Jiser
Members-
Posts
499 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Jiser
-
Might be related. Found that fdeploy.dll stopped redirection here on random computers due to it being a SP3 related file. The fix was changing version to SP2. Find it in system32 + dllcache. Could try that?
-
Yes, had to delete reg keys and other stuff. Also on WSUS alot fail but it seems to sort itself out after a few days.
-
In the long run when being tuped out to biggens like RM you might be better off than working directly for school - thats if your prepared for relocation after a 'bit'. Though new things appear like no final salary pension? Horrible targets which take a hit on pay etc...
-
A script (s) for groups of users/computers which need it. Plenty of them about on the goog.
-
Why not go for a run, its free!
-
Install USB driver from device manager as said above. Choose your own 'driver' and it should be listed as promethean USB driver and voila You may need to download a new version. If that doesn't work try flashing board with new firmware.
-
Even in the former polys you do have to have some brain cells be time you get to final year. Your results breakdown will show how capable you are. Not any old idiot IMO can get go get a decent BSc/BA grade. Anyway stilll scottish students should be paying!! Also its about time an Ofsted type thing (if one doesn't exist allready) is put into Uni's. The standard of alot of courses/lecturers is not up to scratch in hell of alot of places. Worrying about what everyone is doing and how much taxes is not good. At least those who are working can die happy that they wern't scroungers!! Back to topic - fees shouldn't be raised for those living in the U.K.Financial management should be bettered!
-
Go for the basics first e.g. CompTIA A+ and N+. From there maybe MCDST and ITIL foundation. These are entry level certs which will give you the basic knowledge you need to support. You will probs have to start from bottomish same as most industry's. Though I imagine you will excel in no time at all!
-
50 " monitor x 2, expensive coffeeee machine, a slide, if you are upstairs above a server room - a pole like fireman have down to it, 100's of IP cameras in all computer rooms, new servers and computers. Network management software which detects alot through 'traps' - well in theory anyway. So you no longer have to get off your chair unless you have to collect a machine to fix it.
-
Mounting anger that Scottish MPs, most of whom are Labour, are still able to vote on laws affecting England’s education and health policies when English MPs now have no say on those issues north of the border. Five years ago, the Government was able to force through controversial university tuition fees plans only after more than 40 Scottish Labour MPs backed it – even though the proposals did not affect their constituents. Cameron: I would ban Scottish MPs from voting on English-only issues | Mail Online BBC NEWS | Education | Universities push for higher fees Scottish students get their fees wavered whilst the rest of the U.K. pays more and more. This is fudamentally wrong here!! Ill be writing to my local MP. If for instance I decide to a masters at some point or someone else in my family is struck by more fees we will suffer. Its all wrong. The rest of the U.K. should be blanketed with the same fees, fair for all, same for all!! Ive worked in many different jobs since I was 13 and still struggled to pay fees of 1800 or so I think it was a year and maintain an ok standard of living whilst also living at home and studying + holding down a part time job. God knows what its like for those living away and not holding down a job or w/e.. Also people from perhaps lower income families! - I don't see why they couldn't afford it. I paid for everything myself.
-
I remember trying to get hold of dell, impossible!! The whole organisation is completely all over the place. You go through about ten indians located in some mountain call centre before you get the right part number you need or w/e The sales managers are not much better
-
Nah I don't think teaching is the choice for all. However it might be seen as a safe alternative for those who don't know what to do with themselves after graduating. I am with the firm opinion of teahers working outside of education for a while first even its just as basic office admin. I have flirted with the idea of teaching for a while now but I don't think I am at the right age or experiance to do it. Perhaps in later life.
-
They should be teaching computing as a technical subject not a glorified movie maker course.
-
Sybex Study Guides • The Register Books till end of march
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
ICT Technician - Wrotham School - closing date 13/3/09
Jiser replied to elsiegee40's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Caretaker / ICT technician lol!! -
We been using clonezilla.
-
IMO Its got really bad. Theres no real plot anymore! It just brushes around stuff againd and again. Bit like PB Lost however is brilliant as ever!!
-
Yeh I got them books. Pretty detailed IMO. A+ is pretty str8 foward. Was getting about 70% on practice tests from Boson without doing any studying.
-
i have a younger cousin of 2nd generation. His mother my cousin has told me about the woes of these so called 'academy' places. Basically a complete feck up.
-
^_^ TBH people are generally paid bad in schools. I wouldnt say I am an idiot by any means tho neither are the guys I work with. I am capable of getting a well paid job when I am older as others weer who graduated with me who are now working as Oracle consultants who got worse grades than me and had no I.T. experiance. 28k + They choose a different way of life as I did. For me theres more to life than going str8 out to a hardcore career str8 of graduating with long hours, away from home alot etc etc. Cheers
-
Fair comments. Some people might be on peanuts but be fairly decent at their job though.
-
I maintain my view here that if I.T. people in education don't like the wage why take the job. Though there are reasons why people take jobs in education, umm if people dont like it then theres plenty of industry jobs out there which pay more + offer training. Also I am sure one tech will remain in schools to offer basic support/ toner changer, so these basic problems will still be face to face. Perfect career chances for new I.T. startes not for those in schools allready. Career choices from there I imagine progress 2nd line/3rd line. Team leaders, managers, engineers etc. There are probs numerous roles.
-
MMM just my thoughts here but I imagine RM for example are an excellent company to work for. I know people who have gone there previously. Theres alot of pro's and not many con's. However its ok me saying that if your a young guy starting out but not for the older chaps/ladies with familys. For example: 1) Training 2) Career development 3) Healthcare 4) Lots of social pros 5) Good money 6) Mentors etc 7) Share schemes 8) Flexitime etc etc Now I am not saying alot of schools dont have the above but I imagine most don't have to an extensive degree. Also BTW in a previous I.T. job @ a school I was outsourced (to company who had been coming in now and again for many years). My hours were transferred to anoter school i worked at + had more responsbility but still lost out by a few hours dosh. So I know how it feels after all the hard work/ad hoc goings in driving over an hour to get to work to sort problems out. Alot of the staff didn't like the idea. - But this is just life! Sht happens ;P Funny thing is one of the main governors @ the school I was outsourced @ who also interviewed me previously, turned up for an interview for my previous I.T. tech job. It was quite ironic and funny at the time, specially when I was marking tests and asking questions. Needless to say she wasnt very capable and said she wudnt be able to deal with the job if she got it.
-
lol! Basically SMT's can just push off the problems, management, I.T. development etc to another company. Not the schools problem any more as such. Easier for them - some of them may see. I was outsourced in a previous job as well. Not a nice feeling. About innovation - there is certainly 'innovation' at our school with a technology not many if at all any schools utilise frequently. BSF wont have the resources to deal with it.
