PyROm
Members-
Posts
661 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by PyROm
-
I had an av video sender that use to do this on 2.4ghz from years ago. You can get 5.8 ghz and 900mhz baby monitors, which clears the 2.4ghz channel up for you.
-
Im in hospital atm, recovering from surgery, and suffering from gout in ankle. Basically drink tons of water (no coffee or coke etc as its dieretic) and keep elevated. Was told that cooling it can reduce pain but doesnt actually help to reduce/improve problem.
-
Can't delete certificate from certificates snap-in?
PyROm replied to kenw232's topic in Windows Server 2012
is this relevant? 2008 Terminal Services Self-Signed Certificate After adding an ad cs, remote desktop will auto enroll certificates unless you specify one in ts console -
Scrub that, I remember now, you have to be a member of a local dcom group to request the certificate, ad servers do not have local groups or users.
-
I dont really know, I tried this and it all installed correctly, however it wasnt issuing certificates properly (from memory there are 2 types of server certificate and it would only issue one type, which was not the one AD wanted), after lots of messing around I found an article saying that it wouldnt work properly when installed on an ad server, so (with reluctance) I installed it on our MIS server and everything started working.
-
Install certificate services on a non ad server, and tell the ad server to auto enroll certificate in group policy?
-
We have been asked by SLT to move from our current linux fileserver onto a windows one. In doing so our current backup systems wont work so am looking at alternatives. We are going to have 2 identical servers in different buildings and was wondering if anyone could see a problem using dfs-replication to keep a backup of user data on the second server, along with dfs-namespace to provide redundancy (weighted to prefer the primary server) and Previous Versions to handle any lost/overwritten files.
-
Email routing issues with emPSN
PyROm replied to WFS_DRS's topic in East Midlands Broadband Consortium (EMBC)
We have a slightly different setup where email comes directly to our exchange server, rather than through rm etc. For a while we could not receive email from about 7 schools who were on captia`s email system, all other emails worked fine, however those 7 schools could receive email from us. After managing to get the companies to actually look at the problem, rather then just blame each other, it turned out to be a firewall rule between Capita`s network and KCOM. -
Ive tracked it down to the card software not properly sending the magstripe data, now using cmis facility to create cards
-
The cards have a 6 digit number written to all 3 tracks, were using a datacard sp55 printer with badgemaker 5400 software, ive narrowed down all options, still not working, so now looking at reverting to older printer driver
-
The only other swipe card machines we have are in the kitchen tills, they read the previously made cards, however just show the data on them, not the format the card was written in. The equitrac readers are usb but I dont know of any software to tell me the format the card was written in etc. when swiped in one of these readers, it does not appear as a keyboard wedge like other readers when plugged in via usb.
-
Thanks for reply gds64, I found it when looking, it just says iso 7813 which refers you to iso 7811-2 for the mag card encoding, that gives me track1=210bpi, track2=75bpi, track3=210bpi however doesnt tell me which track equitrac reads, the MPC (7 or 5), the required coercivity, IAT or binary encoding, or if it needs escape characters.
-
Hi, the part number is Y591-EMAG-202 V02
-
Thanks MatthewL, will post number when im back at work tomorrow.
-
Unfortunately not, when I first set it up ricoh/equitrac couldnt even tell me what track it read, I got it working through trial and error. Since then its kept running fine and SLT decided to let the support contract lapse as we hadn`t used it, now I need to set it up again I cant remember the settings I used, also trial and error doesnt seem to be working either, I have a large pile of non-working cards.
-
There equitrac branded card readers
-
After using a card printer in the office to create cards for our equitrac print system for the last few years, the setup gets wiped. I have been trying to recraete the config however the photocopiers will not recognise the cards. Does anyone know the settings required for equitrac, eg. track number it reads, IAT or binary format, with escape codes, mpc/bpi of tracks? Nothing seems to be documented for equitrac. Thanks Robin
-
Ive had a similar problem before with a book of hand drawn maps and notes from WW2. The main part of it was the illustrations so I ended up photographing each page individually as it didnt require flattening out as such.
