-
Posts
1,891 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by tarquel
-
hehe Maybe we could start a Educlan on some game lol hugh lan party at RobC's then Yearly event & meeting - what a nice idea eh? Would we all fit in your house tho? (jokin lol) Nath
-
That was our plan but alas, they have been here longer than me - and I've been here more than 8 years lol - and they were just too full o' crap & damaged, used, etc to work out how to fix them. They been abused to much methinks, but couldnt believe they were still up there after so many years of use Ta, Nath
-
You can count me in lol I've never visited scotland and the g/f is sooo keen to go on holiday lol ...just wish I'd passed/gone for my driving test years ago grrr Train it is then! Prop up the door of the distilery and I'll be right there lol Nath
-
This thread is to introduce to all that you play online games Mention what games you like, are currently playing and what you cant wait to play soon. If you are havin a problem with a game or want to discuss one, start a new thread (in the Games section). ...hey, we all have to chill out somehow right? I'm (when I get time) playing FF XI - handle: Tarquel - World: Laksumi - RDM main job. Also, big into D&D style games like Neverwinter Nights / Baldurs Gate / Icewind Dale, along with the usual first person shooters like Call Of Duty, Half Life, TimeSplitters3 and so on. Cheers, Nath
-
Damn my brain yet again lol *chucks out brain and then realises he only had one* Doh! Nath
-
whoops - hadn't thought of that lol But this is, of course, only useful if he has linux ;) Regards, N.
-
Hi Mano and welcome Not that I have come across but if you use any server company tools i.e. Insight Manager for HP Servers for example, you'll need to update the software/util etc Check with the server site beforehand (just in case) as some "may" need a bios update or similar first. As far as usage and other problems, I dont think so - I haven't updates our SIMS .net server yet so I dont know if it would cause any problems, but there has been updates/patches to SIMS .net since the 2k3 SP1 release so I imagine that there wont be a problem with that. I would say the firewall addition may cause a problem - depending on the setup - but if you are installing it in 2003, then it doesn't turn on. It will only be on by default if you have slipstreamed it into the 2003 CD Cheers, N.
-
hehe we could setup a paypal account - get some donations and subscribe for the education usage of it all lol Just a thought lol N.
-
Now there's a good question.... Why are they seperate? I'd imagine a search of google would give you some results.... try: jpg to avi and see what you come up with Problem with some shareware converter proggys (as I found out a few months ago) is the watermark on them due to them not paid for i.e. to remove the watermark. Not much good if they are for art/media studies coursework. Welcome to the forum btw Cheers, Nath
-
I am predominately for HP laserjet's - seem to last forever. Only recently binned the very very very old HP Laserjet 4/4M laser printers we had. The roller are dead & the paper got jammed all the time so it just wasn't worth *trying* to use them anymore. But HP's certainly last Too little too late - bough the non-duplex one about 3 years ago. Its really good but indeed a tad expensive to run like you said. I only have the staff and 4-5-6 years able to print on it, with restictions using Print Manager Plus. Management still aint happy but you cant guess at how much ink/toner a print will *actually* eat up before you buy it can you? (or can you? hehe) Too true. Think we only use a couple of printers that wouldn't cost much to replace if the compatible ink/toner messed up the printer. Cheap lasers. The HP WebAdmin tool is great installed on a server and viewable via web-browser - tis handy but I just wish I had more networked ones instead of local machine ones Will also consider that Kyocera for a central printing point for office staff Geoff Cheers, Nath
-
Mark - I didn't know theres a pub next to the school!? or is there one next to you RobC? I'll give ya a double Thanks very muchly - thats gonna save me sooo much searching through the GP settings and like mark says, will get used a lot by me Cheers, Nath
-
...and for SP2 in XP (incase ya didnt know lol ) Yep - it works well and with a bit o GP, you can lock it down to so they cant allow the pop-up window or turn the feature off, etc. Cheers, Nath
-
But there's no way of a Yes/No with that is there - plus you cant log with that whether they agree or not (tho I know, you could word it "by logging on to the system, you agree..." ) I'm sure thats what I've used a while back with 98 and that you have to click OK to bring up the User/pass/domain logon screen. Of course, it may end up being left at the username/password part so when the next user comes along, they dont agree to anything (as they havent seen it). Overboard? - most probably lol - The little program does look good tho Cheers, Nath
-
Still havent properly tried it yet mark lol N.
-
Volunteers wanted to beta test some shiny new software
tarquel replied to Dos_Box's topic in Wireless Networks
LMAO oh right hehe Thanks *giggles @ "badgers spleen replacement op* Cheers, Nath -
Oddly, and a slight digression here, but I've never needed to touch the hosts file except to remove invalid/bad entries. I just have the vanilla one - and anything that Spybot or other Spyware programs plug in and thats that. No problems. Why do you use it then? Some fancy stuff I dont know no doubt lol Cheers, Nath
-
Dont use TS I'm afraid here... Don't worry - I'll find a way of doing it somehow.. Cheers Nath
-
*giggles to himself* Quite right people - Guess I'll have to be the resident vampire as well then Cheers, N. P.S. Made a silent install of this last night too - look on my site and see what time I finished updating it lol
-
For everyone who uses it, the newer beta has been released! http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en Enjoy N.
-
Hi all Hope its ok here - I thought it best as its to do with the board heading I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good training companies/courses for any aspect of IT really. We've asked the county about MS courses cheaper for Education, but they dont seem overly interested in the idea. If anyone can suggested courses - either 3rd party or from a training company - on, for example: Microsoft (any/every aspect), cisco or equivilent networking qualifications, etc, then please post them here - along with any pricing and whether there is discounts for edu and group booking and/or equipment needed. That was a mouthful - hope it made sense. Cheers, N
-
I really really hope so - I need the cash soon (g/f is sooo demanding lol [joking] lol) Cheers, N.
-
Is there anything useful in that log? Just a thought - bit hard having not seen that msg myself and not having 2k servers. Regards, N.
-
Have you tried HijackThis to remove the probable hijacked entries causing the blank screen? uninstalling/reinstaling IE or XP usually wont make a difference btw - reason being that in reinstalling either, it generally preserves the registry entries - and thats where the spyware entries are lurking and in so doing the reinstall, will solve nothing (hope that makes some sorta sense lol). I'm happy to say that there isn't a bit of spyware that I've seen that has beaten me yet - and in the past two/three years - I've seen ALOT! lol 99% out of school tho. Cheers, N.
-
Were you doing it on the same domain? i.e. old DC to new DC (currently member server to be promoted to DC) but on the same domain? I created a new domain for the purpose so maybe this was the trouble but it did all i needed. I wasn't interested in the computer objects because the NT domain and server was very "basic" if ya know what I mean and I took it as far as I could learn and needed to. GP is a dream compared to the old system I still use it tho of course to lock down 98 - I custom made adm's and although it took a bit of tweaking, it works really well Regardes, N.
-
As multiple users are gonna be using it, my kiosk idea is probably not gonna work. What I would like to be able to do is assign only certain users to be able to log on to the machine and if anyone else tries, it either just logs them straight off when they log on or (preferably) gives them a error message i.e.: Is this possible with GP somehow? I had a quick look before but didnt see anything of use (may have missed something as it was a quick look) Cheers, N.
