Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ZeroNeg

Members
  • Posts

    56
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ZeroNeg

  1. I think sisoft sandra was a similar program. It had loads of reports and checks that could be run on all the diffrent components.
  2. Our server sits in the ICT suite and we have an air con unit in the room to help with the temps. We also have a switch box high up so pupils can not get in it. Would love a server room though. Would make it easier.
  3. Not used that but have a look at ubiquiti unif wifi point. I have 9 in school and they run great. About £150 for a pack of 3 and you can run the software on any machine. When you need more just buy another one and add it.
  4. I had loads of problems with the windows firewall blocking the console from updating the pc's. It could just be an access problem.
  5. Well finaly i got time to look at the switch again and found out that all i had to do was remove the proxy setting in IE and it worked. New it was something simple but it was a monday and proxy settings are a pain.
  6. Hi all, just started setting up a new switch for fitting over the summer its a HP 1810-48G and have found I am stuck. I have set the laptop to the same Ip range and subnet mask and I can ping the switch and all is ok. next thing is to login to the switch and that's the problem. I use IE to go to the address and it can not find it ?? I just get can not find page / cannot connect. At first I thought it was my mistake so tried a second laptop and 3 different cables. have I missed something really silly as it is Monday !!!
  7. Touch is fine if he has not used any other touch devices. It only seems a little slower if you have used a cross section of tablets before. As an all rounder it is exceptional value and spec.
  8. Have a look at the hudl from tesco. You can still get double cash back on your vouchers and the hdmi out is great to stream netflix or the like to any tv with hdmi in. Solid system and fast. Lacks a bit on touch but punch for ya cash is well worth it.
  9. We have been looking at espresso coding. It costs but it does cover most of the new stuff required. Only thing i can see as a problem is that it is web based. It also has lesson plans for teachers and now has a debugging lesson were they have to see the error in the code. Each lesson has a video for them to watch also to show what needs doing in the lesson. I think it is still free to sign up until october so you can give it a trial.
  10. I exported the reg settings from a vm that was not on the network that had the settings inputed manualy. Then just oatched them. I an gona look at the other methods above though as my way was fix it asap. :-)
  11. I tryed to push it using gpo but ended up applying the reg patch manualy as an admin and it works ok. I tryed the gpo to push the reg setting but it was easier and quicker to just do it manualy. I am still looking at the gpo though :-)
  12. Could you manually map the drive on start up with a .bat to just force it? just for that user as a temp fix ?? might not work but just something to try.
  13. Give @Millgate a shout. they sorted me out and explained it all. you need to know how many licences you will need to cover the devices and staff.
  14. Well after a couple of long days my pizza arrived. I opted to share it with the staff and they were very happy that I did. It was a good end to the half term and was very tasty. many thanks @Millgate team you made the staff here very happy :-)
  15. Went right through the amiga range and eventualy poped the a1200 out its original case and into a pc tower case. Had to un solder a hd cable off the main board as thats how the shop fitted th 20mb hd when i bought it. And yer bring back dungion master it was the best. Think i have a boxed amiga copy in the loft.
  16. Yey im a winner. Many thanks Millgate.
  17. Morning guys, It was great to catch up with you all at BETT and look forward to more cocktails next time we meet.
  18. Ahh yes I was racking my brain trying to remember you name @elsiegee40. Must have been the excitement of being in the presence of all the edugeeks. Many thanks for the freebies and the pizza was delicious.
  19. Got some great bits and bobs but the guys at millgate were the best. Drinking cocktails at 10.30am sets you up for the day. Many thanks to all @Millgate
  20. Managed to catch up with the guys and girls on the edugeek stand today. Enjoyed my first BETT show very much. Even met @witch and had pizza. Thanks edugeek for just being geeks !
  21. Have a look at the sony e-readers. You can get excelent refurbs and they take loads of diffrent formats all handled well by calibra. Also has headphones for mp3 file or audio books so covers that as well. Light might be an option for reading in bed if you dont want a bedside light on though. Screen is excellent also.
  22. Add me to that also :-)
  23. Even better. Just gone and done it. Cost £0.00 just used my voulchers. Wonder if it will turn into my toy before christmas
  24. Has anyone got one yet ? They have double points boost on them at the moment and thought it might be a good xmas gift for one of my son's for £60 ( cash in the voulchers and it costs nothing ). The reviews seem good but i thought you usualy get what you pay for.
  25. ZeroNeg

    Dune

    Yep played all the dune games but first was just excellent and i lost many hours to it.
×
×
  • Create New...