IT_Man_Dan
Members-
Posts
448 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by IT_Man_Dan
-
Advice on what class room management software?
IT_Man_Dan replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Yea we've looked at their solution and at the moment feel it's not what we are looking for. Impero ticks a lot of boxes regarding features etc. Thanks Dan -
Advice on what class room management software?
IT_Man_Dan replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Ok, having looked at the Impero site and spoken to them I have to admit I'm impressed with what I see.. I'm going to BETT on Wednesday and will be shuffleing over to their stand for a chat/demo. Does anyone know if it works ok with CSE? Thanks Dan -
Afternoon all, We are looking into getting a classroom management system and am after advice on what's best. I've used Ranger remote/Netsupport in the past which seemed to work ok but was just wondering what else is available. We have XP (soon to be Win7) machines and CSE on the network. Any advice appreciated. Regards Dan
-
[sims] Deploying SIMS update to workstations with hidden C drive
IT_Man_Dan replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in MIS Systems
Grrr.... Not as straight forward as I thought. I went into group policy prefs and gave staff modify rights to %programFiles%\sims & %systemroot%\sims.ini but the upgrade still doesn't run under a staff user. At the mo as a temp fix I've written a batch file to run: simsapplicationsetup simsamparksetup & simsmanualsetup I've put this in the login script for a user that I've created with full C drive access and it logs in, runs fine, and then reboots the pc. Not ideal though. I guess it's CSE blocking it?! -
1. A playstation 3 with Battlefield 3 2. I know I've got it because I was with the OH when she bought it
-
Second vote for the R6950
-
[sims] Deploying SIMS update to workstations with hidden C drive
IT_Man_Dan replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in MIS Systems
Thanks for your help guys. @glennda Thanks for the info. I'm in Burgess Hill, where are you? :-) Thanks Dan -
[sims] Deploying SIMS update to workstations with hidden C drive
IT_Man_Dan replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in MIS Systems
Sorry I meant users don't have permission to write/modify C drive. I haven't tried running the update myself yet, I'm just going on the info relayed to me via the old ICT systems manager. Maybe I should just try it and see what happens Thanks -
[sims] Deploying SIMS update to workstations with hidden C drive
IT_Man_Dan replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in MIS Systems
How can I get SOLUS 3? I'm in Sussex so I don't think we can use SOLUS 3 yet? -
Please sign [ if you agree ] - I used to work here.
IT_Man_Dan replied to mattx's topic in General Chat
Done :-) -
[sims] Deploying SIMS update to workstations with hidden C drive
IT_Man_Dan posted a topic in MIS Systems
Morning all, Does anyone know a good way to deploy SIMS.NET (update) to workstations that staff have the C drive hidden on? At my old workplace it wasn't an issue as all staff had their own workstation and they had access to C drive so SIMS auto updated fine. Where I am now there is just a teacher pc in every classroom with CSE on and staff don't have access to C drive. Obviously I could just give access to c drive to staff for a week or so to allow all worksatations to be updated but I was just wondering if there's another way? I thought about trying to create a PRISM package and deploying that to workstations to see if that works. Any advice is much appreciated :-) Cheers -
OK that's cool that the normal controller will be fine :-D Next question: What are your thoughts on: Red Dead Redemption - Game of Year Edition or LA noire - The complete Edition Obviously I'll be getting GTA4 Complete edition :-D Thanks
-
See, I can understand everyones views on this and although I'm strongly against our governments cuts I do also think that sometimes you gotta spend money to make money... Therefore I don't believe hosting the games is a waste of money. Yes £81 million is a lot of dosh but just think of the amount of much needed revenue the games will bring to UK businesses etc. Not to mention the jobs that it will create or has already done so. Just my 2 pence worth :-)
-
Thanks for advice so far, Another question I forgot to add. Is there a reccomended controller for playing PS3 BF3 or is the normal PS3 controller the way to go? Cheers
-
Morning all, I'm getting a PS3 for xmas and so far know that I've definately got BF3 and Unchartered 3 with it :-D I'm currently looking at headsets for communication with others. I've found the Gioteck Ex-01 for a tenner and it seems to be highly rated. Does anyone have this headset and if so how would they rate it, what are the pros and cons? On another note, What's the best arcade racing game for the ps3 currently, I've seen Burnout - Paradise city which looks pretty good. I can't wait to get into BF3 - it sounds epic!!! Cheers Dan
-
Senior ICT Assistant - The Warwick School, Redhill, Surrey
IT_Man_Dan replied to grahamd22's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Morning all, I've worked at The Warwick for just under 7 years, I'm now moving on to bigger and better and they've had a shuffle around of jobs. I have to say that working at The Warwick is a great experience and I would reccomend applying to anyone. The staff are very friendly and sociable and it is a great place to work. Deciding to leave was a very hard decision to make. I admit the money isn't great but in this climate surely it's worth applying to gain experience alone? I've spoken with the ICT Manager about the post and he says that it's more an experienced ICT Assistant (2 years experience) that he is looking for which explains the payscale. If you have any questions about the school etc please feel free to pm me and I'll do my best to assist. Regards Dan -
Good Morning, I'm hoping someone can provide some ideas as I'm getting rapidly frustrated. Does anyone here use Sims learning Gateway? We have it (hosted by Capita) and ever since the transition to RM internet the connection keeps dropping after 5 minutes. If you restart the OpenVPN service the connection will stay up for about 5 minutes and then drop it again. I’ve got a case logged with Capita – Who can’t see what’s causing it and I’ve also got a case logged with RM who have changed loads of firewall settings etc but the problem still persists. Has anyone got any suggestions please? Thanks Dan
-
Did anyone ever manage to import an outlook calender into sims.net? If so please can you share how to do it as it would be a great help. Cheers
-
MOODLE LDAP not working after upgrade
IT_Man_Dan replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Moodle is set to auth using LDAP, with regards to each user. Until you've deleted them and re logged in you can't even get in to edit them. It just says Sorry the service is unavailable. Once deleted and gone back in the user is recreated and you can edit them. It's soo frustrating! -
MOODLE LDAP not working after upgrade
IT_Man_Dan replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
We have tried deleting a user in moodle and then it lets us login???? -
MOODLE LDAP not working after upgrade
IT_Man_Dan replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Quick update: Ok, I've added a new user to AD and tried to login to it in moodle, worked perfectly.... So my problem is with users that have already logged onto moodle before the upgrade. Is there any files I should of changed during the upgrade process regarding existing users? Thanks Dan -
MOODLE LDAP not working after upgrade
IT_Man_Dan replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
I'm using iis7 -
MOODLE LDAP not working after upgrade
IT_Man_Dan replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Which logs should I check (sorry brain not functioning at the mo..)
