Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

cmpwat

Members
  • Posts

    71
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cmpwat

  1. Evening all Just a couple of quick ones: a.) can a normal USB A to B cable for on the SB660 board? b.) is there a Bluetooth solution for the SB660 board? Thanks for your help. Wayne
  2. Completed applications and covering letters can be sent to: [email protected]
  3. Full Time – 37 hours a week, all year. Severn Vale School, recently described as one of the Top 100 most improved schools in the country, is looking to employ another ICT Technician for our busy ICT Support department. You must be a hard working individual who is capable of working both under your own initiative and as part of a team alongside our existing ICT Technician and ICT Strategic Manager You must have good working knowledge of Windows 7 & 8.1, as well as Office 2010/2013. Under the direction and guidance of the ICT Strategic Manager, you will be responsible for the entire PC and Laptop estate, from the initial purchase and configuration, through maintaining, updating, repairing and final disposal at their end of life. You will also provide support to all school stakeholders (Staff, Students, Governors, Parents and Visitors) alongside our other ICT Technician. Ideally, you would have been working in an ICT Support Role for at least the past 2 years. Although working in an educational environment would be desirable, it is not essential. Severn Vale School is committed to the safeguarding of children and as such, if successful, you will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS Check. Applications via application form, found here. and covering letter. ICT Technician Person Specification.pdfICT Technician - August 2014.pdf
  4. Morning all. Relative mac newbie here. We have setup a mac server and 18 iMacs and have them joined to the domain and working. We have configured Profile Manager and this seems to be working well as well. The one issue we have is the displaying mapped network drives with Finder is in Simple Mode; it just doesn't! So to get around it we have turned Finder back to normal mode and the maps are shown as drives on the desktop, great, however it now means that students have access to Utilities and Applications and I was wondering if there was a way of limiting access to the folders via Profile Manager? I have tried to map the drive in login items and dock items but when finder is in Simple Mode they will not show up, even with Connected Servers ticked under Finder option in Profile Manager. Hope someone can help?
  5. Yeap, done that one too. I have had a look and found an extra } that shouldnt have been in there and removed it. the wpad is working for my Surface (win8.1) my iPad and iPhone but not on PCs. Also, I need to add a line the ignore local servers as I cannot get on PaperCut for example.
  6. Yeap, can download the file as well!
  7. Yeap, and the wpad is configured in DHCP and DNS and is all pingable etc......if i had hair, be tearing it out about now!
  8. No reason, just what was in all the samples I have looked at. I have reomved it and it still doesnt work.
  9. Yeap, all pingable. I only have an internal domain, so both wpad and wpad.my.domain are pingable, with the right ip for the web server.
  10. all i get is the page could not be displayed...... this is what is making me think i have the content wrong.
  11. Thanks AngryTech I have put the MIME in, using the same as you: application/x-ns-proxy-autoconfig
  12. Morning all.... I know i am flogging a dead horse here but..... I am trying to configure wPAD on the network and I have a feeling that my dat file is wrong. I have configured DHCP 252 to look at http://wpad.my.domain/wpad.dat. I have setup DNS to the web server for wpad. I have run the dnscmd /config /enableglobalqueryblocklist 0 on all 3 DNS servers and I have put the dat file in the c:\inetpub\wwwroot folder of my web server. the contents of my dat file are: function FindProxyForURL(url, host){ var proxy_no = "DIRECT"; if (shExpMatch(url, "http://helpdeskserver/*")) { return proxy_no; } if (shExpMatch(url, "http://helpdeskserver")) { return proxy_no; } if (host == "fqdn of webfilter") { return proxy_no; } if (isInNet(myIpAddress(), "10.107.0.0", "255.255.248.0")) { return "PROXY proxy.swgfl.org.uk:8080" }; } I have set IE to automatically detect but still nothing, will not detect. I have run netsh winsock reset and rebooted and still nothing.... Now, if there anything wrong with the dat file? with it only work with domain joined machines? any help would be gratefully received!
  13. Thanks both......downloading R2 now and then will run adprep although reading the info, it should do it for me....however to be on the safe side I will run it!
  14. Thanks for that...... This is going to sound a little dense now...adprep? My domain is already at 2003 both Functional and Forest.......I didnt think i needed to do anything else? Wayne
  15. Morning Have setup a server 2012 with the plan to add it to the domain as a DC. In the past (2003/2008) you had to make sure that the server was not a member of the domain before joining it as a DC, is this still the case with 2012? Only asking as I would like to update the server first via WSUS before making it a DC. Any advice would be appreciated. Wayne
