Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

cscc

Members
  • Posts

    128
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cscc

  1. Using AAMEE have you tried creating the Serialization File and running that on the machine post MSI deployment. This may help get around the activation process.
  2. For TeamViewer you would install the client on a desktop running SIMS, note down the client session details and get the head to take them home. The head would then install TeamViewer on a machine and connect using the details noted down. The computer would obviously have to be left on at school. I would recommend using a desktop to host the school side connection unless you’re comfortable giving the head remote access to your MIS server.
  3. TeamViewer is just an effortless solution for remote access, something even a head teacher wouldn't struggle to use. As it’s not private use as pointed out above it would require the most basic license purchasing. With regards to encryption: http://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/14-How-secure-is-TeamViewer.aspx
  4. I’m sure the head can justify purchasing a license on behalf of the school if it’s so important.
  5. Check out teamviewer: TeamViewer - Free Remote Control, Remote Access & Online Meetings Install client at either end and you're good to go.
  6. I believe the MINLAD switch is minimum last accessed date. So for example: Robocopy "SourceFolder" "DestinationFolder" /E /minlad:365 Would copy things that haven't been accessed for a year or older. Robocopy | SS64.com
  7. That is very strange indeed. Maybe worth trying to create an additional GPP for an older browser type IE8/9 and seeing if the problem still replicates.
  8. The GPP you mention for IE10 is setup through a Windows 8/Server 2012 machine with RSAT I assume?
  9. Your computer can Second post on there may help.
  10. This any good? Instant Video LAN Chat - SSuite Office Software
  11. I had real problems with FOG running on 12.04 LTS – reverted back to 10.04.4 LTS and all my problems went away! Not a great solution but I had similar problems to you. Edit: Before doing that you could try a different kernel, in the main menu go to "Other Information", "Kernel Updates" and select one that has KS in the name. This may be of some use: http://fogproject.org/wiki/index.php?title=Image_Upload:_Error_Checking_Mount
  12. The current main DC is just running DHCP. Thank you, I shall give this method a try.
  13. Thank you for the quick response, glad to know its been done in a similar way before! We don't have an internal CA here so I don't need to worry about that thankfully! I shall give it a try!
  14. We currently have 1 main DC (running DHCP) and 2 backup DC’s running DNS, all on server 2003. We are looking to move everything over to 2008 R2. I was going to build a 2008 server, add it to the domain, promote it to a DC and transfer the FSMO roles from our old main DC. I was then going to demote all the old DC’s and remove their roles and add DHCP to the new server as a role. I was then going to add 2 more 2008R2 servers as backup DC’s and make them DNS servers. Is this the best way/order to go about things? Or will creating new DHCP/DNS servers play havoc across the network, bearing in mind the settings will be matched to how they were before (scope/reservations etc.) Many thanks
  15. Cheers, working fine again now!
  16. Ignore that sorry. I found it: The resource cannot be found. body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; } Server Error in '/HAP' Application. The resource cannot be found. Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. Requested URL: /HAP/api/livetiles/me Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272
  17. Hi Nick, thanks for the quick reply. I've run the capture tool within IE10 and cannot see any reference to JSON requests or responses. Yet during the capture the page not found error came up about 5 times. It does seem to authenticate oddly enough and let me login.
  18. Bit of a strange one, latest build downloaded and installed today, was working fine. Logging in flawlessly, access to home directories and network shares. Then the error message above started appearing when you try and navigate anywhere within HAP, happens in any browser. Any ideas? Thanks
  19. Just found this post, not sure if its of any use: php - APC - Unable to load dynamic library - Stack Overflow Last post on the page.
  20. I was wondering if anyone has or knows of a script that will launch a dialogue box prompting for a user’s credentials and then after successful authentication with LDAP map or bring up the users home directory. We have multiple file servers hosting user home directories in a structure based on the year the user joined, e.g. \\server\home$\2012 \\server\home$\2011 \\server\home$\2010 The reason for doing this is that we have a load of Windows 7 stand alone laptops that are connected through our wireless network but are not linked to the domain so it would be ideal if users could access their work areas through a mapped drive.
  21. Ah I see, I was testing it as myself so didn't realise it would be blocked by default. Cheers
  22. Apologies I have just removed the "All Files *.*" filter and its now working.
  23. Hello, Is it possible to filter file types which get uploaded? Would be great so that students couldn't upload executable files, MP3's etc. Thanks
  24. These both look excellent and just what we need. Thank you for such a quick response!
  25. We currently have a Linux box hosting our VLE (Moodle) and have a module (SMB Web Client) which allows staff and students to access their home directories to download and upload files. The authentication is done through Moodle and these credentials are passed onto the SMB module in order to publish the correct home directory path. I would like to know if anyone knows of or has a solution in place which will work the same way but without the need for using Moodle and a plugin. Basically I’m after a simple web interface with LDAP authentication which will publish a user’s home directory and allow downloading and uploading of files. Apologies if this thread is in the wrong forum.
×
×
  • Create New...