-
Posts
1,832 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by pooley
-
Not so much a resolution as I never stick to them, but in an attempt to lose some more weight this year (managed to lose 2 stone by giving up chocolate for lent last year) I have entered a competition with my sister, we are going to give up chocolate for a year this will also help me during my training to complete the 3 peaks challenge in May.
-
A bit of info to start. We have a split Admin/curriculum network with Sims residing on the Admin Side. Currently we have access to sims on the curriculum side (For Electronic registration/dinners) this is done by having the Sims client on the curric side accessing the SQL instance on the Sims server over port 1433. Only port 1433 is currently open to allow traffic between admin and curriculum. Does anyone know what port(s) FMS uses and if it would be possible to tunnel FMS between the Admin and Curriculum networks as we currently do with the main sims client. Thanks Si
-
Write/edit permissions on their homedrive?
-
Taken from another site
-
But with 79% of it in storage who does it benefit? If its in storage its not being used to bring in tourism etc, its just taking up space in some storage unit somewhere?
-
Short sighted in the long term I agree, but if its a tossup between some building having 30k piece of art that's in storage and me losing my job and not being able to support my family, then bu@@er the future and let me feed my kids now!
-
Password security - fine-grained, name exclusion?
pooley replied to pooley's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
Thanks Joe, that's an option but id love to prevent it to begin with, been nosing at custom password filters etc, but all are 3rd party and reasonably pricey -
Ok title may not make sense but bare with me. I have introduced a new fine-grained password policy for staff, marvellous it works fine. But I have found that some staff are using the schoolname with a number after it, i.e. school1. Is there anyway of blocking them from using "schoolname" in their password, I know with the complex password policy it wont allow their username as a password but can I specify anything else?
-
I have implemented Remote desktop services on a Server 2008R2 box and am about to sort out the licensing for it. I have been quoted WinRmtDsktpSrvcsCAL 2008 SNGL MVL DvcCAL @ £11.46 WinRmtDsktpSrvcsCAL 2008 SNGL MVL UsrCAL @ £11.46 Is this a good price? and which one would be my best option? this is only for about 20 members of staff to access school files & resources from home. Thanks Si
-
Me neither ...
-
I felt the same watching cloverfield, that was a POS too. Ont he reverse I managed to enjoy Deep Impact as I had removed brain before hand and really enjoy disaster movies
-
removing google toolbar across the domain
pooley replied to pooley's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Works fine via startup script, should of tested it 1st. thanks -
I have found a script (below) that I can deploy and it will remove the google&yahoo toolbars from IE. 'This file silently uninstalls the Google, Yahoo! 'Toolbars. This also removes Weather Channel Desktop. 'Option Explicit Set Shell=WScript.CreateObject("Shell.Application") Shell.MinimizeAll On Error Resume Next Dim WshShell,a,i Set i=0 Set WshShell=WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") Set Shell=WScript.CreateObject("Shell.Application") 'This Removes the Google ToolBar a=WshShell.RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F}\UninstallString") If a<>"" Then WshShell.Run(a&" /S"),1,True i=i+1 end if 'This Removes the Yahoo Toolbar a=WshShell.RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Yahoo! Companion\UninstallString") If a<>"" Then WshShell.Run(""""&a&""" /S"),1,True i=i+1 end if Wscript.sleep 15000 'This Ends the Script WshShell=Nothing Wscript.Quit(i) After it runs IE opens and directs me to the Google toolbar removal/questionair page, i.e. why did you remove it etc. Any idea's how to prevent this from opening after the script has run? Thanks Si
-
And don't get me started on Steve bl888y Walsh!!!
-
Only watched the Wales game so can't comment on the others. Forwards were again immense, front 5 dominated and the backrow showed up well around the park. Phillips had one of his best games at 9 in a long time, would of liked to see Richie Rees get on for more than 10 mins at the end though. Wellies (SJ) is starting to show his age, he is solid and mostly dependable but we need a more creative force behind the scrum. Centre partnership was great, hook with the flair and Shanks with the grunt, back 3 were spot on, North's tries were top notch, Shane busy and Byrne doing what he does best. I think we need to look at how we use our subs, unless Matthew rees and Powell had put their hands up and said they were tired there was no need to take them off. Powell was playing with some aggression that we have previously lacked and Rees must be top carrier for Wales. Ryan should of come on for Lydiat if at all. Another step closer, another exciting game. As for Fiji, I wouldn't make more than 2 or 3 changes, this team needs a win and Fiji made France work for their win on Saturday so we can't underestimate them!
-
Same as you really, I though wellies (SJ) and and Mike Phillips had a poor game, backrow played well but JT didn't show up much in the loose, he needs a much better game this week. Nice to have some size on the bench to help the pack, and thank *deity* that Hook is back at centre and enormow-jaw is back at fullback. We were naive last week, we mashed them in the scrum, any unkickable penalty or free kick we should of chosen the scrum option! I expect England to bemore rutheless this weekend against them but I still think Australia will have too much behind... It will be close! Australia by 5 Wales by 3 NZ by 17
-
Have had similar in the past with laptops and the trackpads not working, removed and replaced the battery and all was fixed, put it down to static. Not sure if your issue is the same but worth a go
-
Serial number = Gateway Support - Drivers, Software and Firmware Updates ??
-
Sysman they are great, any way of getting it bilingual and keeping it looking clean? Thanks Si
-
Being a bit cheeky here, we need a banner for our school website/moodle. We have our current logo and our previous logo/motto, would like to use either/both if possible. School name is Tremains Primary School, Website/webspace is provided by LEA and is a Basic Moodle template, white, no theme. Banner dimentions seem to be 1000 x 84? 2 images attached. Thanks for any help. Si
