-
Posts
452 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by happymeal
-
Educating Yorkshire? This is fire - it makes it look like daylight inside, but at night...it's very hot... *ducks quickly*
-
Tropical Monster mixed with Vodka, or Jager - you're welcome!
-
Afternoon all! I've just signed up for a nice little "run" in November, but I've just logged onto Charity Giving - Donate to Charity | Give to Charity Online UK which I've been used yearly to find it's been closed/suspended as they've been naughty boys and not handing in their homework. Since 2009. Can anyone recommend another fairly cheap/free Charity Donation website? Justgiving/virgin ask for fees/part of the donation, and this one only asked for a small upfront fee and that was it. Bit miffed really, as I've been using it over the past 2 years with no dramas Any recommendations more than welcome!
-
I need this in my life!
-
Last night, I spent opening a ration pack meal - partly because I was really hungry, and mostly because I couldn't be bothered trying to make a meal of whatever was in the cupboards. Still - chicken tikka with rice, followed by treacle pudding - still a win. Payday today though - tonight, I shall feast like a king...
-
...we migrated from Outlook 2003 to Mycloud and Gmail. I came in this morning to find a nice email to say "oi, you - yes, you. You've been migrated!". They've migrated over all my emails, but my signature, auto-forward, filters - they've not been copied over. I've just spent the last 20 minutes trying to import my outlook.rwz to GMail, but I'm getting a bad pasing sequence error message (regardless of if I save it as 98, 2000, or 2003). I'm starting to slowly recreate my rules to shift incoming messages into the correct folders, but all it does is add a label, or offer to forward it to another email address altogether. Has anyone else played around with mycloud/GMail?
-
Not tried installing much on a tablet yet - still using them as demo/instructional tools at the moment! Apart from CC4, how have you found it to use/install/lock down?
-
I've just dropped some money on a deposit and am now playing the "Is this safe to eat" game! Today - a tin of tuna that doesn't have a best-by date, and some crushed chillies in the fridge with some fresh mayo. Tres bien. Tomorrow - the unlabelled tin...
-
http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_175090.pdf - think this might help? Or failing that, take a look at section D - http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_067819.pdf
-
Avoid - like the bloody plague - the BUPA fitness app. Don't get me wrong - there's some nice programs on there for training, but the second the phone locks, the training session pauses. I did a 40 minute interval run with it and found that when the phone locks up the whole program pauses, so my 4 minute warm up ended up a 10 minute one...
-
I'm so not going on here on my personal laptop....
-
If you can, give SportsTracker a try - I've managed to find more people on there than MapMyFitness
-
I want to trap someone...with evidence or a bear-trap. I'm not fussy.
happymeal replied to happymeal's topic in General Chat
It's looked after by Places for People - I did ring them when the padlock thing first started and they said it's not their padlock, so they had zero interest in a padlock that wasn't theirs. I did ask about them issuing one, but they said there was no need as it's a low-crime-risk area... -
I want to trap someone...with evidence or a bear-trap. I'm not fussy.
happymeal replied to happymeal's topic in General Chat
It's like a budget version of Shameless. Just no women. -
I want to trap someone...with evidence or a bear-trap. I'm not fussy.
happymeal replied to happymeal's topic in General Chat
Sorry - been bit busy lately! Erm I ordered the camera, and then realised I has nowhere to set it up - I ended up setting the camera up on the corner of out flat, then some little twonk smashed it to pieces. I got a smug look off him the next day as he then tried to blame the locals (we live in a muslim community - I get on just fine with them, so that didn't add up). I got back last week from TA around 1am, went into the flat and remembered to get my stuff from the car. Came back out 5 mins later to find him sniffing around the car - told him very promptly to go forth and fornicate at great speeds, and told him there was another camera watching the car. He's not done anything to it since, but he did move the large over-flowing bin next to my car before bin-day so it wouldn't be collected. So I ended up with a large smelling pile of crap over the hot week - half of which was "spilt" in front of his flat doorway, the rest made it back out to the street. He has tried a few things to a few residents - one guy did respond by filling his top lock with insulation foam and poured air-fix cement stuff into his bottom lock. That got a giggle. He stormed round asking if it was me, and I said it was either one of the other residents "or the locals". -
What's your number? BBC Story - Your Population Number
happymeal replied to tech_guy's topic in General Chat
4,739,959,365th person alive on Earth, and the 79,497,483,663rd person to have lived since history began. But I'm not a number, I am a human being! -
Excellent! It brings two of my favorite activities together - I like to get drunk, and I like to game! Don't see what the fuss is about being "anti-social" - not much different from playing pool with a few mates at the pub! I usually go to my mates or have them over, crack open a few drinks, and smash out either a co-op or a single-player in turns. I'd go for a few multi-players, but they tend to gang up on me. Or flash-blind me. Or just generally drag the other players towards me. I'm down in S'arf Wu'dfu'd at the end of the month - worth a trip methinks! Anyone fancy meeting up at the end of the month?
