Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Geoff

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    13,543
  • Joined

Everything posted by Geoff

  1. I am doing Thaumcraft again. Everyone hide, and I'm sorry about the rain.
  2. What should I do if the pilot passes out and I (with no flight training) have to land the plane? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqcXstB7UJ0
  3. I always found Moovit to work better for me on my mobile. CityMapper doesn't cover the places I go other than Manchester where as Moovit does. Moovit - Home: Free Public Transportation App | Ride Your City Smart
  4. http://packetfence.org/downloads/PacketFence/doc/PacketFence_Administration_Guide-4.1.0.pdf Installtion is page 9 onwards.
  5. Geoff

    Suggest a game...

    Also similar if you like Terraria is Starbound
  6. Geoff

    Suggest a game...

    The Path of Exile skill tree looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/7QeaYe4.jpg
  7. Veam. D2D2T and off-site replication to our DR site with identical hardware.
  8. Geoff

    Suggest a game...

    If you like Witcher 3 you should get the other ones too. Also you'd probably like the Elder Scrolls games and the Fallout series too.
  9. Geoff

    Suggest a game...

    I play on PC, as such: Minecraftish: Subnautica - underwater open world base building / crafting. (Seriously ARK, Rust, H1Z1, take your pick). SW:Galaxyish: SWGEmu - It's basically the Star Wars Galaxies you know and love before Sony broke everything. Path of Exile - Completely open skill tree (some would consider intimidating). Diablo style clone in general. Not really got the crafting tick box though. City Building: Plenty to choose from here. I'm a fan of the Tropico series myself. X-Com clone: Xenonauts, OpenXCom, Fallout Tactics or Frozen Synapse perhaps?
  10. In the push notifications for a reply, if the bit of preview text from the reply includes BB markup code you see the markup in the push notification text rather than the formatting. Edit: got a screenshot http://i.imgur.com/wQRUxRu.png
  11. Oh I found this handy dandy chart. http://revolutionpack.info/images/Rev1Ores.png
  12. This is part of the Windows 3.1 showcase. https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_win3_showcase&tab=collection I spent many hours playing Castle of the Winds https://archive.org/details/win3_CasWin1
  13. Myself and @localzuk went for a little explore in the nether and managed to locate a nether fort. I don't have the co-ords to hand (Dynmap wont load through the work proxy servers :/) but I can tell you when I'm online or show you ingame. I've carved out a tunnel that leads directly to the nether fort.
  14. I had to go out so I didn't get as much done as I'd like. I've built a second fermenter got it a little bit automated. Working out which items go in which side is proving a headache. I'm testing with hoppers and it's proving non-obvious. I did build some Immersive Engineering Street lights though and hook them up with power.
  15. Store it in a database. Use a powershell script to update the login hours overnight.
  16. That's a good point I've never used the new forestry farm setup. It's always been MFR. I should really have a look at them.
  17. I was thinking of automating my ethanol production for fuel. I'm going to automate the fermenters first as I think it's going to be fairly straightforward to do. @localzuk you might want to look at immersive engineering or rotarycraft floodlights.
  18. My previous car was a '96 Ford Fiesta which I bought for the princely sum of £500 in 2003. It had the mandatory engine swap from a Ford Puma (taking it from 1.1L to 1.7L with fuel injection) and obviously drove like a Go Kart. Much hilarity was had chasing down German engineering in the fast lane on the motorway. Sadly it failed it's MOT in September due to having holes in the rear chassis big enough to put your hand in. The rest of the chassis being mostly welding joints I decided enough was enough. Fortunately I had prepared for this and saved up some cash and decided to get a 'proper' car. I now own a 2010 BMW 320d M Sport (E90). There is hardly anything wrong with it. However, the tyres (Kenda?!?!) it has come with are terrible and are going to get changed out to something a bit more premium. As much fun as it is scaring everyone to death by drifting it round the motorway junction roundabout on the daily commute I imagine I'm going to upset the plod eventually.
  19. You can do farming with rotarycraft too. It's something I'm looking to automate at some point (I have a lot of sugarcane).
  20. I'm going to see if I can build a EnderIO spawner. Hopefully it doesn't need bloody bedrock.
  21. I got my gasoline engine under control by fitting an ECU, tank and fuel line. I added an couple of floors to my base too. The suger cane farm is complete. I need to make jet fuel next, which means I need a fractionation unit. This is pretty annoying to run without a steady supply of netherwart, blaze rods and slimes. Which means I need to go hunting in the nether for a nether fort.
  22. Geoff

    Old PC games

    SB Live was a pig to get working in XP. I doubt it worked in anything higher than that.
  23. I doubt anyone minds if I break the nether. It's trashed anyway.
  24. Hey! That wasn't my fault. I got it 'free' in a reward bag I had no way to deal with it or see the radiation. I've already got long term radioactive waste storage sorted out. In fact I'll probably build a molten salt reactor. There's far less nuclear waste processing and storage required.
  25. It models real world mechanics. So, yes. Just wait until I get to reactorcraft and I have to make a realistic working nuclear PWR reactor!
×
×
  • Create New...