-
Posts
1,030 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by rickjames
-
Bump. So which version are people plumping for? Education? Education with Features on Demand? Enterprise?
-
Contemplating moving from iPhone/IOS to Android
rickjames replied to flyinghaggis's topic in General Chat
I bought a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 for £135 then a few quid to unlock it, they're now down to £99. Amazing phone for the pricepoint and quite the upgrade on my battered and bruised Nexus 4... Tempted to get one of those new Chromecasts even though I don't need one... -
We have Exchange 2010 and clients are predominantly Outlook 2013. As mentioned above I found a test HTML template I used in a transport rule and signatures always wound up at the bottom. Need to get out media/design savvy person to design it how he wants also before doing anything further. Exclaimer looks bloody expensive...
-
How do you go about it? Just trying to obtain some research on various methods. Ta.
-
Afternoon, Our sole iMac (10.10.5) in the school is playing up all of a sudden. It's binded to AD and connected to our WiFi absolutely fine (full strength), but it's giving me the 'Network accounts are unavailable' popup when booting up. I've unbinded and rebinded it to AD again to no avail. For the record I've also done the same with an ethernet cable to no avail. Any idea?! Stumped...
-
Morning, Due to painters/decorators and various classroom moves over the summer we've somehow managed to lose a Smartboard 600 pen tray. Does anyone have any details of a vendor that might be able to help us out? A Google on it has primaryict charging £260 odd inc VAT, which seems rather excessive. Or if anyone is chucking stuff out and happens to have one to hand it'd be much appreciated!
-
Right, think I've got it under control for now. Was getting bugged by it asking for a passcode before noticing I'd clicked on that on Meraki by mistake. This is one hell of a headache to get around first time...
-
I'd do that but don't really want teachers coming up to me, me plugging it in and going again; also when I do that so far it wipes the Meraki Config profile and I have to enroll it again. What about Apple ID's? Currently I've been using just my own and we have an IT Admin one associated with the VPP. As each ID requires credit card information (to my understanding) I'm just fearful of the bursar going crazy should something accidental occur.
-
Afternoon. We've four iPads that I need to enroll out to our reception classes in the next few days. Only problem/query I have is regarding Apps being installed... We want to manage everything app installation via Meraki, no exceptions; teacher requests app, we push it out. We don't want pupils/staff being able to install apps by themselves. Going through the initial stage of creating a Profile on Apple Configurator I uncheck the 'Allow installing Apps' option and it just removes the app store entirely, meaning I can't even push apps out via Meraki. From other people's experiences whats the best way to deal with it?
-
Got four iPads sitting at my desk now, so this will come in handy. Cheers.
-
test match cricket
-
http://i.imgur.com/LKmoLCq.jpg
-
ICT Direct Fantasy Football 2014-2015
rickjames replied to ICTDirect_Dave's topic in Our Advertisers
Any update? -
Kinda jumping in here... Has anyone else had any issues with Chrome recently just being really slow, stuttering all over the place? It was all fine when I went away on holiday but I'm back it's proving to be a bit of a pain to use. I've done an uninstall/reinstall of 64bit and it's still freezes up occasionally for a second or so. I know it runs all the processes for different plugins/applications etc but this seems a bit excessive, no?
-
Currently going through a rather extensive list, kinda bummed that USA Network is now asking me to sign in to a cable provider to watch Mr. Robot; worked fine with Unblock.Us for the first three episodes and now it's not. Bah. Top of the Lake, Bojack Horseman, Mad Men, Seinfeld, Arrow, Agent Carter, True Detective to name a few. Cannot wait for the new seasons of Peaky Blinders and Fargo.
-
Problem with that is I fear breaking stuff. At home I can be comfortable and do stuff confidently. Also means it's mine to keep forever, I see this as a long term resource Cheers. All VM stuff will be using Hyper-V I think...
-
Afternoon everyone... Now I've done my Network+ cert I'm pretty keen to get my MCSA in Server 2012 off the mark, and with that need to get some kind of lab setup going. It's a completely new thing for me, so what would be people suggest I do initially with it? My initial thoughts are a bunch of VMs doing the following Domain Controller - handles DHCP,DNS, AD Application Server (Core) - Deal with file storage, WDS, WSUS Application Server (GUI) - Same as above but to help get an understanding of Powershell Windows 7/8 test machine, to test out GPOs etc RRAS/NAT server As for hardware as anyone got experiences of the Lenovo TS-140? There's a cashback offer on eBuyer that brings it down to £240, with an additonal 16gb of RAM at £100 odd, a 120gb SSD (will that be enough for the OS with those VMs?) and the 1TB HDD for data it sounds like it'll hold up pretty well. Thoughts/advice/suggestions much appreciated
-
Pretty much. Took mine this morning instead and passed with a 783/900. OK I guess, it's often the simulations that throw me off the most. Can I forget about stuff like CIDR and EIGRP now?
-
Conga-rats On a similar note I have my Network+ exam this Friday. So bored of the material for the most part, again it all feels like stuff you'll never ever need to know other than maybe skimming the books once every blue moon. More than ready to get stuck into MCSA Server 2012 if I'm honest.
-
Get another 50-60 from the tail (maybe) and we'll be in a good position. Wouldn't like chasing on that wicket.
-
There's a couple in there I'd probably dispute, having done them myself. Walked in today (Oval to Knightsbridge) like I occasionally. Normally cycle but end of term staff event says I might have a drink. Pondered the bus as I walked through the bus station at Vauxhall but couldn't be bothered. Didn't seem too manic either which is odd.
-
Well, err, it's a start. Pitch doesn't look like doing much. Root vital to this... Got tickets for day 5 at Lords and day 4 at the Oval.
-
Ta. We don't have O365 and not sure if we'll go down that road anytime soon. Have GAFE setup and everything, but with the exception of a teacher trialling Classroom and one sole Chromebook haven't done anything...
-
Ta. We don't have O365 and not sure if we'll go down that road anytime soon. Have GAFE setup and everything, but with the exception of a teacher trialling Classroom and one sole Chromebook haven't done anything...