  16. Trying really hard not to flog a dead horse with this Thread but was wondering how people had got on with virtualising SIMS? We have ours virtualised and to be honset, we are thinking of returning to physical due to the issues members of staff are having during the day (massive latency when trying to run reports etc.). We have boosted the processors to 4 sockets/2cores per socket (thinking to switching these to 2 sockets and 4 cores to get the quad core as per the recommended specs) and 24Gb of RAM but duing the day, it can run like a dog and sometimes will lock up if someone is running an intense job (new in-take etc.). Just looking for how people got on and more importantly how they have setup the VM in order to run SIMS on in.
  17. Thats what I am say, my PaperCut is set to take its information from Windows Active Directory not LDAP. Windows Active Directory is the selected method of adding users in.
  18. My PaperCut is set to use Windows AD and not PaperCut..... thats the confusing thing!
  19. Hi Michael I have just tested the replication and all is running as expected. We have 1 PDC and 4 other DCs in the forest and communications are all fine. I dont think the issue is with the password as we have not had any issues for over 12 months and not changed anything on the forest and everything has worked fine up to this point.
  20. Morning all. I have a very strange one that I am struggling to get my head around. We are using PaperCut to monitor printing and pick all users up from a group, nothing strange here, all working ok. However, just recently we have been having some users being “removed” from PaperCut even though they have not been removed from AD. After a bit of digging and working with PaperCut, we have found the following: When a user has been “removed” from PaperCut, if we looked at the group membership in AD, the user was still in there, however if we looked at the group membership in LDAP, the user had been removed. Re-adding the user and re-syncing in PaperCut put the user back in. Has anyone else seen this or something similar where a user is in a group in AD but not in LDAP? I have posted some pictures as well that show this better: LDAP shows that the user, Andrew Davies in this case, is not showing in the group: SIMSGroup AD shows that Andrew Davies is in the group. LDAP2 shows that he is back in the group again, but this was after removing him from the group via AD and re-adding him. I hope someone with a bit more knowledge of AD than me can help on this as I, and PaperCut, are stumped! Wayne
  21. Afternoon Is there an easy way of finding out what XDs are using what Base Disk on a datastore? I have a number of base disks, some dating back over a year and I am convinced that they are not being used. When i run a Pending Update is Yes seach I get nothing back so i know that all my XDs are up to date, but I dont want tdelete the old base disks in case i break something! The other alternative was to delete all the XDs, clear the datastores and then re-create the XDs - good idea? Hope someone else has come across this? Wayne
  22. We were going to use the airfibre but then found out that they don't really work well below 100m. we cannot get our link over 100m without something in the way! We have been quoted for a Giga-Laser Link that will work at the 80m distance, gives us 1GB per second link, but will cost us £7,800. A lot of money but considerably less than trying to dig the car park and lay a cable.
  23. We currently have a Dell/Aurba wireless in place, controller less. The APs will need to be outdoor. We have thought about going above the ground but the distance between the buildings means the cable will be too long.
  24. Evening all. I need to connect to buildings no more than 300m apart and am looking at wireless point to point and wondered if anyone has done this in the past and who and what equipment you used? I have to look at wireless as it is impossible to install a fibre connection as there is a government oil pipe running under the car park and whilst it is possible to get the permission to lay a line, timeframe on the project doesn't allow for it. Been looking at different products and really do not have a clue! Looking to get minimum of 100mbps. I am assuming that if the AP is connected to a switch then the connection is a backhual? Will this allow for users to logon to the network as normal? If anyone can recommend some companies I can talk to, that would be most helpful. Wayne
  25. Afternoon all. I am having a problem with Windows Server 2008 R2 and some device drivers. I have recently migrated the server from vSphere 4 to vSphere 5.1 and this involved the upgrade of VMtools and the Virtual Hardware, however, I forgot to do the VMtools before the hardware. I now have some devices, like the cdrom and processor that say that the device driver is corrupt (Code 3). I have looked up the code and carried out the uninstall/reinstall but they keep coming back a corrupt. VM are being and useful as a chocolate fireguard as and I quote "has nothing to do with VM as the drivers are the Microsoft drivers, please speak to Microsoft" so before I put a call in, thought I would put it out there and see if anyone had seen this before and resolved the problem without the need to rebuild the entire server (not possible as its a web server). Before anyone says anything, no I didn't back the server up or snapshot it before the update, yes it was a stupid thing to do and yes I am a plank, that said, I still need to resolve this issue, so any help will be gratefully received. Thanks
×
×
  • Create New...