Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Kyle

Members
  • Posts

    1,027
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyle

  1. I have been told we are having this Forensic Software on our network. The guy from the company os coming in next week to install it on one of our servers. I have had a quick look at teh installl guide etc and it all seems to be straight forward install of IIS. SQL and the software. The only worrying thing is the client software. It does look like it has to be installed on each PC individually( i will look later to see if i can do a MSI package) IS any one else running this or trialing this and if so what feedback haveyou got? Forensic Software to raise the profile of a new powerful behaviour monitoring software which benefits any agency dealing with the welfare of children, for instance Schools, Police, Health and Social Services. It monitors all user activity on the network.....not just internet use but also emails, chat rooms, and any desktop activity.
  2. ePortal Roll call and lesson Registration.
  3. I have the following seting User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Internet Explorer/Browser menus\Disable Save this program to disk option : enabled and it is working fine both on the staff and pupil GPO. My Head of ICT wants me let staff download cetianfiel types ie:PDF and certain video files from the BBC archives. IS there a way this can be done in GPO We also run ISA 2000 if thats any help.
  4. Is there a way we can stop kids from using MSN Messenger. I will be posting a few basic questions tonight as i continue in building my test network( systems manager is too busy to help.....!) I want ostop the kids from runningn MSN messenger. I have gone to the GPO and change the settings in both Computer & User Configurations>Admin Templates>windows components>windows messenger> and enabled both settings, but the kids seem to get it to run. I have checked several yr11 kids who all seem to have the MSN program files in a folder on their home drives. ( I think they have been passing them round) They then launch the .exe from there. I deleted all files using NFS. We run ISA 2000 as well, is there another way to stop this from being used?
  5. I have been installing a couple of pc's with Server 2003 for testing purposes. The question i have is this. I have joined the servers to our current domain but only has member servers, i log on as domain admin and set the desktop background of what I want from a couple of pic files on the c: drive. Trouble is that every time i reboot i loose the desktop and the IE securty pop up comes up again as if its the first time i have logged on(even though i put the tick in the box not to) It is strange to me, have i missed somthing simple? Its the desktop thats buggin me! Sorry if this is a bit basic but I don't normally get chance to play with the servers.
  6. Today i did a admin install of Microsoft Office 2003, it went to plan and i have included it in a Unattended XP SP2 disc i have created. What i wondered is that can other Micorsoft Software be installed with a admin install as well? Any others?
  7. Thanks Guys, Looks liek I'm stuffed then.........lol I have tried today to make a Unattended Windows XP SP2 disc with software that installs from scipts during Install. All has gone well so far and have even got it installing Office 2003, Net framework 1.1, Sun Java. Will try out more when i get time.
  8. Hi I'm Kyle, A new ICT Technician in a secondary school. I am slowly learning my trade, having not worked in schools before and have spent hours reading these forums since i found them. You may find some of my post in future somewhat basic but the only way to learn is to pick experienced brains, and unfortunatley i do not work with anyone in that calibre..... !
  9. I am new to this site and new to being a School ICT Technician. My boss (System's Manager) is living in the dark ages and I want to improve things. I have been playing with RIS since Xmas and have it working quite well. I have done a few workstation images already and edited .sif files accordingly. I came across a problem today, I created an image on a PC with a 80gb HD, i tried to deploy to a PC with a 40gb HD and it will not work because there is not enough space. Is there any way this can be altered to work on a smaller HD?
  10. Disabled at the moment?
  11. Excellent............................now this may seem a stupid question but i am going to ask it. I don't need a iPod to do tis do I? Can i use any recording to create my mp3 file.
  12. Thanks Russ I have only just become a member but have been reading the forums for a couple of weeks after the recomendation of a ex-collegue.
  13. I also use Dreamweaver as well, i have only played with my own RSS created in notepad..........was wondeing if their was somthing less manually time cosuming.
  14. I am new to all this Podcast stuff. I download iTunes to listen to a few but I am still confused. I read more and more that htese are being used in schools and i would like to look in to this but have no idea where to start. How are they created, posted, I notice this site has used them as well. IS there nayone that can point me to a idiots guide, or is there already somtihng on this site i have missed. I am keen to look a this kind of stuff because my boss the Systems Manager has no interst at all in the curriuclum side of things , he spends all his time on the Mis stuff.
  15. Is it possible that the news on the front page can have a RSS feed. I dont tend to go to the home page toooften and mainly concentrate on the forums. If it was possible to have RSS then i would pick them up in a newsreader.
  16. I am new to RSS and have created a XML/RSS file with notepad. It al works well and when i update my 'latest news page onthe web site and add the relevant info to the xml file all works well. I may bea bit naive here but, is ther a easier way? Is there naythingthat can tell that you have updated your webpage/html file and that it updates the xml file. I am new to this and to being a technician so any help would be great.
×
×
  • Create New...