Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Mr_Andy

Members
  • Posts

    38
  • Joined

Everything posted by Mr_Andy

  1. I've attempted this - I've even uninstalled all instances of Office with MS cleaning utilities then reinstalled Office 2007 with all set to Run From Computer yet still the Autocorrect settings are still linked to Office 2000. I've scoured the registry and can't find anything else to try altering. I've just given up and begun building an image to be honest.
  2. Sorry to bump this so soon, but the prospect of building another image is looming.. No worries if that's the only way to go though. Cheers guys.
  3. I think you could alter the paths in the 'InstallRoot' keys, but to be honest I had this trouble and the best way around it is to pop the CD in and make sure you select everything to "Run from My Computer". That way Office won't (shouldn't) have to look elsewhere again. Are you prepared to re-image them all? If you do another tip is to copy the admin profile details to 'default user' once you've opened every program for the first time - saves windows like that appearing.
  4. Hi guys Have just been informed (after 5 months of machines in place:confused:) that the autocorrect function of Office 2007 on a batch of new machines doesn't work, which it doesn't. I'm given a message along the lines of 'the list of common autocorrections cannot be found, do you wish to install' then looks for the data2.msi from disc 2 of Office 2000. Like a shmo I did accidentally install Office 2000 from the frankly awful Ability discs from the council (a collection of InstallRite packages that are a royal pain to get rid of). Office 2000 was since removed, and now this problem has surfaced I've tried removing 2007 used various Office clean up utilities, poked around the registry and still no joy when installed back. I'm hoping for someone to guide me towards editing a registry key I may not be aware of, as a clean install is a bit of a problem as it means creating a whole new image with a ton of software. Thanks in advance, Andy
  5. They're Acer TFTs. The old screens were CRTs running 1024 and operated at the same res through both. Tried all sorts of driver updates and installs to no avail. I'm aware the projectors won't be able to display the 1440 x 900, that's why I prepared a (supplied) script to call SetRes and change to 1024 when staff want to use the projector and change back when they want the crisp native res. That's my ideal solution without having to spend.
  6. It is onboard, yeah. There's a blanking plate-esque thing underneath the VGA with a symbol I'm not familiar with.. An square jagged arrow into a screen, something like [ ]<-|_|- The tag on the board just says VGA, is this potentially open to a dual header? Machines are HP DC5800 if that helps at all. Thanks everyone - sorry for being a pain, but this dual video lark is something I've never tinkered with.
  7. It doesn't matter whether the projectors can handle it as I was planning on using SetRes to swap when staff want to use the projector. The higher resolutions are too compacted for practical use in the classroom. The main issue is XP not even displaying the monitor's native res (1440*900) when it's not connected directly. The splitters are externally powered boxes, but they're also not the newest. I guess the first port of call would be trial a new one, but I also can't find information on whether a splitter is capable of WXGA+. I suppose there's not much difference in price between either additional graphics cards or splitters, it's just the fact there are 12 of them I need to address. Decisions..
  8. Hi guys. A while back I posted a thread regarding new machines and widescreen resolutions with old projectors and got the eventual solution of SetRes, which I'm very grateful for. Unfortunately now the machines are in place (as always) I've hit another stumbling block. The new machines only support the native 1440*900 when the monitor is connected directly, but not whilst hooked to it's intended home of a VGA splitter. The adapter has no such res in its list of supported modes, and SetRes knows and moans about this. I've had a play with a few other res utilities and I can't seem to force this to happen, and I've had a mooch through the previous threads and can't find anything.. Could someone point me in the right direction please? Thanks in advance. Andy
  9. You'd think wouldn't you?
  10. Excellent, thanks. Now the hardest part of showing people how to do this...
  11. Hi all. Long time reader though not much of a poster usually, but.. I've received a batch of shiny new wide TFTs, but after hooking up to a machine with a 4:3 projector there's an typical expected problem when it comes to resolution. (All machines go through splitters, not dual output.) At the moment I've gone with 1280 x 768, but this means either a letterbox or vertically stretched image on the projector, and obviously a res for the projector means a fat image on the monitor. Does anyone know of a solution to suit both devices? It's driving me mad as it seems so obvious, and I've already melted my head in VB today. Thanks in advance, Andy
  12. I think it is the cause of quite a few stupid things going on here. The curriculum server has stopped allowing remote access and occasionally drops connection full stop since it's been in place. Over the last couple of weeks people have intermittently had no desktop loaded despite the restart which used to solve it.. it's all just very weird. Also think it's interfering with the wireless controller too but unfortunately PCE was installed the same time as Amber came in to sort the school infrastructure project, so the problem is hard to pinpoint precisely. It's coming off tomorrow to see if the problems are solved, but I'd most definitely look into another monitoring software/hardware solution.
×
×
  • Create New...