noah
Members-
Posts
105 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by noah
-
No worries, Glad you got it sorted.
-
We use Group policy to setup the file permissions for SIMS.net Computer configuration - Windows Settigs - Security Setting - File System Assign Full Control to: %Program Files%\SIMS %System Root%\SIMS.INI Computer configuration - Windows Settigs - Security Setting - Registry Assign Full Control to: Machine\Software\Classes Machine\Software\Classes\CLSID Machine\Software\Classes\Interface Machine\Software\Classes\Typelib No need to use the the simsperm.bat file which has to be run on every machine. Manage everything via GPMC
-
Since upgrading to XP SP3 Corel Draw MSI has failed setup properly When corel Draw is launched the user gets the following error: UI language registration list is Invalid
-
Does anyone know how to stop word 2007 running the configuration process and taking 2 minutes to load if you have run word 2003?
- 17 replies
-
- migration
- office 2003
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Thanks for your reply, The BECTA report is Jan 08. Anyone know when Becta is recommending mirgrating? We want to have both versions running from Sept. Got the Schools agreement so don't think licencing is and issue. Correct me if anyone thinks I'm wrong.
- 17 replies
-
- migration
- office 2003
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Desktop Management - WinSuite Alternative
noah replied to paulwallis's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Ranger Remote control has its own depolyment console. not very cheap tho. VNC is free and you can create your own MSI. -
Rolled out SP3 to 30 machines and no problems to report with Ranger 5.8 Had the runonce problem with IE7 which was fixed with group policy
-
Thanks for your help. Found the policy in the adm template we require to stop the runonce and works a treat. Regards,
-
I've got the same problem, When we've got office 2007 and 2003 installed on the same PC, we want to give users both versions for a Year with 2003 being default before switching totally to 2007. Having problems when you load word 2007 after you have loaded 2003, Word 2007 wants to reconfigure itself which takes up to 2 minutes.
- 17 replies
-
- migration
- office 2003
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I agree it would a useful policy but I'm unable to find it in the 04/10/06 ADM template. Any help on where I can find an up-to-date adm template with the runonce policy in it would be very helpful.
-
Thanks for your help - I need to disable the runonce setting as seen in the following link http://www.mattbrindley.com/images/ie7runonce1.gif but can't find in the 03/10/06 adm template. Seems strange to me the IE7 adm templete seems so old.
-
Thanks, I know where the files are extracted from the MSI but the date of the file properties is still 03/10/06 which is the old ADM file. Looks like microsoft has got there link wrong as on their web page it says 10/04/07.
-
Your right they are stored in the inf folder but still old adm files 03/10/06. We need the latest as pictured. On the MS website it says the date of the ADM file is 10/04/07 but then when you download and properties the file it is the old version. 03/10/06. Thanks
-
I've just installed SP3 and IE7 and I desprately need the latest ADM files for IE7. Tried downloading them from microsoft to find they are not uptodate. Oct 03 2006! http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=11ab3e81-6462-4fda-8ee5-fcb8264c44b1&displaylang=en The lastest adm file should have the setting in it for runonce as pictured in the link below. www.mattbrindley.com/images/ie7runonce1.gif Any ideas?
-
I'm in the process of building an image and I want to include SP3 and just wondered if anyone had experienced any compatible issues with Ranger.
-
Anyone had any issues with Ranger and SP3?
-
Thank you
-
Looking for some extra funding for our school/college budget! Anyone know of any grants that might be available. Someone from another college told us about green funding this morning! Think we have missed that one tho. Regards
-
Deleting Local Profiles When a User Logs Off, And Using Software Packages
noah replied to Steven's topic in Wireless Networks
Use wininstallle.exe free and downloadable from the web, to build an MSI file. Don't think there is a way to just convert an exe to an MSI. To delete local profiles use delprof or a log off script like found here http://www.schooltechnician.co.uk/knowledge_base/scripting/remove_all_profiles_from_xp_on_startup.html Hope that helps. -
Accidentally deleted default profile - how do I get it back?
noah replied to speckytecky's topic in General Chat
Microsofts system restore might help if you still have a admin profile left on the computer! Start - Run - type : restore. click rstrui.exe -
We used Wininstall to create an MSI for the ALAN Administrator. Set local folder permisions to full control on the promissor folder using group policy. I would strongly recommend creating your own MSI for the program as you will have to set local values.
-
Desktop Management - WinSuite Alternative
noah replied to paulwallis's topic in Network and Classroom Management
check out http://www.rangersuite.com -
Use Foxit Reader!
-
How are you instlling Java VM? And what version are you using?
-
Does anyone know where I can get an MSI for "Particles in Motion" Any help much appricated.
