Slarty66
Members-
Posts
219 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Slarty66
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Slarty66 replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Well after my post about people not having the vaccine I heard on Friday that the bass player from a band I played in the late 80's has just died from Covid. Only 54 he wasn't vaccinated..... Talking to another friend, his wifes friends mum and dad anti-vaxxers, the father caught Covid and died last week. What more can I say to people I know that won't get vaccinated. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Slarty66 replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Too true sadly, I only hope they come to their senses. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Slarty66 replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
We have three friends that just won't get vaccinated. One says they are healthy and go to the gym therefore they won't catch it! One is scared because of the chance of blood clots and one because they just don't feel it's right for them at the moment! The last one really surprised me as they are a teacher! A friend we know did not get the vaccine due to friends telling him to get it done with other people telling them not to. In the end they got so confused they didn't. They nearly died. Caught Covid had two blood clots in their legs. While in hospital they were told that they would probably not survive. Luckily they pulled through but they are very ill still. It could be months even years before they can work again. Even after telling our friends about this they still are refusing to be vaccinated. There is a very high chance that another more dangerous pandemic could surface in the future. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Slarty66 replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
One of the main reasons I've sold my ticket for Bloodstock this year! -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Slarty66 replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
She will probably get signed up by GB news on her return ....... -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Slarty66 replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
I have a ticket for a festival in August, you will need a negative LFT to gain access to the site but then are free to move around without masks. I've decided to sell my ticket as I really don't think being in a field with 15,000 people most not bothering to wear masks is a good idea! I'm not prepared to take the risk. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Slarty66 replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Exactly, trouble with working in schools we see first hand how covid has effected students and staff. The general public may have had very little experience of this and just see it as something that hinders their lives. It is totally political and a huge risk and gamble. I really hope the infection and death rates don't reach record numbers which sadly I feel maybe the outcome. -
We have over 40 still not returned, emails sent and parents informed. Nothing.... A few that have come back have been damaged with broken screens. Seems some people think its a free gift from the government!
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Slarty66 replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
2nd on Friday. Had it booked for June 11th my doctors surgery contacted me and offered a vaccine this week. I didn't have any side effects apart from a sore arm, hoping for the same with the 2nd !!! -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Slarty66 replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
While my wife was seeing a specialist at hospital yesterday the conversation turned to covid and they had experience of treating patients with the virus. They said that we are at the position due to vaccines rollout to the most vulnerable that herd immunity can now be an option. Especially with younger people. As they said its a balancing act but we could face another lockdown if infection rates rise sharply. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Slarty66 replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
A science teacher at my work was involved in the trials and yes this is what he said. Also the AZ vaccine has been developed to give you the effects of contracting Covid. Some people feel worse than others as their immune systems are different in how they bodies cope with the vaccine. Or something like that, I'm not a Scientist ! But this will explain it a lot better than I could ever do ! https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/health/oxford-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine.html -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Slarty66 replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Had my first vaccine Friday, felt a bit tired Saturday night. Sore arm on Sunday. Feeling fine now. A few friends have been wiped out by the vaccine, two of them had covid recently so that could be the reason. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Slarty66 replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
First jab tomorrow. As soon as I hit 55 last week my Doctors surgery and NHS text me and I received a letter from the NHS. Feel a bit guilty as most the teachers here are still waiting. -
Playing it on the PS5 and I'm really enjoying the experience. Only a few bugs so far, the last two updates have seemed to make it a lot more stable. Maybe not a good idea releasing it on last gen. I'm expecting the next few patches will fix the main issues. I think it's a game that should have been delayed for at least another six months.
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Slarty66 replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
That's a yes then ......https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55358968 -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Slarty66 replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
People should be made to watch this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55332206 -
Played about three hours yesterday on the PS5, a few bugs but none that were game changing. One Floaty gun and a section where I shot a police officer ran up to the NPC I was meeting and the police that were chasing me stopped but the people around were still cowering! I think a lot of people playing it on the last gen consoles will struggle. I'm sure the updates and PS5 upgrade will fix a lot of the issues. I'm really enjoying the game, great atmosphere. I'd imagine it maybe different than people were expecting, it's more a slow paced RPG than action game. May have been better delaying the game for a few more months, but overall I'm really enjoying the game.
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Slarty66 replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Difficult to believe but I know people that still think this doesnt exist.... Don't get me started on people not wanting to be vaccinated..... -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Slarty66 replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Tier 3 not suprised, especially when anti lockdown protesters walk through the city centre.... -
Motorhead Iron Fist tour Glasgow 1982, deaf for three days. Lost the top part of my hearing after that ! Glad the local radio station recorded the gig as I could'nt make out any of the song! Manowar Sign Of The Hammer Tour Front row wasn't such a good idea... Sunn O))) seen them four times now, thats a full on body blow.....
-
The controller is a lot more comfotable than the old design, and as you said it seems more responsive. I have seen that there is a slight latency problem on the Xbox Series X controller but I imagine thats more a software issue. Two excellent machines from what I've seen.
-
I picked mine up last week at a Midnight launch at my local independant game store , I had a 1am slot ! Set it up and started downloading Demons Souls then went to bed ! I have the Digital version as I havent bought Disc version games for the last three years. Most of my Ps4 games are on an external hard drive, this works fine as long as you remember to safely remove the drive. There have been cases of people unplugging their external hard drives and then having to rebuild their PS5 database or in the worst case a factory reset. Games that have longer load times i.e. Gods of War I would suggest installing directly on the PS5. Have to say its a brilliant machine, the controller is a real game changer. Astro Playroom shows off the potential for future games. The haptic feedback is very impressive. Demons Souls is a fantastic re-make, 60fps in 4k a bit improvement from the PS3 version I played. It might not be worth rushing out to get yet due to the lack of games specifically designed for the machine,mind you I'm looking forward to playing Cyberpunk 2077 with faster access time. It is a lot quieter than my old PS4 pro. That used to sound like a plane taking off with certain games! Overall very happy with the console so far.
-
Excellent tips, thank you.