-
Anyone else played this?!? I've start playing this over the past few weeks - and it's one of those games that leave you PHYSICALLY drained! It starts out with you fortifying your camp, then searching the neighborhood for resouces (Food, Medicine, Materials, Ammo, Fuel) which deplete with time and once they're used, they're gone. You also start off with a character who, inevitably, will die. There's no way around this - that guy you've just spend hours building up, getting attached to - he's going to be Zombie-chow. You then have to deal with that morale drop and then look after the group to make sure they don't leave/kill themselves. All that, whilst trying to rescue other survivors, keep the hordes away from your camp, and doing the main/side missions, between rushing back to the camp to deal with whichever nugget has a tantrum. I can't just stand on top of a building and pick them off - there's no time for it, plus once the ammo's fired, it's gone.
-
I popped into Henry J Bean's at the Printworks yesterday and ordered a Chilli Burger, thinking it was just a slab of meat, spicy sauce, onion rings, and chips. What I got...was a huge burger, with chilli, topped with spicy cheese, followed by onion rings, with chips. Even the birth of my children won't compare to the joy it brought me. /sniff
-
[for sale] Shuttle SG31G2V2 Black Barebone for LGA775 CPU
happymeal replied to MrEprise's topic in Classified Adverts
Is this still for sale? -
If your losing water that quick, then either you've got a leak somewhere or you have a gasket about to blow (I had a Rover 25, I feel your pain!). Have you gone over the pipes to see if there's any obvious leaks, or signs of a split pipe or a loose connection? Mine used to run fine for 15-20 mins before the pressure built up and leaked water through loose connections (and on several occasions split a few pipes).
-
Oh - compeed! Compeed will be your friend - pop some on the areas where you usually pick up blisters. And pick clothes made from synthetic fibres - means if they get wet from sweat/rain, they'll dry out a lot faster.
-
I Don't Claim To Be An Avid Follower Of Any Sport...
happymeal replied to 6Foot2's topic in General Chat
That said - has anyone seen him smile? -
On a personal note, personal "maintenance" is a biggy. I've seen several people who've been rubbed raw on their chest, and more than a few people have been rubbed/blistered on their neither regions, either because they're hairy or because of ill-fitting undies. Trim, use loose comfortable clothing, and vasaline on the chest areas. Footwear - make sure they're broken in well, tape up the feet or potential hot-spots with zinc oxide tape, and if your not able to grab cushioned socks, wear one or two thin layered ones with a thick sock over the top (friction is then absorbed by those layers). Hydration is a biggy - I tend to have my 1.5l Camelback (other brands available) with some cordial, but a few bottles tucked into the rucksack pockets work just as well. Food - packets of Haribo can quickly give you sugar as well as raise flagging moral. Suncream - if it's sunny and your sweating, your going to burn a bit.
-
Ah - get you now! Well - I'm child-free (that I know of!) but yeah, looking after a child does change you. I pop round my friends and she's got a little boy aged 2 (and one on the way) - it's like staring into the eyes of a Vietnam vet sometime. Silence? Go find them! Rustling? Take the plastic bags/food away from them! Putting them to bed? You best check that floor for that one piece of lego or sticklebrick! Would like a brood of little mini-me's, but I'm not mature enough yet. I'm barely trusted with goldfish.
