Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

mrwobbly

Members
  • Posts

    218
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mrwobbly

  1. Folder redirection is setup and worked fine in the 2003\XP domain. I think it's just the same policy migrated over from the old 2003 DC.
  2. A company have been in to an Infants school I support and installed a new server (2012 from 2003). The computer suite was upgraded to Windows 7 from XP at the same time. User’s documents are redirected to the server and are mapped to the H drive the same as before. They joined the new server to the existing domain, did a dcpromo and let AD migrate, transferred roles and demoted the 2003 server and removed it. When a user logs on they see their documents fine on the H drive but clicking on documents on the start menu brings up an empty local documents with an error message at the top of the window. “Some Library features are unavailable due to unsupported library locations”. The other related problem is that saving in a program defaults to the empty local location. Getting a class of infant age children to navigate down to their folder on the H drive is not going to work. Anyone got any suggestions to get this working correctly. All the searches I’ve done and previous experience point to making the H drive available offline but that doesn’t seen like a good idea in a suite.
  3. Dimensions (WxDxH) Sofa: 220mm x 100mm x 80mm Armchair: 110mm x 100mm x 80mm Could you not put them in a Jiffy bag and send them out by first class post:confused:
  4. As above. Most RM laptops are just rebadged Clevo laptops. Try ringing LCD Kings 0845 4597165 with the part number from the back of the screen.
  5. Is is a hoax sadly. Steviejacko
  6. Any recommendations for an Airprint capable laser printer in the £300 to £400 range. It’s to go in a IT suite in a primary school. It will not have heavy use but could at times if the main school Riso is down. Thanks in advance.
  7. Thanks everyone for your very swift and useful input. I’ve got a few leads to go on now.
  8. Maplin is web only on Fibre.
  9. Your Google skills are better than mine.
  10. No joy as it's fibre.
  11. I need 2 1m fibre patch cables for tomorrow (Tuesday). Does any one know of any supplier in Hertfordshire where I could pick these up from a trade counter? Near to Stevenage/Letchworth if poss.
  12. It’s worth going to save as, and saving the PowerPoint as a slide show and trying to run that which would remove the need for first part. N:\currentpresentation.ppsx
  13. I’ve run this locally on my laptop and it works. Give it a try. The S switch needs to be outside the brackets. The underscores should be removed as I’ve put them in to show where spaces should be. “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\POWERPNT.EXE”_/S_"N:\currentpresentation.pptx"
  14. Because of the gap in Program Files I think you need quotation marks around the first part. “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\POWERPNT.EXE /S” "N:\currentpresentation.pptx"
  15. You have installed a BIOS that’s compatible with Windows 8 and has UEFI turned on by default. Go into the BIOS and disable UEFI and secure boot.
  16. I’m new to fibre installations and have been tasked with obtaining the network equipment for a new external classroom. I wonder if someone could check what I am proposing to see if I’ve got it right. The contractor is putting in 4-core OM3 cable terminated in LC connectors. The existing Switch in the school data cab is a HP Procurve 2520 (J9138A). I plan on getting a HP 1910 (JE006A) switch for the new classroom. A HP SX-LC mini GBIC module (J4858C) for each switch. Two 1 metre Multimode patch cables LC-LC. I would really apreachiate some help as I have to get this right first time.
  17. I had this problem today and found this thread via Google. Some one at county came back with an apparent solution from support net. The fix is to go into Control Panel - Sync Centre - Manage Offline Files and disable Offline Files.
  18. Tux Typing was written for schools. Fun and free.
  19. Check that the remote is on the same channel as the projector. It has two channels. Hold down the image and menu buttons for two seconds to swap between the two.
  20. RD, RD Gateway and SSTP. Are they not Server 2008?
  21. Sorry for sounding a bit thick but are saying they can get a remote desktop via VPN on a 2003 server without having a physical machine to connect to.
  22. I think you misunderstood, the CC3 server, SIMS server,a number of WAP's and the Espresso media servers are on a single 100 Mb wired uplink to the core switch.
  23. Some really useful info here so far, which has been banked. RDP is not an option as we are talking about class teacher laptops which are taken home. Google are shutting down CloudConnect on the 30th April. Access to routers and VPN are controlled by the broadband provider and need county approval for changes. This is a primary school with no money and a dire need of a complete network infrastructure, server and client upgrade. It looks like HAP may be the answer. Currently a 2003 server with XP clients and a built in bottle neck where all the school network traffic is down one 100 Mb link including the MIS.
  24. “There are alternatives like using a VPN to your network, and then give staff instructions on how to map a network drive, once connected.” I have VPN setup for the head, deputy and business manager to access their desktops. The teachers work from laptops which are tuned off or at home with them. It’s a singe entry Primary with a CC3 server. Can VPN work to just map a drive in such a situation.
×
×
  • Create New...