-
Posts
452 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by happymeal
-
Not too sure about the fighter jets, but I think you can store smaller planes (twin props, lear jets, etc). If I'm in a jam, I tend to "borrow" a Lear Jet from the airport and fly away. Less security, easier to nick, and I also have a parachute so I don't need to worry about landing it...
-
I might be on later tonight - managed to afford an apartment and have around $60k. Really like the Survival missions though! Drop me a request if you fancy a play - Moobe
-
I had a problem this year where my Rover 25 was causing more problems than it was worth. I tried searching for a car for sale nearby but the cars were either not as good as advertised, or there was something wrong with them, etc. I went to Peugeot on a Sunday just to take a look, and ended up with an 07 206 Sport 1.6 Diesel on Finance... I didn't really want a brand-new-out-the-wrapper car partly because I couldn't afford 13k for one and because new cars tend to have a few teething problems. They're not as bad or devious as some showrooms - I only had to put down £200 on the Sunday and signed up to a 4 year deal. I also traded the Rover in (was valued at a quid, but got £200 for it) - I didn't have a few grand to put down as a deposit (Was trying to move flat at the same time as well) so it was a bit more expensive than I'd like but it's covered parts wise for the next 5 years, has free breakdown and a replacement car to use, some sort of Guardex stuff splashed around to protect the car, free valeting up to 3 times a year, and there's a few other things that I can't remember right now.
-
Sigh. Started playing the other week on and off - waited a bit until they sorted the Server issue out and tried it last night. I've learnt there is no such word as overkill! Kept running over a certain player the other night, and then he ran away to his apartment and I lost interest in the guy. He then decides to get a freaking truck and trailer and plows through me. Repeatedly. I had to PM him to tip my hat and ask him to stop! Anyone else found that they seem to be losing as much money as they earn? I spent about 4 hours on it last night and started with $40k and left with $40k :s
-
Fahrenheit! That's the one! We've literally been sat here trying to work out what it was called! It was an odd game, but was very well done - was not the run-of-the-mill spray and play, you had to think of what you were doing. We were talking about Beyond: Two Souls which is what's kicked this conversation off! I've never played Heavy Rain - I'll have to look into that one...
-
Morning! We were discussing cinematic intros to games today at work, and I can remember a game (mid 2000 era) either on the XBox or the XBox 360 (Early years!) where the entire game was one long interactive film, where you could click the controller to dictate the converation, select an action, etc. But - we can't remember the name!!! All I can remember of the game was that: * It started with the main character in a bathroom in a cafe, with a dead body. You quickly had to hid the body in the stall, mop up the blood, and leave - if you didn't do it in time, you had to fight the police. The main character was mid twenties/early thirties, shaven head, and glasses. I think he was called Desmond, but I could be thinking Assassins Creed. * The main character was a photographer/web designer who was then investigated by the police and the policewoman had a thing for him. * It was winter with a blizzard, which was a plot device * The main character had some kind of alien/super power, which the police woman saw, and sees him going on the run to take on a cult/organisation that's ttrying to bring about the end of mankind. The blizzard was something to do with it - we can't remember. Depending on how quick you were to interact you either took on a shadowy cult that wanted to bring about the end of mankind via blizzard/alien power and you took on an alien superpower, OR you ran from the police, and tried to make sense of what happened. That's all we have so far - it was the first game of it's kind which followed Mirror Edge, so we're looking around that time. With that vague description - anyone got a clue was the game was called?!?
-
Pass what you've seen onto your Head Teacher and whoever your Data Protection Officer is on site. Failing that, does your LA have a Data Protection Officer?
-
Event Viewer is your friend - audit logs and SCCM should tell you what account was logged into that machine around that time. IMO If it's definitely the Teacher's log-in details, but he wasn't in, the responsibility for that account would STILL lay with the Teacher (Regardless of your scripts alerting you - some good ones there too, might pinch that!). It's still his/her account, and his/her password - nobody else should have access to it, and if they've left it logged in and unlocked recently then they've compromised it so that little Billy can change the password or learn what it is for use at a later time. If the Student confesses, then great. But I'd still pull the Teacher in and remind them that the account is for Teachers and has a lot of confidential data and make it clear that they shouldn't leave it logged in/unlocked, or give people their details. Might be worth firing out an email to all Staff as well, using this as an example.
-
Well, they often overcharge for... oh, wait... It's not my fault they occasionally get run down in the middle of a pursuit, or shot in the middle of a fight, or die easily when I stalk people down in certain areas...! I'm away this weekend, but I'll give the missions a proper try on Tuesday!
-
Managed to get on GTA online last night - it's like all the bad stuff I've done to NPC's since the original GTA has manifested itself and has started to hunt me down!
-
Well, this is an example of small things causing damage! Wonder if the children still use slingshots?
