Techie-v2
Members-
Posts
149 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Techie-v2
-
Classroom bookings - Multiple Selection
Techie-v2 replied to Techie-v2's topic in Educational Software
Thanks for getting back to me, Yeah it seems like teh same issue, here is a screen shot of teh developer tools when I click on the create bookings button.... Thanks -
Morning, Summer jobs means updating all the systems we use. I have just updated ClassroomBookings to v2.6.4 and have come across an issue with "Enable Multiple Selection" when booking rooms. With this option unticked, when I click on a period to book it it comes up with the booking information page like I'm guessing it should, but when the option is ticket and I select, for example, my registration periods each day for the selected room and press "Create bookings..." - the chrome loading bar flashes along at the top of the screen but nothing actually happens. This is the same no matter how many different periods I have selected. Have anyone seen this with this version? Thanks
-
Yeah thats the one I've got now. Its letting me print ok. Can I just confirm with you, last exam series I installed it using the msi on each of the laptops to be used but this time ive gone for the ZIP file, extracted it to a network share and created a shortcut to the exe file, with my config loaded in the parameters as well. Is this ok for multiple people to access at once, its not going to lock files to a certain user? Thanks
-
I only downloaded it yesterday from the website so presumed I was using the newest version - 22.5.7.1933 Have just downloaded it form the short URL in your signature and that's a newer versions so I'll try that Thanks
-
Talking of printing, have been doing some testing today ready for next week and I cant print anything from EWP. When clicking on print, I am greeted with a box that says "You cannot print because you have no printers installed." - I dot have many printers installed if I go to Devices and printers and one set as default. If I clock on close on the error, it leave me at the print preview page with a bank page, which I can sent to me default printer (or another one selected from the list), and it comes out blank, but when I go back to the design tab, all me testing writing is there. Thanks in advance for any clues as to why this is happening.
-
Take a look in Administration - Site configuration - client settings. Make sure you have configured some settings for software updates. Sounds like that might be the issue.
-
Cost of living crisis 2022 - what have you cut back on?
Techie-v2 replied to Ditto's topic in General Chat
Cut back on the sky subscription which saved almost £50 a month and replaced the tumble dryer with a heat pump one when the old one died, it was about £100 more then a regular one but uses far less energy and ours actually dries the clothes quicker. All bulbs are already led but remembering to turn them off more. Switching pc off when I'm not using it. -
In my environment, it takes a good few hours for devices to 'realise' they require the update. The update doesn't have to be deployed, or even in a software update group, it just has to be in listed in software updates. Are other deployments working to those machines like normal apps etc? I think there is something in client settings to tell computers where to look for updates but without being infront of my console I can't confirm there or tell you what it is.
-
Off the top of my head, the only reason I could think is that the updates are not "required" by any computer that is in the collection you have deployed them to. If you go to the update in the all software updates section, it will have a column fir number of machines required and a link to click on to see a list of the machines requiring the update. Other reasons could be your maintenance window options when you deployed them. My process for updates is:- Search for updates within date range for product where required >= 1 Select returned updates and create software update group Deploy updates to collection (which involves creating deployment package and distributing content to distribution point)
-
I put 1 psu into one ups on one circuit and the other psu into a different ups powered from a different circuit from the first ups
-
Have still got them in mine. 5003791 for 21h2 5000736 for 21h1
-
Hiya, Did a bit of testing this morning and it seems like my config file was at fault. reset it to defaults and everything worked fine again so I'm working through changing one thing at a time to see if I hit this issue again. Thanks for help though.
