Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

vortex999

Members
  • Posts

    68
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by vortex999

  1. vortex999

    Zoostorm?

    ^^This is where I brought mine^^
  2. vortex999

    Zoostorm?

    See the problem I have with SFF is that once the warranty runs out, (like most of mine have here) the components are almost impossible to replace. Most have bespoke motherboards and PSU's. Anyway this is going off topic, . tldr:Zoostorm +1 form me.
  3. vortex999

    Zoostorm?

    We bought 30 of these in may. I have not had to even look at them since, we have 3 years on site warranty on every single one for a cost of around £26 per unit. I'm actually looking at ordering over 100 more in the new year.
  4. Thanks for this. Its not preferred at all, I just need to convince management that it is worth spending 9K more to get a system that works.
  5. That is for a one off payment for 3 years NBD.
  6. Hey guys, So we are looking at different firewall and filtering options, so far my preferred option is to use lightspeed for filtering and a Smoothwall box for the firewall. However I have received a quote from SonicWall for A NSA2600 that comes in at just under £3,000 as a full UTM, this is for a physical appliance and support for 3 years. All of my competing quotes are least £10K more!?. I am really skeptical of this price, why so cheap? Is SonicWall still good now that Dell are in charge? Are they just trying to shift old stock&technology? I cant find any mention of Layer 7/Application filtering for this model? Basically I am going to be asked why we should spend 10 times more, and i need some answers to this. Thanks.
  7. Sign me up !
  8. Just a daily lurker
  9. Assuming you link it to the OU(s) where the users you want to get the settings are then leave it as just authenticated user. What this means is that only authenticated users in the OU(s) listed under location will get the settings
  10. Okay so this is creepy ! I just looked over this site when this was posted earlier, and now they just phoned me up to arrange a demo !!! No idea how they got my number. NSA please!!
  11. Nvidia 210 is my go to for this right now, however the fins do stick out.
  12. Most of the local ones near me only have a boom blocking the left hand side. The older ones have a gate where a little man runs out to open and close but these are rare.
  13. I am with lightspeed as well, no issues with this here. All I can suggest is make sure s.ytimg.com is let through for your policies. As we had some problems with this on our WebZones latley, the usual youtube.com and ytmg.com was not enough.
  14. Right click > disable, type reason in description, type date and who applied the ban. Most students wont re-offend more then twice once you remove their network access. We have a security group for banned internet as well.
  15. worth entering just for the prize draw, answer #3 ENIGMA2013
  16. 'Printer vbs for logon script 'determines the user who just logged on Set objSysInfo = CreateObject("ADSystemInfo") Set objNetwork = CreateObject("Wscript.Network") 'As soon as we tack on LDAP:// and construct an ADsPath we then bind to the user account in 'Active Directory and report back the groups the user belongs to; this can be done simply 'by enumerating the values in the MemberOf attribute. strUserPath = "LDAP://" & objSysInfo.UserName Set objUser = GetObject(strUserPath) For Each objGroup in objUser.Groups strGroupName = objGroup.CN 'Mapping of printers by group and set default printer for that group Select Case strGroupName Case "Staff" objNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection "\\Print-Server\Staff room-2025n" objNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection "\\Print-Server\Room5 - HP2600n" '==========Add addtional case sections for each group above================ End Select next
  17. My VBS Script for students maps printers based on the OU that the PC is located in, so they only get the printer for the particular room they in at a time. would this be any help? And my staff one applies printers based on the users membership to the security group "staff".
  18. I use AUM to create bulk AD users, to set home home directories for multiple users just go back to Active directory and use that for this task. You can however use AUM to set multiple group memberships.
  19. I use active user manager for bulk AD user creation. Mikey Magic's Web Site - Active User Manager for Windows 2000 & 2003 Active Directory (AD) You just need to create a CSV file and import, but once you have created the template put it away until next year. You can also bulk add users to security groups using this program.
  20. Yes that worked, however I did have to remove FIM 2010 first.
  21. Trying now, thanks for the suggestion.
  22. I have now applied this setting via GPO as well! and made my user a member of the Remote desktop users group. Fingers crossed !
  23. Update: My user reports that this still does not work!? I'm out of ideas.
  24. Hello all, We were upgraded to Office 365 on Friday evening, I am trying to setup Active directory syncing for our users (students). When we set-up Live@Edu we used FIM2010 Sync service to sync accounts, we however never managed to get password sync working for some reason. Now I have followed the Microsoft guide to setting this up: Activated AD sync on 365 management Portal Met all pre-requisites for the server. non domain controller, joined to AD. The problem is when I come to install the dirsync.exe tool its self, I receive the following error. Event viewer gives no clues. Do i need to remove FIM 2010 first? Am I missing something simple?
×
×
  • Create New...