-
Posts
452 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by happymeal
-
Morning! I have a job logged this morning where a user has ActivInspire (V 1.5) installed on their PC (W7), but the toolbar is not showing correctly. When they open ActivInspire they can see the board, etc, but when they try and use the Toolbar, but the icons are not showing and it appears to be just one grey box. I can move the mouse over the toolbar and can see the small boxes highlighted when the mose moves over them (ie, where the icons usually are) - so it does know the toolbar is working, but the images/icons are not displaying. I've uninstalled ActiveInspire and re-installed it, but this has not resolved the problem. I've tried a repair as well, just incase, but this doesn't help either. This is one of 5 Pc's that have been setup within the Maths Dept, and the other 4 have exactly the same software, drivers, updates, etc installed, but the other 4 are unaffected. Has anyone had a problem like this before?
-
Hmmm... I'm sure I saw some tall guy in leathers and glasses on the way into work
-
[sims] Problems with SIMS and .Net Framework 4
happymeal replied to happymeal's topic in MIS Systems
Managed to fix this yesterday - was literally a numpty moment! I ran SIMSINST again to re-install/repair it, and that seemed to fix the problem I was having and re-installed the framework for me and the user was able to log in. I also installed .net 4 full on a seperate PC that was also having the same problems, and they were able to log in after as well. Cheers though! -
Afternoon all! This could be a daft yet obvious question/answer that I'm just not seeing... We've recently rolled out W7 and new PC's for the Teachers to use, and have tried to ensure that they were all updated and ready to go, bar SIMS which is running Spring version (I think... I've had a few teachers come today to report that they were unable to log into SIMS this morning, so I popped over to a few of them to take a look at the problem. They double-click onto SIMS, enter their password, but get the following error message: "This application requires the full version of the Microsoft .NET Framework 4, which includes both the Client Profile and Extended components." I've checked to make sure that NET Framework 4 is installed, and I currently have both Client and Extended installed, and updated. Has anyone else had this type of problem? Is anyone seeing a very obvious fix that I'm missing? Could be me, as it's been one of those days and I'm very close to breaking my diet for a slab of chocolate, beer, and biscuits.
-
Tara Reid and the other thing from TOWIE - 4 reasons I'll be briefly flicking over with the mute button pressed down, before flicking back over.
-
I thought that was healthy for the rice, I tend to mix peas, egg, green peppers, and anything else. I've been reading up since Wednesday, as diet/food is one of those subjects in our house where you don't question it, but you're expected to know and get on with it (If that makes sense?). Think I'll ease off the pasta, as I'm not getting any thinner and might be able to shift it all quickly if I switch to something healthier!
-
It's all about the moderation ;o) In 2006 I weighed nearly 17.7 stone, and had my own gravational orbit. Was awesome for birthday parties and pass the parcel games. I kept to the below until 2 years ago, when I weighed just 14 stone and was built like an outhouse (Granted, was out in Cyprus for 2 months being run ragged, but still!) - I got lax, and about 5 months ago ended up back just shy of 16 stone and started back on it again. Breakfast - Porridge with bannana (When I can be bothered making it!) or a cereal bar Lunch - Either Tuna Pasta or Fruit Salad from Asda Dinner - Pastabake (Without cheese), or fish with rice I go to the gym 4 times a week and do for 3 of those days: 1.5 mile run (Only seem to finish at 11 mins, but I want 10:30 - only been trying since 2008 to beat that!) 15 mins on the cross trainer 15 mins rowing 15reps x 4 sets - Chest Press (45kg) 15reps x 4 sets - lat pull down 15reps x 4 sets - chest pull 15reps x 4 sets - sit ups 10-20 mins in the steam room On the fourth day I just do a 1.5 mile run, 44 press ups, and 50 sit ups, and then go for a swim before perv...I mean lounging in the steamroom. It can be boring just pounding away on a treadmill, or running on your own - so what I do is pick a spot in the distance and see how fast I can get there, and then pick another (Or in a treadmill's case, see how far I can get within 3 mins and see if I can beat it withinthe next 3). Or push yourself hard and see how many people you can freak out grunting and screaming as you pass the 1 mile mark in 5 mins...
-
Hmmm I've a solution - RELEASE THE POLAR BEARS AND THE LIONS! That said, I've been reading on a few edl/anti-edl boards and before the first brick was thrown they started foaming about race. It has nothing to do with deprived/race/community/not-getting-hugged-enough, it boils down to someone suspected of being a drug dealer (Did read suspected killer, but the link was pulled) being shot in a taxi, with an illegal fire-arm, and the family not being given the answers quick enough (5 mins after, I can understand, but 5 hours later you'd expect some form of a story). /rant_off *** The Norwegians lost 92 of their own, and asked for more democracy and greater understanding, and better communications. One person gets shot by police, and we're practically burning the cities to the ground, and calling for the Army to be deployed.
