Following on from http://www.edugeek.net/forums/netbooks-pda-phones/69960-mobile-devices-classroom-what-why.html I am looking at Netbooks (probably the Fizzbook Spin) or maybe an android tablet? These would be used mainly for research at the desk for Primary children.
I can see the benefit of the netbook, with Office etc installed could be used for more than just research but the HT is eager to try something new.
What are your thoughts and experiences?
Si
The HT has asked me to look into mobile devices, ipads, dslites etc.
So my question is who has what, how/what's it used for and has it turned into a big White elephant?
Cheers
Si
Dydd Santes Dwynwen, literally meaning 'Day of Saint Dwynwen' in Welsh, is considered to be the Welsh equivalent to Valentine's Day and is celebrated on 25 January every year. It celebrates Dwynwen, the Welsh Saint of love. 25 January is the feast day of Saint Dwynwen
So happy Saint Dwynwen's day.
and
Happy birthday to me
Came to work with the intention of updating my CV this morning only to find or not find in this case my CV. Looked in the usual places but no joy.
I will have a better search at home later but in the mean time I may use this as an opportunity to revamp my CV completely.
Anyone recommend a good template or format to follow?
Si
I find stalkerbook only bearable using firefox or chrome and the greasmonkey script FFixer, I set it to hid all App, Like, Friend, Video stories etc, so I only see the inane postings of friends and relatives...... why am I using facebook again??
Misco is my usual supplier but they coming in a bit steep. I had forgotten all about ict-direct, silly really as I just took delivery of 15 workstations, will give them a ring tomorrow
These only need to sit on teachers desk so they can do admin type work and check emails etc. Will only need to run office and internet.
Must be 15" screen, anything else goes. Looked at Extra Value Laptop - Laptops | Ebuyer.com but can't get anywhere with ebuyer, they don't seem to want us as an account.
What's about guys?
Si
Anychance of a blog or just a collection of ramblings from the lucky ones who made Bett this year?
What looks good, not so good, who impressed and didn't?
Si
I'm putting together a small website for a friend, advertising their holiday house in France for rental.
Can someone have a go at a logo for me please? It's on a google sites page so I think logo is 480px x 60px ?
The website name will be "The Fishing Hook" Not sure if someone could put a fishing hook as the "g" in fishing? Or one with and one without so I can show my fussy friend.
The temp website is @ https://sites.google.com/site/poolesr - Blue is what she wants.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Si
A friend of mine has asked me to design a website to help promote her holiday cottage in France, anyone know of some pre built templates? Or done anything similar with wordpress etc?
Thanks
Si