-
Hi, Thanks for the prompt reply. Sure I can create you the video tomorrow but just for info. EWP is installed on the HDD and I'm calling the config via the shortcut. The config file is located in a few sub folders under our netlogon folder. I'll try with a local config file tomorrow. It ran fine with the same setup on our clean machine with an admin account but I don't want to log on as an admin to a machine in the wild for obvious reasons! Will update in the morning. Thanks
-
Hi All, Just started using exam write pad, doing a bit of testing. I have got it to deploy fine and look at a config file stored on a shared drive, that all good. I am finding though when I test it with a student account, It opens very slowly and takes a while to get to the data entry screen, then once that has been filled it, I have it save the file straight away, that works fine but the it just going to a blank screen and doesn't actually open a blank document. Has anyone seen this before before I go delving into it. Thanks
-
Well results have been good so far. Deployed it to the whole network and everyone who couldn't access the app can now do so and everyone who could already because we have already run the update for them hasn't noticed a difference so all seems good. Thanks all for your help
-
Thanks I have just fond that and tested it on one machine and it seems to have worked, about to deploy it to a test suite! Thanks for the help
-
Hi, Thanks for the reply, the teams_windows_x64 file I have is an exe rather than an msi. If I expand it with 7zip there is no msi inside it, the only relevant file is update.exe Thanks *Edit Hi, Thanks for the reply, the teams_windows_x64 file I have is an exe rather than an msi. If I expand it with 7zip there is no msi inside it, the only relevant file is update.exe Thanks *edit I have tried the exe with allusers=1 but that didn't work Our shortcut for teams points at C:\users\USERNAME\appdata\local\microsoft\teams\update.exe but this file only seems to exist after we run the teams_windows_x64 download - If I make a shortcut to point to C:\program file(86)\teams installer\teams.exe it runs but then says it needs an update. Thanks
-
Hi All, We initially deployed teams many many moons ago before before anyone had ever heard of remote teaching and live lessons and it lasted and served us well during those periods. It was initially deployed using SCCM using the office 365 configuration and deployment built into it. We are now how ever finding an issue with the original installation in that it needs updating for it to run. It seems it doesn't run its usual install on logon stuff (even with the gpo to disable opening teams on logon turned off) and to get teams to run we need to run and update exe we have downloaded from Microsoft called teams_windows_x64 - then this does the initial installation stuff, then teams will run (this only works for that user on that machine, if the users uses a different machine they need to update again and if a different uses the original machine, they need the update as well, profiles, i know). With the above mentioned gpo turned off so teams runs on logon, it opens but straight away says it needs to be updated and points the user at microsoft to download the update file. Obviously I'm looking for a way to run this update for all users in the background. I have updated my office content in SCCM and done some test deployments/rebuilds and I'm still having the teams issue. How is everyone else updating teams or overcoming the barriers I have. Thanks
-
[1909, ou] 1909 June CU - New "Feature" News and Interests
Techie-v2 replied to foofighterjim's topic in Windows 10
Link to latest 20H2 admx templates - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=103060 -
[1909, ou] 1909 June CU - New "Feature" News and Interests
Techie-v2 replied to foofighterjim's topic in Windows 10
Had this today and had to hunt around for new admx templates to download, took a while as kept landing on an old download page. Havent got the link on me now but will post tomorrow if someone else doesn't get there first. -
Have the same issue with the same mics. I asked our AV servicing partner about it, his answer was plain and simple, get licenced ones. Trouble is no one wants to spend the money, yet they complain when we have the issues.
-
We are seeing something similar. Users authenticate on the first day, but come in the next day and recieve a "Connected, no Internet" message. To fix it you can forget the Network on the users device, sign in with a different set of credentials, the forget again, and sign back in with the original credentials and it works again, untill the next day when you have to rinse and repeat. Ours is ruckus but again 802.11x with radius on smoothwall. Does this sound like the same issue to you guys?
-
How about security what with recent events. How to spot scam emails, password best practices like not using the same one for multiple services etc, stuff like that.
-
Often wondered this with onedrive as well. If the local copy gets encrypted, surely those changes to the files would get sync'd to the cloud as well? Guess its the same, restore from previous versions but yeah, dont fancy that for tb's
-
Blue Screen Day - Office 2016 and Printing related
Techie-v2 replied to _techie_'s topic in Windows 10
Thanks, all imported now. Just got to wait for it to show as required!
