Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pslater

Members
  • Posts

    95
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pslater

  1. BBC1 20:30 Monday 25th Nov 2013 please! BBC iPlayer - Panorama: Amazon: The Truth Behind the Click Many thanks in advance, Pete
  2. I have sent you a PM about the projectors CheeseDog but what inputs are there on the projectors? Pete
  3. Has anyone else using Pcounter found it annoying that you can't set a quota or limit for a client code/department rather than only the individual? We have lots of staff who are part of several departments and like most schools I suspect, we charge printing at the end of the year to departments rather than individuals. Are we being silly here and have missed something or have other people found this too? I presume Papercut can do this?
  4. Hi All, First of all I should say that all the information I have is from word of mouth. Passive speaker driven by amp (which is almost always left on) started to make a high pitched noise and 'smoke' 10 minutes after turning the computer on and swithing the mixer to this signal. It was switched off at wall by passer by and ever since I've not been able to recreate it. Speaker looks and sounds fine! Any thoughts on what may have caused this 'smoke'? Should I just leave it? I should mention that although we do have a lecturn mic that was turned on at the same time, it is again almost always on and ive never created feedback from it, even cranked up really high. Also it was only one speaker 'smoking', the other was fine. Pete
  5. Actually thought this would be a good first task for him, then get him to create his own AD profile and the gubbins that goes with it...Then theres the other 4 and 1/2 days...
  6. I'm sure that can be part of it too...
  7. Hi All, We've got a year 10 chap coming from another school next week for work experience and I was wondering what tasks others have given to work experience people before? I'm hoping to offer him something that might be a little worthwhile, not just the menial tasks we don't want to do that week, i.e. I'm happy to go out of my way a little to make it worth while for him, not just try to benefit us. Any thoughts are appreciated. Pete
  8. Hi Everyone, Does anyone record BBC Parliment and could upload these please? : BBC iPlayer - Decision 79 - Election Night BBC iPlayer - Decision 79 - The Morning After and also: Margaret Thatcher, Death of a Revolutionary, Channel 4, 19.00, Saturday April 13th. (just my luck that this hdd in the 247 box has died...) Many thanks, Pete
  9. Anyone got a copy they could put onto the exchange? Many thanks, Pete
  10. I would suggest that spending time looking for an adapter that can have 3 different sources and then the money on it wouldn't be worth it. If your school is anything like ours, you will probably be required to pop by and help the speaker set up anyway, so therefore couldnt you just quickly patch it yourself? we do similar with a 2 point setup. If you do find a device that can take 3 seperate vga-over-cat5 inputs I'd be interested to see it.
  11. Hi All, For quite a few years we have had hired plasma screens for our Founders Day at the school. One solution was to go all VGA with splitters, while we didnt have many problems with this, it looked ugly with taped down cables everywhere. Last year we used a combination of VGA Splitters and VGA over CAT5 (which we were able to lay under the marquee carpet), however this solution gave us interference issues and we think we had issues with ground loops with the adapters themselves. What I'd like to ask is whether anyone else has to put on a similar setup and also whether there are other solutions? HDMI? Wireless? I'll post a picture so that I can give an idea of the space. Happy to provide any more information. Pete
  12. Have found similar problems a number of times. Am tending to think that the quality/power of a graphics card has alot to answer for when using the same splitter/adapter. Wherever possible now, we are trying to use hdmi/networked projectors. You may also encounter problems if running VGA/VGA over CAT5 parallel to mains power.
  13. Epson - Uses the Epson EasyMP Network Projection software...Can't remember the exact model of projector off the top of my head.
  14. Luckily the networked projector we have also has an iPad app. We find it useful to ask our guest speakers to install the app on their iPad or laptop etc before arriving. Only useful I guess if you have a Networked projector or are looking at getting one... otherwise I'd be looking down the Apple TV route.
  15. Sorry to be obvious but how about: ShowMagic - Downloads ?
  16. it probably won't do your automatic playing now and next though...
  17. Xibo is free and simple to use, so that's what I would recommend. Use it here for our signage and don't have any problems with it.
  18. The fast Track can only be powered through USB, will try the input idea. This problem occurs for all 10 of the Macs and Fast Tracks that I have installed. Pete
  19. Hi all, I'm installing a small Mac suite at the moment and bought Fast Track audio interfaces as I thought these would ensure a reliable, clean audio signal. However, after much investigation with cabling etc. plus quite a lot of googling into ground loops and the like, I have discovered that if I just use the headphone output from the iMac, the signal if free from any unwanted noise. Has anyone experienced this before? I'm sure it's going to be down to the power for the fast Track going through the same USB as the data and have also tried putting a powered usb hub in-between the Mac and the Fast Track in the hope that the Fast track doesn't get its power from the Mac, but this hasn't helped. I should also mention that the unwanted noise isnt just mains hum, it has a higher pitch to it too and includes random clicks and pops...oh and I've got the latest drivers for the Fast Track too! Mant thanks, Pete
  20. Could get a networked projector? We've done this (epson) and install a client onto a laptop when needed. We have also ran a VGA cable to the projector just in case, and haven't sorted the audio going through the projector, but I'm sure its possible and fairly easy.
×
×
  • Create New...