-
Posts
71 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by apearson
-
Hi, I too have been driven mad by this today! Apple have changed things since I last signed up a school for VPP. I have created an admin (originally Program Manager I think) for VPP, but when you click the 'Volume purchase program' link in the left hand pane, it takes you to the VPP store but still with a 'sign in' button. When you click this link, it takes you to a sign in page with the words - 'Sign in below with the Program Facilitator Apple ID and password that was given to you by your institution's Program Manager.' but I cannot see any way of creating a program facilitator (I know they have changed names now). If I create another admin, I can put a first name, last name and email address, but no password. So, having created a new admin, how can that person then log in as they don't have a password. No email is sent to the address entered for the new admin! Help! Andy
-
Office 365 - Any areas for pupil restrictions we should be aware of?
apearson replied to apearson's topic in Cloud Services
Thanks for the ideas so far guys. Preventing the creation of groups is certainly something we will look at. -
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I did a quick search but couldn't find anything. We had O365 set up over the summer and our staff have been using it and finding out some of its functionality. We haven't yet released it to our pupils. I have tried logged in as a pupil user to try and find out what they can and can't see/do, but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions about areas we need to look at and possibly block/restrict for pupils etc. We could just let our pupils loose on it and try to firefight afterwards as they discover things that we don't want them to be able to do, but it would be nice if we could configure it as much as possibly in advance. We are an academy trust of 4 schools - one secondary and 3 primaries all sharing the same network and O365 domain. We are not looking to block complete areas (eg. no access to email or onedrive etc) but just seeing if other schools have found things that we might not want pupils to be able to do. It is envisaged that all pupils will have access to email, onedrive, people, calendars, sites etc. Hopefully the above makes sense. Any suggestions gratefully received. Andy
-
We get the keychain message whenever a user changes their password on the windows network. I'm pretty sure that if they enter their old password in to the keychain message, the keychain is updated and the user can continue working.
-
Is this just a one off problem, seen only by the OP or is it a case that the Autumn update will not work if dot net 4.5.2 is installed? Can anyone with both installed confirm that they do work together? I don't want to install the SIMS update next week and find we lose SIMS all together.
-
Silverlight package for CC4
apearson replied to apearson's topic in Network and Classroom Management
As I mentioned in my original post, I'll gladly make a package. I was just asking if anyone here had any advice/issues/things to note before I started. -
Silverlight package for CC4
apearson replied to apearson's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Did they give you a response? -
[sims] CAPITA pull Autumn 2014 Release - Why???!!!
apearson replied to tech_guy's topic in MIS Systems
Not if you can't install it in the first place because it has been withdrawn! I'd have preferred to have been able to install it then patch it, but now I have to wait until Friday. -
Silverlight package for CC4
apearson replied to apearson's topic in Network and Classroom Management
I hadn't thought of that! Thanks. -
Has anyone managed to create a Silverlight package for CC4? The last one produced by RM was so long ago I'm now getting websites that are blocking silverlight content because it is out of date. I don't think RM have released one of their blueprint packages that work for several versions either, unless I have missed it. Any help/advice gratefully received before I attempt to make my own! Andy
-
[sims] CAPITA pull Autumn 2014 Release - Why???!!!
apearson replied to tech_guy's topic in MIS Systems
The promised update on Supportnet by close of business on Thursday 4th never happened either! There is an update there now though. Apparently, release 2 will be out on Friday 12th. Marvellous! -
[sims] CAPITA pull Autumn 2014 Release - Why???!!!
apearson replied to tech_guy's topic in MIS Systems
I drove to one of our schools yesterday afternoon to install this update only to find out at the last minute that it had been withdrawn. I have received no notification of this in advance. according to the helpdesk, they emailed headteachers. What is the point in emailing headteachers? They are not the ones that install these updates and are unlikely to be in a position to pass any emails on quickly enough. I have a login to supportnet. Why not email everybody with a supportnet login? They are more likely to need this information than headteachers. To make matters worse, unless I have got things wrong, (quite likely), it appears that the update was withdrawn because a minority of people preferred a new release over a patch. -
No problem. Glad it's working for you now!
-
Did you copy the IQ folder to the root of the client PCs C drive? This folder is needed for printing and must be accessible to the user.
-
IT office, do you share or have a dedicated room?
apearson replied to benjaminstevens93's topic in How do you do....it?
The server room is my office, which I share with my 1 IT tech. Reasonable space, noisy, but thanks to air conditioning, not hot. Knock and enter policy. -
Sophos here too. Used it for years without problems. Had a bit of a nightmare recently transferring the management console to a new server and keeping all the settings, but that's all.
-
Saw this thread and thought it was the answer to my problems! However, I think it must be referring to version 2 of the software as I can't find an MSI anywhere for version 4. Has anyone managed to package the latest version for CC4?
-
Just started reading this and was hoping someone was going to post that they have a solution! A year on from this post and it's still V11 and it's still slow to load! Hopefully, someone has found a solution now!
-
Last thing I tried just worked, so, fingers crossed....
-
Hi Jonathan, I have already spoken to my local support desk and they have confirmed that it is just a case of keep trying! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I managed to deploy something to a couple of PCs earlier, but when I tried to add another PC later, it failed again.
-
Time to reopen my case with Capita I think. Still getting the module not loaded error.
-
If the school wasn't closing at 4:00pm, I would do!
-
My post above just did that!
-
Supportnet says the problem is fixed. If I have to keep trying, surely then, it isn't
-
Well, according to supportnet, as of 15:20, it is meant to be working again, but I'm still getting the module load error.