-
As I was growing up (Physically, not mentally ;o) ), I was given my first console which was a Spectrum 128k. I spent a few hours on there playing all kinds of games from racing, puzzle, shoot-em-ups, all whilst supervised by my parents (One was army and wasn't around as much as he'd like, the other was) who made sure I wasn't spending too long on them and knew the difference between reality and gaming. At the time, I remember hearing how music and books were the latest evil (This was 80's-early 90's). Fast-forward a few years, I was then on the Commodore and the Sega Master System - again, playing all kinds of death-dealing games, racing around, etc, again under the watchfull eye of my parents. Around this time, films were the latest baddies (Child's Play was in the papers over the Bulger/Venables killings, etc, parents leaving kids in front of the TV watching 18+ films with no0one around, etc). Near the end of 95-00, I was playing GTA (Original and London!), Doom, Duke Nukem, and other 18+ games, but always supervised by my parents who made sure I knew that the games were just that - games. They would buy them me every now and then (I'd save up, they'd get them), but they always took a vested interest in what I was playing, when I was playing it, and if they thought it was too much, they took would ban it. I think films and music were in the news again - Eminem had just started out and people were up in arms over his views on drugs/women/violence. As I got older I would then start playing Resident Evil, heading over to my mates to play Goldeneye - we were then trusted to play games ourselves, and to know the differences between gaming and reality. Enter 2000/2010, I'm a mature-ish man who still plays games, plays games with his nieces and nephews, takes an interested view at what they watch/listen to, and they also know the difference between gaming and reality (The reality is that they REALLY are rubbish at COD, and I've someone I can beat!). Their parents will buy the odd 18+ game for them, but will make sure that it's not too much for them, and at least one adult is around for them. No matter what game I played, someone was around to make sure it wasn't going to make me into a piano-string-carrying-loon, or have me mowing down hookers for money. Too many parents now will buy their children an 18+ game (I see this at a youth-group I run) and will just leave them to their devices. For the most of them, they turn out ok. But the odd one I've had to have words with. Sadly too many parents will just sit their kids in front of a game and leave them too it.
-
Hmmm - just noticed it's oddly quiet here, and my server has gone walkies. Hang on, who could that be knocking on my door...
-
Happy birthday!
-
Emailed!
-
Recieved it the other day, installed it, and now have a happy admin lady! Cheers!
-
I think you can use the con2prt.exe stuff from Microsoft? Failing that, there's these sites that may help: Q&A: A script to re-select default printer at startup | TechRepublic Logon Script Set Default Printer - SetDefaultPrinter VBScript Method
-
Morning all! I had a call from a company this morning called Baltic Training, for a position I applied for back in March... The company itself is a training centre for Apprentices who are interested in a career in IT for people 18+, and they start off in the classroom, and experience life on a Helpdesk which they run, go out and attend to jobs, etc, and come away with an A+, N+, and Server+ (I remember that bit from the job advert). The job itself was just an IT Tech who would maintain/upgrade the IT systems, set-up training scenarios, etc, and it caught my attention but sadly fell through as it was both subject to grants and I think it was eventually awarded to an internal candidate. The people I spoke to were very friendly and I didn't pick up on any warning signals (Apart from the post being subject to availability due to funding), and we went our ways on very good terms. I heard nothing else from them after but got a call out of the blue this morning to see if I was employed or not as they had a spot open teaching the Apprentices, plus a decent pay-packet and further training if I want it. I politely said I'd think about it, and started to hammer Google for any info about them. So far, all I can find is an Ofsted report from 2008/9, a brief mention about them working with Peart, the cuddly website, and a few press releases about them and what they offer - but apart from that, I'm struggling to find anything else about them that isn't written in a press release, or by anyone that's had dealings with the, Has anyone on here heard of them, had dealings with them, or basically know anything about them?!?
-
Any Foo Fighters album Any Greenday album Daft Punk - any of them Stereophonics - Language, Sex, Violence, Other Blink 182 - Enema Of The State The Killers - Hot Fuss / Sam's Town Less Than Jake - Anthem / Hello Rockview Manic Street Preachers - Forever Delayed Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Californication / Stadium Arcadium Incubus - Morning View (And any album AFTER that...)
-
[website] Resignation Letter [NSFW DUE TO SWEARS]
happymeal replied to featured_spectre's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
"Never *** with your sys admin" - reminds me of the toilet scene in Fight Club! -
IJT - Ink Jets & Toners - makingitgreen.co.uk ARGHHH
happymeal replied to intrigue's topic in Bad Experiences
Well... I need the car cleaning, the grass cutting, and I required 3 blonde Swedish women of ill-reput to assist me in the master lounge... -
Ha - it's just in case, some places I've worked get funny about receiving goods/services FOC from other schools/companies, etc, in case there is a problem with the device, it burns down the place, opens the gates of Hell, etc, in the future. Where abouts are you from? So I've a rough idea of if I can travel down to collect!
-
*SQUEEEEEE* I'll check with the powers that be, and come back to you - seeing as the only OMR here has gone belly up, I can't see them saying no!
-
Just finished rolling that one out here! To be honest, I found that Group Policy was the way forward with it - we knocked together a script that would uninstall Office 2003 and install 2010 on startup. This was a bit quicker that using the Deployment Software (We were looking at cobbling together another image as well as the time), and way quicker than rolling out Ghosted images (Think there was a key-issue, can't remember!). There are some very good scripts on here to help you - Office 2010 Group Policy Templates Once we'd fiddled around with the script, we just started the PC's up and let them do their thing, and checked them after!
-
Second question - are you still looking at off-loading it?