-
I caved over the weekend - finished work at 11am and spent up until 9pm playing it! I now know that the Military Airbase REALLY enforce their no-fly zone, and the police are quick to respond to someone blowing up cars in the city center. Really quick. Oh, and the game has sharks.
-
BBC News: 'Online tests to replace paper exams within a decade'
happymeal replied to sonofsanta's topic in General Chat
I won't lie - it'll be a challenge, more for some schools than others. For special testing events (twice a year type jobs) we've been known to come in at 7:30am and kick off the testing until 8:00pm. I'm not saying that's what's going/should happen with schools - it's just nor workable or fair on the students. One scenario would be to maybe go to a center setup just for this type of testing? Or a set of laptops are delivered to schools for testing - would be a case of just having a laptop on the desk instead of paper - and once done, secured away until the next testing day. Or (for a giggle) OFSTED have a team who will come into schools to setup testing equipment for the exams (Currently happens for RCP events across the UK)? It's definitely a challenge which would require schools to effectively have a desktop/laptop readied for each student in year 11 to take a test. -
BBC News: 'Online tests to replace paper exams within a decade'
happymeal replied to sonofsanta's topic in General Chat
Largest I've seen was 150 candidates for SAS (no, not THEM), where candidates came in, were seated down, and the tests launched from the Admin's PC. Once the candidate finished, they were moved out of the test area, and once the exams started at that time had finished, they brought in the next load. You may need to use a few rooms, but then again, you're doing that anyway for written tests. Look at the Driving Agency tests as an example. 45 mins per test - each session is staggered so that the candidates are seated within 5-10 mins, tests are started and then end, and 5 mins to clear them out. Next session can then begin. The exams are usually encrypted and downloaded to either the Admin desk or the server, and the kit we use downloads at least 3 days worth in advance (In case of a site losing Internet connectivity for a few days). If the local network goes down then yes - it's a problem. The exams are usually saved as they answer each question - it would be a case (and this is a rare occasion, where you've checked everything works, started the test, and it's gone down) of stopping, getting network connectivity back up, and resuming the test. And I'm guessing there's a level of security on the machines (ie turning off RDP services, telnet, and messenging?) to prevent sneaky attempts at proxy testing/passing info. -
BBC News: 'Online tests to replace paper exams within a decade'
happymeal replied to sonofsanta's topic in General Chat
You wouldn't need that - and it's perfectly do-able. I work for a certain exam provider that has several testing centers across the UK, and we run several theory tests as well as IT tests, medical tests, etc. Our test centers run anywhere between 5-30 machines, with CCTV in the exam rooms, and 3 invigilators. The PC's are locked down during the test and it makes it near impossible to exit the test without an invigilator there. The other test centers run in a similar fashion - depending on the test they'll have either CCTV or just invigilators walking the floor. It could easily run off a workgroup or a server scenario - depending on the environment. -
Grrr - now the ad's on here are taunting me by saying I should buy it now! Soon my pet, soon, we shall snuggle down in the dark room together for the entire night and I won't stop until I can't move. I won't be gentle.
-
Wait - it has random roaming PUMA'S?!? Are you able to lure it to large populated areas?!? I SO need this in my life! C'mon payday, hurry!
-
you mean I have to go onto twitter to find out what's making you grumble? *sigh* Can't you just blow something up, or fling poop at someone?
-
Yarr. Pirate Day and X-13 coming to terms with what she/he/it is. Today be a good day, matey! Now to set sail for Ye Biscuit Tin - YAAAAAR!
-
Oh yeah - some of the stuff they did was over the top, or borderline realistic - but it was fun. Like when they took on the car gang that stole the cars - they created a phosphorus charge which melted through the engine using a tin can and flares, created a small charge to blow a door off using det cord, a floor tile, and some glue. Or when they tried to catch the child molester a few seasons back when Michael dressed as a guy in a suit and blew a lot of stuff up. But it was enjoyable - there was effort put into it. The last season felt like it was just tying up the loose ends. Still - Sons of Anarchy is back on TV now, followed by the Walking Dead. This will fill the hole left by Burn Notice and Dexter.
-
If you shave there will be trouble - if you grow, there will be double!
-
Watched it Sunday - was a good ending, but felt it was a bit cobbled together with his Mum (Trying my best not to put spoilers!). The last few seconds were a bit silly if it'd been done in any other show, but it seemed to play off just fine. Sets it up nicely for the spin-off though.
-
Well, if history's anything to go by, they'd already know what your browser history looks like. I'm tempted to put the answers in for the prize, but I wouldn't want my doors and windows going in...
-
Are there any settings in BIOS that would knock them off ie suspend USB ports? Has GPO definitely been configured to suspend any power saving features?
-
Typical. You show a man fire, and now they want to stop you telling anyone else! Thank god they haven't discovered pitchforks.... On another note - can anyone remember the name of the BBC3 documentary about the children's mental health unit on a few months back?
