this as part of your ACL chain to allow authenticated users to use the proxy. acl authenticated_users proxy_auth REQUIRED http_access allow http port_80 authenticated_users Any other problems are caused by your auth helpers not working. You can manually run the auth helpers from the command line to debug that.
  16. Well that and the server would get upset about the amount of block updates (ramdisk fixed that for me though!).
  17. Ugh, that better not be pointless disclaimer boilerplate.
  18. Have you tried mining with nukes? dig down to layer 30 or so, then plant the nuke and run. You'll have a nice 20 block wide spherical cavern to exploit.
  19. If you are using a proxy that will explain why web pages load. As the proxy does the DNS lookup not the client machine. Anyway, you need to find some working forwarders. If you are blocked from accessing publicly available ones like Googles or OpenDNS then use your ISPs.
  20. I imagine your RBC has DNS servers and blocks all other DNS traffic at the border, forcing you to use their DNS.
  21. So that was you! @localzuk any chance of Dynmap?
  22. You'll want to grab the mib files. Google should be able to dig them up for you.
  23. I consider people not being able to phone me on my mobile a bonus.
  24. That isn't matched at all!
  25. What does your contract say?
×
×
  • Create New...