Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

vortex999

Members
  • Posts

    68
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by vortex999

  1. Okay so I was being dumb! Turns out you have to do this as well, I had done part 1 but not part 3: First we'll make sure your user account is a member of the Remote Desktop Users group: Right click Computer or My Computer and then click Properties. Click the Remote Settings link or the Remote tab if you are on XP. Click the Select Users or Select Remote Users button. If your user name is not listed in there, click Add and enter your user name. Click Ok and Ok again to dismiss both dialogs. [*]Once you are done, try reconnecting. If you can connect, stop here - we're done. If you still see the error message continue to step 3. [*]We're almost done. Next, we'll grant the Remote Desktop Users group the right to log on: Click Start then click Run. Enter secpol.msc and click Ok. The Local Security Poloicy window should open up. Expand the Local Policies node and click User Rights Assignment. On the right hand side, double click Allow log on through Terminal Services or Allow log on through Remote Desktop Services. Click Add User or Group and enter Remote Desktop Users. Click Ok and Ok again to dismiss both dialog boxes. Restart your PC, wait for a few minutes and try to reconnect using Jump
  2. Hello all, We have 5 External IP addresses setup to allow remote access for some members off staff, now these all work perfectly fine with windows XP. However I have just converted one user over to windows 7(finally) and now it appears to have broken it! I have enabled remote desktop on the machine and set her domain info as an allowed user. I have reserved her machines IP address and replaced the old one within the firewall to forward to her machine. I have allowed access in her dial in tab on AD. It would appear that she is able to contact her machine with the external IP address but she receives the error: "must be granted the Allow log on through Terminal serices right. By default, members of Remote desk top users group have this right must be granted manually" Am i missing something windows 7 specific here? It works for my office machine, but I have admin rights which I don't want to give to her. Thanks.
  3. And this is how to capture a machine already set up, with the software etc. How can I capture an image using capture media in ConfigMgr 2012 - Configuration Manager 2012 - www.windows-noob.com
  4. I followed this guide during my setup, using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 7. Build and Capture Windows 7 X64 SP1 - Configuration Manager 2012 - www.windows-noob.com As long as you have the previous steps set up it should work.
  5. So you want to use a TS to capture an already made image? I don't think this is possible without custom code. You can use a TS to create a build and capture, this installs a fresh copy of windows to the reference machine and captures the process back to the server, you then have to roll that back out with another TS. Or you an use bootable media (USB/DVD) to capture a reference machine in its current state.
  6. This works really well, is there any way to point it to BBC news instead of BBC one?
  7. vortex999

    1 Year left

    Id say around 500/750 are on XP, however half of these machines will not take the upgrade! There is a big bill on the way! Some of the staff machines are using celerons (*shudders*) that are over 10 years old. We truly are in the dark ages.
  8. vortex999

    Diplomacy

    Mother Russia shall rise.
  9. vortex999

    Diplomacy

    Can I play ?
  10. This site seems to be doing the rounds now. https://sites.google.com/site/edugamesunlimited/ Its the new favourite among the kids:)! Any idea how you can block these kinds of google sites? We using Lightspeed filtering here: Have tried adding the domain to the block list direct - no luck Have tried to recategorise the domain - doesn't show up on any of the kids history, wont let me manually categorise it.
  11. Score : 6.93 Time : 168.75
  12. Does this work on XP? I get an error when using this as a start up script, line 44 char 2. It seems to work when it is run directly though.
  13. I have a teacher that wants just Premier pro 2 installed in one classroom after he saw the news that it was now "free". We hold a license for CS3 web premium that doesn't include Premier pro, not sure if we ever held a CS2 license in the past. I'm guessing its probably wrong of me to install this?
  14. That's what I thought thanks Nik Any easy way of setting up a local site?
  15. Hello all, My school uses an externally hosted website can I still integrate HAP with it, or is it only possible with a site hosted internally?
×
×
  • Create New...