Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Mark182

Members
  • Posts

    791
  • Joined

Everything posted by Mark182

  1. We do in each cab. With the power cut the power kept flicking on and off every 30 seconds for just over 2 hours 30 mins so that wasn't good. - - - Updated - - - Yeah, tried everything
  2. Same building buddy. It only seems to have been POE switches that blew.
  3. I have spoken to Cisco and I believe not. I am been passed to a team higher up. I have managed to get refurbs in place and back up working. Thank goodness for backing up the configs! ha. Managed to source most of the kit from a local supplier on Friday, spent Friday night reinstalling the back up configs on them. Then spent most of sat and was in at 5:30 today so all good.
  4. They are pretty much dead. Only managed to bring two back to life!
  5. Yeah, removed all cables. I have it on the desk next to me with only power and console cable plugged in. As soon as I power on fan spins for a few seconds then 'SYST' light is solid green. The open session with putty doesn't display any life.
  6. It's a solid light and when consoled in with cable and putty doesn't display anything, a blank black screen.
  7. They are stuck like this. cannot get in via console cable. fan spins for around 2 seconds then dies down and nothing. Not even pressing mode or power cycling with more pressed in for 15/30 seconds.
  8. Yeah, our core is stacked - - - Updated - - - tried that
  9. Ha, no. - - - Updated - - - Just blank and then fails to connect. I will post a screenshot in a sec.
  10. We had a massive powercut/ serge yesterday. This seemed to take out some UPS's and switches. Out of 72 switches 17 failed to come back online. They are a mixture of Cisco 3560s, 2690s & 3750s. When booting they get stuck at 'SYST' and nothing else. I have disconnected all the connections IE Fiber SFP ect and then power cycled on holding 'MODE' for 30 seconds. This seemed to fix two of them but the rest as soon as they boot up the fan will spin for a second and go straight to 'SYST' light on green. When I plug the console cable in and try a putty connection, still deal. I am right in thinking its game over for them? I've looked on the net back that's all I seem to see as that its hardware issue. Any advice would help massively. I have all the configs backed but no hardware.
  11. It's been really bad here today.
  12. Mark182

    Cram.com

    I can get to it
  13. I've just clicked on this is a user configuration and I need to do it without any users logging in. I can't run the del prof on staff machines!
  14. We need to remove all printers from all users. Our students printers are mapped and staff add them manually at the moment. My current plan is to delete all the printers from the printer server (40 in total) and then remove all the group policies for students. I then plan to use Delprof2 to delete all the student profiles. I think my issue is with staff. I have tried to use this Remove printers.vbs but that only removes the current logged in users printers. I am planning to use the group policy to remove the printers > but I have seen online that doesn't work very well.
  15. Its same here. It's not good enough. I am on the phone to complain to my account manager.
  16. Just had this from BTLS this second :- Hi Mark Lightspeed had identified an issue with 1 of the proxy devices and have fixed and restarted it. Please could you let me know whether this has resolved your issues? Regards
  17. Our internet is unusable at the moment. We support another school and theses is the same.
  18. We've a ticket logged with MS. We've seen users with Windows 7 with colour icons. They say its a known bug at the moment but no ETA
  19. This is the main ticket number 904282 you need to have yours added too. That is the 'master' ticket I believe.
  20. Ours has been really bad for the last week. I've logged a ticket but keep getting fobbed off.
  21. We just have one user who says that last week their Windows 7 device used to have the colour emojis but I am sure it's a Windows 10 thing. Anyone else fancy checking for us?
  22. No, It's then they are typing an e-mail and want to insert an emoji. It seems to be happening to all our windows 7 users. If you log into a device with Windows 10 its in colour.
  23. Using office 365, same account logged in. One is Windows 7 and other Windows 10....
  24. It's over 1000 bets over 10 years. The PFA & FA state you cannot bet on ANY football games, involved or not. He knew what he was doing but yes 18 months is very harsh.
  25. Back to this today :- Lightspeed Rocket Request Blocked Due to a network equipment problem, this request is blocked at this time.
×
×
  • Create New...