PyROm
Members-
Posts
661 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by PyROm
-
I use DriverStore Explorer [RAPR] - Home which is a simple program for inserting drivers into the driver store.
-
Make sure active directory recycle bin is turned on. Concentrate on improvements end users will notice first, spending lots of money on virtulisation where the end user wont notice much difference may cause questions to be asked if there are other things the money could have been spent on. If the school has ees/vlk licensing check vlsc login is switched over to your email along with any other online services or server fault reporting etc. Eg. Dell open manage.
-
The grammar hurts my eyes.
-
We have had parents ringing in to complain about the schools website, saying how disgusting it is. Turns out someone has put a link out on facebook, which runs it through a ghettoizer style translator, its impressive. Results possibly NSFW Gizoogle .
-
Last time we did this we used the remote command prompt of impero to do it, just typed in the dos command and sent it to all computers.
-
Looking at the reviews of that one, would you be better off just lowering the screen resolution?
-
Staff only dressing up here, the students didn't know so got very confused looks when all the staff came out of briefing this morning. Got a couple of batman's and a couple of wheres wallys, a Winnie the poo and a few others. Currently sat here as an American civil war sharpshooter.
-
OK, that's weird, both yours, and my original code work, using powershell to retrieve license status and logging in as user gives no onedrive, however the o365 administrator web portal shows onedrive box ticked under licenses.
-
Thanks for the reply, just tried it and still no luck. Had to change the line $upn = $_. to read $upn = $_.UserPrincipleName Like before, it adds the license in, along with onedrive :/
-
Hi, we are trying to do the same (meant to be going live tomorrow), however cant disable onedrive, after going through finding sku`s and plans (ie checking on our system via powershell) I still cant get it to work. It adds the licenses to the students, but includes onedrive as well. code im trying to use $LicOptions = New-MsolLicenseOptions -AccountSkuId :OFFICESUBSCRIPTION_STUDENT -DisabledPlans ONEDRIVESTANDARD Get-MsolUser -All | where {$_.UserPrincipalName -like ""} | Set-MsolUserLicense -AddLicenses ":OFFICESUBSCRIPTION_STUDENT" -LicenseOptions $LicOptions
-
Ofsted called :/, not coming now.
-
PyROm -> Thursday, second time going, last time was when they still put on 3 buses going all the way down the country (9 years ago?)
-
Hi, At the moment we use eye-fi X2 cards in our cameras, these connect to our schools access points and auto upload photos from the camera to our server (via their software). We have had this system in ages. We have just been handed 5 new cameras to set up, in addition to the ones we already have. However, eyefi have discontinued the eyefi x2 cards and replaced them with eye-fi mobi cards. The problem is that the mobi cards dont connect to an access point, they create one themselves for phones etc. to connect to, which isnt much use to us. I have looked at transcend which basically do the same as the mobi cards. Ive looked at toshiba flash air, which does the same as the mobi cards. Ive looked at the sandisk eyefi cards, which are now also discontinued. I was wondering if anyone had come across an alternative sd card that can connect to an access point to upload to a network.
-
-
We allow staff readonly access to student home drives, they have a paper and excel copy of the student login numbers, never had a complaint.
-
Is a quadcopter still a drone in the UK if it doesnt have a camera?
PyROm replied to PyROm's topic in General Chat
Unfortunately my neighbors watch the news and have decided that despite me flying it below the fence line, without a camera, that I am spying on them, and have threatened to call the police next time I fly it. This threat was a result of us asking them, to ask the builders currently replacing their roof, if they could take all the old chunks of mortar out our guttering when they've finished (the guttering is too high for us to get a ladder up to, they are using scaffolding). At the moment I have continued setting up at the pub but is a bit of a pain. If I fly it at home I know they will call the police, so need to make sure that I am correct. Re-reading, I should point out the mortar is what the builders have dropped in our gutter, off the neighbors roof. -
Is a quadcopter still a drone in the UK if it doesnt have a camera?
PyROm replied to PyROm's topic in General Chat
I have found this FPV Legality | FPV UK which seems to suggest that the 50m and 150m distance limits do not apply to small unmanned aircraft, only small unmanned surveillance aircraft. And the difference between the two seems to be that a surveillance aircraft can record data (eg. pictures, video, telemetry?). However this is the only site I can find that seems to make this distinction and wondered if anyone knew if it was correct. -
Just had a thought, wherever I see the CAA rules about drones, they always talk about camera footage, I was just wondering if quadcopters/rc helicopters are still classified as drones if they have no camera? If they are still drones then there's a lot of infringement from all the small toy helicopters over the years etc, as a lot of people wouldn't be able to fly them in their backyard without breaching the 50m rule. I ask because at the moment im tweaking my settings at a pub that lets me fly on their land, however tweaking is taking a lot of time and will take a lot of trips to the pub (not really a bad thing) to get everything correct, it would be a lot easier if I could hover it, say knee height. at home, but if its a drone I would be too close to the neighbors.
-
Anyone read this? sounds worrying if trying the preview in school, especially if the people logging into the pc haven't been given the EULA to read ... Windows 10's 'built-in keylogger'? Ha ha, says Microsoft – no, it just monitors your typing • The Register
-
Unfortunately small basic compiles wherever the source file is saved, so if they saved their file onto their h:\ drive, then tried to compile it, it would fail because .exe were blocked.
-
Our ICT department is teaching small basic on our computers. We use fsrm to prevent saving of .exe to users home drives so have run into the problem that they cannot compile their programs after they have saved them. The main sticking point for us not opening up .exe on their home drive, is that they are allowed usb memory sticks. Although we block them running .exe from the stick itself via gpo, it doesn't actually stop them copying them to another drive (although they dont have write access to anywhere they can save .exe files, at the moment). I was wondering if anyone knew a way to stop copying the files, or another way around the problem? I know people are using vm`s etc. for similar problems, however we dont have time to set this up.
-
I find these invaluable when working with rj45 leads Hypex LtdÂ::ÂCable Connectors & ToolsÂ::ÂToolsÂ::ÂCyclops 2
-
Do we have any mountain bikers/trail riders on EduGeek?
PyROm replied to L3OUGH's topic in General Chat
I currently ride a scott spark 650, but swapped the brakes and shifters to XT`s and seat post to a shimano DOSS which has improved it a lot. A group of us do Sherwood Pines most Monday nights, Carsington resovoir Saturday mornings and either Ambergate woods or Canock Chase on bank holidays. -
Portable Robot Printer Is Like A Roomba That Squirts Ink
PyROm replied to 6Foot2's topic in General Chat
Custom printed wallpaper, straight onto the walls -
Derbyshire ICT Conference 31st March
PyROm replied to kaphc's topic in East Midlands Broadband Consortium (EMBC)
Hi, Just came looking to find out what this Derbyshire CC meeting was that the emPSN newsletter is talking about. How were people notified about it? havent seen a thing about it other than the reference in the emPSN newsletter.
