Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Hightower

Members
  • Posts

    5,005
  • Joined

Everything posted by Hightower

  1. Got my kindle, and using Calibre to arrange my books. Over the moon with it, but I have about 3 hours of ironing to do tonight, and football tomorrow night so not sure when I'll get my first chance to use it!
  2. Oh my word! I watched Back and Forth last night and it was really good. Just making me wish July was here already. Oh well, at least I have the Big Weekend to look forward to next month as the 'warm up' gig
  3. Mind PMing me a copy of your sysprep.inf (not sure if the problem is in there, but worth a look) - if so obviously take out any personal data such as your product key.
  4. My calculations reckon that £84 plus VAT would be just short of £101. EDIT: That's in this country - not sure what the rate is in America/other countries
  5. It also says in that article that the current cheapest kindle is £84 - anyone know anything about this?
  6. Well, just had email off Mam who has bought the Kindle (as she was passing a carphone warehouse). Can't wait to get my hands on it tonight.
  7. Silly question again, but at the bottom of your sysprep.inf file do you have a load of MSD listings?
  8. I know - it'll only be like the 20th time I've seen them Don't have 'ff' tattooed on my back for nothing you know I went to Sunderland's Big Weekend many moons ago. Foo Fighters headlined there too. Was a good day.
  9. Just got the email that we have 2 tickets for the big weekend in May! Gonna see the Foo Fighters before they tour in July - absolutely chuffed to bits!
  10. Did you run a sysprep -bmsd before sysprepping to build the mass storage devices?
  11. Don't think it works like that. You can map as many drives and printers as you like. A connection is classed as a single computer connecting to the 'server'. 10 connections is 10 devices.
  12. The new Kindle allows native PDF's too right? That means all my eBooks I can transfer over and just use without messing on?
  13. Also noticed Carphone Warehouse are selling them, but again at the same price - looks like pricing has been dictated across the board for these. Just waiting on the missus giving me the go ahead. If she says yes I'll see if my brother can pick me one up as I'm busy picking the fixed car that she smashed tonight Thanks Kim!
  14. That's the same as Amazon's pricing isn't it?
  15. Anybody got a Kindle they no longer want and are willing to sell it for a reasonable price?
  16. And that makes it alright? So if she came out with some racist slur that would have been alright, because after all, it was okay to say that kind of stuff in her day and age.
  17. I think you're being too nice about it. How would she react if you just walked into her house uninvited. This is not the 80's anymore (1880's I mean ) - she needs putting in her place.
  18. Also, just booked up a campsite in Hexham, and it turns out the owner has the same surname, and was originally from the same town - can't wait to see if she's related, so thanks to @Jax; for finding me a campsite - strange how the world works
  19. My missus crashed the car on Thursday, and it's going to be quite expensive to get it (and the other car) sorted, but cheaper than the excess for her. Dealing with an accident like this is not pleasant, but it turns out she used to go to school and be good mates with the girl she smashed into. The missus now has a friendship back on with someone she hadn't seen in years - everything happens for a reason
  20. I don't get it. I created a clean XP and it worked fine. So then I decided to rebuild my image. I made a new WDS image with XP Pro, installed SP3 and all update. Then put on .net 1-4, client side extensions, and the 888111 audio hotfix, captured the sysprepped machine. Then I put this new minimal image on a machine, tried again and we are back to the same as before. Stumped!
  21. I just have ours to add 200 every week, with a limit of 200 at any one time. Think this does the same thing as resetting to 200.
  22. Have you tried the new stick of RAM in the first computer, in all available memory modules? Might be a dodgy slot rather then memory
  23. My brother leaves his key in his bike in the garage. I asked him why, and he replied if they want my bike bad enough, they are going to get it. I'd rather them ride it straight off then break into the house looking for the key where they could possibly harm his family.
  24. I personally thought these costs where extremely reasonable. Well, the price we got was anyway. I can give you one improvement I would like to see right away. To be able to add folders down the left hand pane to organize all the rooms/user groups.
×
×
  • Create New...