Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Mintsoft

Members
  • Posts

    134
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mintsoft

  1. Nope, this is what I dont understand. Its just a standard Windows device driver. I've popped into the services etc for when its logging off and theres nothing that looks like its breaking. I'm going to try killing off the processes one by one next time one hangs, unfortunately it's so intermittent that I can't just recreate the problem Rob
  2. Hi We have 3 "RM One" workstations with drivers for a Yamaha-USB midi connector [uX16] and periodically when users log off they seem to get stuck running the logoff scripts. The only way to sort it out is to reset the station. The machine hasn't actually crashed because I can still MMC into it. Does anyone know of anything similiar to this? Rob
  3. Morning all! Does anyone have ANY idea why the aliases I've setup forf IMail 5.0 on the NT4.0 Server don't seem to actually work. It just gets returned with: Invalid final delivery userid: faultdesk Original message follows. Even the built in alias for Postmaster! Any help would be greatly appreciated -Rob ---- EDIT: And i've just fixed the damn thing, turns out it was working if the email was sent to [email protected] but not @internal. So just needed to add an alias for moorlands.staffs.sch.uk as "internal" and wallah!
  4. It's better for a clean profile I do admit. The 4 minutes is for my account, takes about 15 seconds to login on my 2000 laptop (without a profile cache) and several minutes on an RM station. Even though my profile does seem to be rather large compared to most, it still illustrates the difference in speed between RM and the laptop. Our infrastructure is goddamn awful because sadly I don't have control over it. The 2 servers are nowhere near balanced and they're terribly underpowered. But alas! its out of my hands ;_; -Rob
  5. Yeah i can do that tonight when the students have smegged off, IF i get time. I dont think we have a call open over it at the moment as we're having more pressing "rebuilding" problems atm.
  6. I have to say, there isnt a single RM machine in this entire college that boots & logs on in under 4 minutes. Even the 'ever so good' RM One 3ghz 64bit machines. Even my old Duron 800 at home boots and logs on faster. We broadcast a boot message in the morning so that we're not waiting around for the damn things to boot in the morning. Thank god for WOL have you applied various cc3 updates will try and find list ones you need... russ We're upto date with every update that RM have thrown out at us but there's been no change (positive or negative) in speed with any of the updates. Doesn't seem like there is much that we can actually do. Rob
  7. I have to say, there isnt a single RM machine in this entire college that boots & logs on in under 4 minutes. Even the 'ever so good' RM One 3ghz 64bit machines. Even my old Duron 800 at home boots and logs on faster. We broadcast a boot message in the morning so that we're not waiting around for the damn things to boot in the morning. Thank god for WOL
×
×
  • Create New...