Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Jiser

Members
  • Posts

    499
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jiser

  1. The Matrix Runs on Windows - CollegeHumor video
  2. When I worked not in education, It was picking up the phone and telling them "NO WERE NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR I.T. SERVICES!" At the moment its, "my mouse doesn't work." - Have you tried plugging it in?
  3. http://www.edugeek.net/forums/educational-jobs/26387-network-manager-hampshire.html I can't believe the appalling pay for public sector workers! This position is pretty badly paid, I only say this because I have a friends from uni who got into various jobs/graduate schemes being paid between 24-28k with only one year of I.T. experience. If you look at allot of help desk roles as well they offer between 18-24k which is almost what this poso offers. Granted its not gonna change but I thought I would have a moan anyway!
  4. Jobs in Dorset on Dorset For You - Job Details - IT Technician IT Technician Employer: Dorset County Council Salary: Dorset Grade 6 £8.21 - £9.21 per hour pending pay award Closing Date: 21/11/2008 Reference: Upton Junior School Employment Type: Part time Location: Poole Advertisement for IT technician Upton Junior School is looking to appoint an IT Technician from 5 January 2009 or earlier if possible. This is a great opportunity to join an energetic, enthusiastic and caring school community. IT at Upton Junior School is developing well and we are now looking to take the next step forward – this post will be key in creating the vision for IT at our school. The main roles and responsibilities include: Supporting all staff in the everyday use of IT; Responding readily to IT complications which may arise; Maintaining the school’s IT equipment; Advising and guiding the Senior Leadership Team on IT issues and the development of IT at our school; Communicating to the community through maintaining and developing the school’s web site and through producing the school’s monthly newsletter; Establishing an IT club for a group of eager children. Essential requirements: Sharp communication skills; Ability to undertake basic hardware repairs if appropriate; Ability to problem solve – and know when to seek advice; Some understanding of networking; Ability to design engaging, creative websites; Effective user of a wide range of software applications, including MS Office. We are looking for someone with flair and creativity! This is a permanent part-time post of 15 hours per week ,hours negotiable, 44.27 weeks per year. Grade 6 (pt 16 to 20) – £8.21 per hour pending pay award (£16,198 per annum pro rata). For further details and an application pack, please contact the school office or complete your application on line. Closing date for applications: Friday 21 November Upton Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will undergo a full Police CRB check.
  5. Hi all Advert will be on the dorset council job website today and in the Bournemouth Echo on the day when it is the job day (whenever that is lol) Spoke to my head and he said training for the website is available: From me - He would love people to come visit. Hi peeps both your times you said are fine for me. I will PM you my mobile, if you could give me a call to confirm that would be great. Cheers
  6. You all seem to be working hard! Its about time I get my ass in gear! I have a month left of part time working before I start new job. Time to get that N+ out the way. I tend to find it such a bore, specially learning all the a-b's of cable names, what speed they run etc etc.
  7. Ill speak to my head and let you know tomorrow on here.
  8. I am sure that wouldn't be a problem. The best day would probs be after school on a Wednesday. Any of you free on Wed? Any time after 3.30pm. Ill check it off with the head. Ive asked him before about another tech coming to visit and he said np, so should be fine.
  9. At the mo I do mon/wed/fri 5 hours each go. Tho I imagine it will be flexible. I am usually allowed to change my days around if need to etc. I am not always in spot on times tho. Sometimes I stay extra hours and come in at different times. I imagine ad will be in next week or week after!
  10. Yeh you should apply! Come in before hand ill give you the grand tour, special options for you as your ginger We look out for our own. I agree with the comma Thats why I just went to uni and got a degree < Duh stupid me!!
