Ryan233
Members-
Posts
99 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Ryan233
-
I will have alook at that, I can say this,when i was looking yesterday i did notice about 5-6 different folders,where users redirected stuff was going.
-
Thank you for your reply.
-
I agree with you mate. I have just inherited this network and i don't know why he was using Roaming Profiles. I will have a look tomorrow and try and few things out.
-
im a FUT founder. i love fifa 13. the only mode i play it UT. so far i have played 30 matches. i have won 23 drawed 2 and lost 5. I have 3 teams. a Bronze,silver and a gold team. Here is my Gold team. FIFA Ultimate Team - My Shared Squad | EA SPORTS Soccer
-
I think i will get a better understanding tomorrow when i have a good look on the server. I was thinking of storing the profiles on the Nas? Do you think this would be ok?
-
Good Morning Everyone Well i have taken on another 5-6 Primary schools and i have been on a little tour of them all. There is one school that is using Roaming Profiles for staff also redirecting everything and there are logon times are crazy. Like 25-30mins to logon. There are using mandatory profiles with redirected for students. I have had a quick look and the roaming users profiles are averaging between 10mb to 100mb. That is obviously a major issue and the students profiles are averaging between 9mb to 20mb which is huge. Most of the computers are about 5-6 years old,by the look of thinsg the old Tech has started rolling out Windows 7 laptops The Server is about 2-3 years old and it is running Windows Server 2003,that is the DC also there have another server which is running Windows Server 2003 R2.By the look of things This is a print server. There have a 2TB NAS drive doing nothing. I'm going have a good look at the server tomorrow,to see what GPO there are running and DNS Stuff like that but what would you recommend me to do? Start from Scratch? Making New profiles?
-
Well i have just took over a new primary school,im looking after about 10 primary schools now. This primary school has lots of equipment but are not using it. for a example there have a 2TB NAS stored in the cupboard and also a server with 2003 R2. Im looking to get this equipment used. What i was wondering is could i make the staff and students new profiles and then store the profiles on the NAS Drive? There would be Roaming Profiles, i would would do Mandatory Profiles but i don't have alot of time on my hands. What would you recommend i do with the other server? Print Server?
-
Well i have just took over a new primary school and there have ranger installed on the server. What is the easiest way to uninstall this and go back to a vanilla windows server. I have never used ranger so i don't have clue how to work it or how to remove it correctly.
- 4 replies
-
- ranger
- remove ranger
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I will have to try and call our supplier.Becuase it has been took off our Volume Licensing Service Center
-
Yeah i need the server 2003 Standard edition iso too. we are apart of the Volume Licensing Service Center but this has been removed from there now
-
Hi Well we have just brought about 30 new 64 bit windows 7 laptops, i have created a image and captured it, but when deploying it, it needs the NIC driver installed? Any advice how to do this?
-
Good Morning I have tried to extract the msi from the exe from the activinspire 1.6 but the universal extractor software just crashes and says there was a error. TrID/32 - File Identifier v2.02 - (C) 2003-06 By M.Pontello Definitions found: 2641 Analyzing... Collecting data from file: C:\Users\rridley\Desktop\MSI\ActivInspireSuite_v1.6.50464_en_GB_setup.exe 74.7% (.EXE) InstallShield setup (43050/17/16) 18.2% (.EXE) Win32 Executable Generic (10527/13/4) 3.4% (.EXE) Generic Win/DOS Executable (2002/3) 3.4% (.EXE) DOS Executable Generic (2000/1) 0.0% (.CEL) Autodesk FLIC Image File (extensions: flc, fli, cel) (7/3) Thats is the error im receiving all the time, so i wondering if someone can send me the activinspire 1.6 msi file please. PM me for email address
-
Something I've been working on
Ryan233 replied to TheMan100's topic in Network and Classroom Management
That looks great.. I would love to try your application in one of my primary schools. -
I have got this working now thank you everyone for your input
-
How did you go about doing it in GPO? I have server 2003 not R2.
-
Good Morning Well i need to put a desktop shortcut to a certain webpage to all staff accounts. I have tried scripting it but that never worked and i have also tried using gpo but that never worked either. What is the best practice to get this working.
-
We have frog at our school and the week does automatically change from Week 1 to Week 4. This is pulled from our MIS system into frog and then frog does the rest.
-
Windows 2003 SP2 upgrade to Windows 2003 R2
Ryan233 replied to Ryan233's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
I have Migration server roles and stuff before, but i have never updated to Windows 2003 R2. Personally i think it would be better for me and the school to just update the current server to Windows 2003 R2. the school do not have the funds to buy a new server and the school is actually tiny in size. we only have about 300 pupils in the whole school. I have normally just brought new server and then migrated the data over but in this school i cannot do this. I manage another 8 schools, but there have funds and there have more then one server. -
Windows 2003 SP2 upgrade to Windows 2003 R2
Ryan233 replied to Ryan233's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
File server,Printer server,Application server,DHCP,DNS,Domain Controller Thats everything this server does atm -
Windows 2003 SP2 upgrade to Windows 2003 R2
Ryan233 replied to Ryan233's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
The school is a primary school. It only has one server. -
Windows 2003 SP2 upgrade to Windows 2003 R2
Ryan233 replied to Ryan233's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
Same questions apply about Windows 2008 R2. How easy is it upgrade from Windows 2003 SP2 to Windows 2008 R2? Would i lose any data or shares? Anyone get any tutorials on how to do this? -
Good Afternoon everyone Well i have recently gone to a new school, i recently took over the support for, There server is Windows 2003 SP2 and i would like to update this to Windows 2003 R2. I would like to do this soon for some extra features like print management, If anyone can answer the following question it would be very much appreciated How easy is it upgrade from Windows 2003 SP2 to Windows 2003 R2? Would i lose any data or shares? Anyone get any tutorials on how to do this?
-
Windows Server 2003 R2?
-
Great Stuff that has worked for Windows XP machines. but not the few windows 7 machines we have
-
Well i tried the above suggests, which unfortunately did not work. i'm starting to really get annoyed at this issue. specially because its only HP printers. Well i have just tried a different driver the HP universal ps5.4 driver. i have taken a picture of the test page. Can anyone point me in the right direction.
