Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

5nowman

Members
  • Posts

    209
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 5nowman

  1. I agree with this and this is the reason why I have decided to setup a separate VLAN for wireless devices. Here are my thoughts: VLAN 5 . Printers workstations servers 172.26.48.1 to 172.26.55.254 Subnet 255.255.248.0 Hosts 2046 Gateway set to 172.26.48.1 VLAN 6 Wifi Devices 172.24.48.1 to 172.24.55.254 Subnet 255.255.248.0 Hosts 2046 Gateway set to 172.24.48.1 Cross VLAN traffic setup if certain wireless devices need access to data on the server. What do people think? any advice would be appreciated. Kind regards 5nowman
  2. We didn't want to use the 10 range as along of people remote in from home. we were thinking of ip conflicts etc in the long term. vlan 4 .. there isn't really a standard I believe. 10 would be voice if my client decided to go down that route
  3. Hi, Sorry this is my first post on here. Site has been amazing for .. everything. We are about to setup a network and I just really want a confirmation this IP setup would work. VLAN 4 across the board. 172.26.48.1 to 172.26.55.254 Subnet 255.255.248.0 Hosts 2046 Gateway set to 172.26.48.1 According to my logic that setup would work. Client only has about 250 machines. Does anyone see any problems / recommend anything? Please let me know. Cheers 5nowman
×
×
  • Create New...