-
Posts
11,751 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by SYNACK
-
Can you get one server to Windows Server 2012 or above, DirectAccess is THE answer to this.
-
Did anyone bother with the release copy, as far as I can tell it is World of WarHalo with every weakness from both franchise. If I have to retrace the same small maps for yet another mission that could have been part of a cogent storyline I am going to puke. REALLY wish I had not bothered, it is very pretty and game mechanics are good but it has no discernable story, flow or scale. In conclusion... If I had wanted a season pass to waiting for my stop on the bus I could have just brought a travel pass and got the whole thing in 3D motionmaster fidelity rather than wasting power for the 2D artists vision of waiting on the bus. - for fullness, I have it on XBOX one and I was talking to someone about it who has the PS4 version, we both had the same complaints. -
-
Your thoughts? How much IT support does a primary school need?
SYNACK replied to TomHD's topic in General Chat
I get six hours a week for bigger schools with more devices, count yourself lucky. -
To early and it would have legitimized it on the other OSs, I never did get the hang of them on Linux or OSX, I just add more monitors. Good to see it there though.
-
They are pulling the Nokia brand and pulling the phone bit from the Windows phone brand to make things even more easy to differentiate.
-
Sounds like cherry-picking to me, the USD is used in a huge number of countries ostensibly as their main currency for anything of value with no real links back to the US federal Reserve, it actually worked for the USD for many years as a vote in confidence of the USD making it more valuable and stable as a result. From what I can see saying they can't use it would be more of a punitive measure because some are unhappy with their decision.
-
http://www.edugeek.net/forums/windows-8/137229-deploying-windows-8-x-apps-group-policy.html#post1181052
-
We got over $500 from some old building cable we pulled, out, didn't even strip it.
-
We had a netgear pro access point, could never get it to talk to broadcom wifi cards in the two Toshibas we had, never got a resolution from netgear, never again.
-
C#, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Fortran... it depends on what you know and have access to and know, 'bro'. TBH the above advice is correct, with the complexity built in to accounting software it is probably more economic to just but something.
-
I hope they are giving you a year of free service otherwise this is the reason they invented lawyers and SLAs.
-
I swear the old versions worked, but I have not managed to get the latest versions to work at anything near 1920x1080 resolution, it always limits it to much less. Any way to force it to work at a higher res?
-
We boot ours from EFI native as we are running W8. Things I would try if you have not already are BIOS update and IME/vPro update as this can easily get in the way. Have not had these issues with the hp 800 or their predecessors did have a similar issue with a bit of Lenovo rubbish, the only fix there was a new motherboard. If the firmware updates don't fix it I would try EFI hybrid or native if you can (W7 can manage at a push) and if that does not work push for new motherboards.
-
Which it, it should just be the UPN, which of the above have you tried?
-
TBH you would be better off segmenting the printers with the limited layer 3 of the switch and only get the smoothwall involved for outbound stuff or stuff the core can't do.
-
Yes, you need to add the UPN for the actual school domain and then assign this UPN to all the o365 user accounts. Luckily you can do this as a batch operation in ADUC by selecting multiple users and going to properties then changing the UPN once for all the selected users.
-
No layer 3 core switch available to bypass the edge device?
-
Cisco = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, their gear is good but their greed is better.
-
Have you added the school domain to your o365 tenant and have you made sure the user UPNs are set to [email protected]
-
Wow, buy a lottery ticket, the amount of issues configurator and profile manager can cause are immense, you have been very lucky.
-
There in lies the difference, ongoing consultation and funding of them rather than the hook , line and sinker approach that many get landed with after a shiny Apple seminar in disguise comes to town selling magic beans.
-
Mandatory profiles, could be that the library is not allowing editing of locations due to permissions
-
Doesn't help with unique and reoccurring per app, per device update and authentication traffic. That was one of the issues, not just the amount of bandwidth but the shear amount of packets were flooding their network gear. Bonjour screaming at the top of its lungs would not have helped either and so they needed to segment down their wireless and Ethernet broadcast domains, put in bonjour proxying and traffic shape or block hits to certain locations if I recall. You need a rather high end bit of equipment to deal with the nattering of 10k devices let alone 10k ipads all trying to phone home. Your average transparent proxy would need many cpus and stacks of ram along with multiple NICs to deal with that kind of traffic in a timely fashion along with causing trouble with https, the main source of the troublesome traffic.
-
Supt. Deasy's early and avid support of iPads under intense scrutiny - LA Times Why does this sound so familiar, management goes off to talk to Apple people and come back thinking Apple is the only answer, an 'impartial' procurement is launched to get iPads then the whole thing falls apart as the back end stuff has been poorly considered. This article raises a bunch of really concerning stuff such as the guy in charge making promo videos for iPads in education before the project even started along with trips to see both Apple and Pearsons CEOs beforehand. Stuff this article glosses over are the infrastructure issues, this is the same place where there were leaks about the iPads crushing the internet links with their ridiculous phone home behaviour and noisy network protocols. There was also the issue of the filtering being defeated by two clicks on the iPads leading these 1:1 devices use to be banned outside of school. Currently the whole thing is being investigated and the project has been put on hold standing at several hundred million over budget already with further purchases of USD$768 iPads suspended. I'm glad our little run in with iPads was on a much smaller scale even if it did follow a very similar pattern.