  11. Thanks peeps I won't forget!! =D Yeh weird witch, the welcome page was working, Ill have to look into that!! I think it might be something to do with it cutting off when its overloaded not sure. Bit annoying tho. (Avonbourne i got) Your right there, the teacher who left sounds exactly like the person who is married to the head at Upton Jun. Hes a great guy, really approachable and supportive. In regards to the Website, I put on a WYSIWYG editor so its not that difficult to use. Its more learning how to use the CMS than anything, which I will do in the handover. Ive customized it a hell of allot tho with modules, CSS editing etc and the WYSIWYG editor doesn't work perfectly. So anyway the point is no - you don't need to know allot about webdesign. Best thing is, the new tech will hopefully have a nice new reimaged network, new website, new infrastructure all in place for them o and an up todate inventory ready for financial checking.
  12. Hi guys, just been offered a new job at a senior school doing I.T. Tech. Hence in the next few weeks there will be a vacancy at Upton Junior School in Dorset (near poole). My current hours are 15 h/pw My current responsbilities are: Monthly school newsletter, managing the network + all buying + support. I also manage the website with the Drupal CMS which I developed as part of my dissertation at Uni. Its a good school (up and coming I am sure)! Great bunch of staff and the heads really great. Just putting in a new server atm (Windows 03) and reimaging all pcs laptops. Network is as follows; Roughly 40 Pc's + 25 laptops + 4 networked printers and associated stuff on the curriculum side (also there is admin network). Weve just had a new infrastructure put in and there is a gig across most of the school including I.T. suite + new switches etc. Ill post the vacancy when It goes online - http://www.uptonjun.dorset.sch.uk/welcome is our website. Cheers
  13. I want my facebook back!! Withdrawl symptons...
  14. Woops, thats my school website in a massive fat grey area then!! There are at least 70% of images on current website are ex pupils. About 30 of them!
  15. I ve started to put I.T. stuff in the newsletter where I work as I am also responsible for doing the newsletter. Openoffice for parents who can't afford office, good educational websites, useful I.T. commands, equipment, common faults etc and how to fix. Anybody else done this sort of thing? What feedback u get. Anyway sounds like a good mag!
  16. Cheers chaps ill try it next time I am in! Looks good stuff. In the mean time its interview preparation.
  17. Sybex books have been good IMO. I am doing the N+ this december, using as elective for MCSA. Can just upgrade with one exam to the new Microsoft stuff. Any one seen http://www.certforums.co.uk, there pretty good over there if no one has seen it. Got a few of the writers of books who visit regularly.
  18. Looking for advise on how to create logins for every child with their initials as their user name and password on Windows Server 2003 (standard). Without doing it the manual way!! Was thinking their must be a way to import names via sims to AD some how? p.s. Its a juniors
  19. Bidirectional printing - 'unselected' worked for me a few times with printers (on the above issue), mainly of the HP variety.
  20. I did have one but one of the schools stole it back. TBH just sometimes easier to nick a teachers laptop to test IWB's and other various issues, they never mind! Easy bunch at my school.
  21. Jeeesssssuuss!! Is all I can say. I had enough problems with 15 and staff laptops. Let alone 300+ .. In fact in a different school now we have a 'fleet' of laptops, stupid waste of money + the laptop trolly which cost several 1000's which could have been spent on new desktops. Dedicated desktop rooms/areas are far better IMO - bad choices by previous management.
  22. Same for me in the two schools I worked at. One was good one was bad. Now its just the one thank god!
  23. I applied twice. No response either time, must be something wrong with my application... Having said that was invited to a few other interviews had to put down though as I was on holiday and they wouldn't budge dates.
  24. Anyone apply for this?
  25. I applied for this one. Anyone know anything about ferndown upper? I checked all the website out - looks good. It says deputising/supervising but according to staff list there is only the I.T. Tech (this job) and I.T. manager anyway + an AVA/I.T. Tech. Looks like more competition for me then. However you say civilisation. Poole/Bournemouth and Christchurch + satelite towns is a bloomin big area - I would say much bigger than southampton area if you google earth it. No dissing dórset!!
×
×
  • Create New...