-
If your looking at cameras look at eyefi sd cards as well (now mostly available as sandisk wifi), Our students kept damaging cards and card readers, taking normal CF and SD cards in and out. Also if any get lost then you can usually find the last picture taken on them if it is in school. Useful if you have a camera that takes AA batterys as they never need the usb lead.
-
If you are on the new Derbyshire SAP system, any orders going to misco go to the goverment framework rep at misco rather then the sales department, reported it to county, county checked with misco and changed it to salesdesk email. Then someone high up in county changed it back and got finance to ring me and tell me never to call them again. We are finding it increasingly difficult to get an actual order through to them, the last 3 orders havent appeared at misco at all and we have had to fax copies through.
-
[acs] Serco Progresso/PHP related query, can anyone help?
PyROm replied to pwan's topic in MIS Systems
Just altered the code above as I relaised I had cut off the end of one of the lines. We currently use facility along with a lot of web pages we made to get better reports out, however they all use mssql. We were looking at moving to progresso a while ago so started work on soap for facility to make it easier to change when we switched, however then the reports came in about the problems with progresso, so we held off switching. We are in the process of changing headteachers (current one is retireing) and the new headteacher`s school has recently switched from facility to sims, so not sure what we will be doing now. -
[acs] Serco Progresso/PHP related query, can anyone help?
PyROm replied to pwan's topic in MIS Systems
For the facility (not progresso) api we came up with the following using php on linux, this is just a test script we used to check we could access it :- $soap_request = "\n"; $soap_request .= "\n"; $soap_request .= " \n"; $soap_request .= " \n"; $soap_request .= " \n"; $soap_request .= " \n"; $soap_request .= ""; $header = array( "Content-type: text/xml;charset=\"utf-8\"", "Accept: text/xml", "Cache-Control: no-cache", "Pragma: no-cache", "SOAPAction: \"urn:getStudent\"", "Content-length: ".strlen($soap_request), ); $soap_do = curl_init(); curl_setopt($soap_do, CURLOPT_URL, "https://:8443/API/services/WebService" ); curl_setopt($soap_do, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 10); curl_setopt($soap_do, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 10); curl_setopt($soap_do, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true ); curl_setopt($soap_do, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false); curl_setopt($soap_do, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, false); curl_setopt($soap_do, CURLOPT_POST, true ); curl_setopt($soap_do, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $soap_request); curl_setopt($soap_do, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, $header); curl_setopt($soap_do, CURLOPT_PORT, 8443); if(curl_exec($soap_do) === false) { $err = 'Curl error: ' . curl_error($soap_do); curl_close($soap_do); print $err; } else { $test = curl_exec($soap_do); curl_close($soap_do); print $test . " "; print 'Operation completed without any errors'; } ?> -
I want to trap someone...with evidence or a bear-trap. I'm not fussy.
PyROm replied to happymeal's topic in General Chat
Do people need a gate? if not just take the gate off its hinges (most just lift off) then theres nothing to padlock. -
When I was learning with a 40d and stuck at home I put a coke can in the shower and played about with shutter priority to change between freezing the water droplets to getting a smooth flow. I found it useful later on when I was photographing streams and waterfalls. Also it gave me a lot of practice at balancing iso/shutter/aperture to cope with the lowish light levels where my shower is. I normally use a remote release when tripod mounting my camera. They can be picked up cheap off ebay for £9 ish and you can get slightly more expensive ones that can be set up to automatically trigger the camera ever x seconds etc. for doing time lapse. If your photographing the moon with a long lens I would look at using mirror lockup which moves the mirror on the first press, then takes a picture on the second press, reducing any vibration from the mirror moving. From memory with the 40d you keep scrolling past to 30" and BulB is displayed on the top lcd display then you really need a remote release, which you hold the shutter button down for as long as you want the exposure to last for.
-
Exploring Science (Pearson Longman) - White screen of death!
PyROm replied to tom_pearson's topic in Educational Software
The patch seems to have stopped it deleteing files although it now just locks up on a white screen. I have copied the wrapper.exe from exploring science 8 into the 9 folder and set it to windows 2000 compatibility mode and it works. You get the es8 splash screen but afterwards its all es9.
