-
Posts
678 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by RobD
-
I'm not sure about educational licencing but with business E3 you can raise as many support calls to MS as you like around 365. Before you engage with a 3rd party give it a whirl.
-
Outlook 2016, Hybrid Exchange 2013 password prompt
RobD replied to _techie_'s topic in Office Software
Try and remove the otherone and try and force Office 2016 to only use basic Auth as a test: HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity\ EnableADAL dword value Set as 1 -
Why dont you back it up to a .bak file then shrink and see if it breaks anything and then update. At least you'll have a point in time backup?
-
Outlook 2016, Hybrid Exchange 2013 password prompt
RobD replied to _techie_'s topic in Office Software
Hello, Have the users been migrated to O365 or still on prem with the modern apps? Also are users static or roaming? I've had something similar and it seemed to be with the auth method, you can try this reg setting: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity DisableADALatopWAMOverride Dword: 1 Also make sure the credential manager is clear before starting Outlook and might be worth checking this out: https://practical365.com/exchange-server/configure-hybrid-modern-authentication-for-exchange-server/ -
Hello, I'm no expert on SQL but I believe its to do with table fragmentation. The tables become fragmentented which you can fix with a index rebuild but that re-inflates the space which basically puts you back to where you were. I'd suggest, performing a full backup with something so the logs truncate properly then just giving it more space if you can.
-
4 for me, has anyone read the article on the bbc good food website about how bacon can be bad for you if not eaten in moderation? Made me pretty upset, I love bacon. Clicky
-
I lived in Cardiff for years, really miss the place. You could go to a board game night in north Cardiff: https://rulesofplay.co.uk/pages/board-game-bar (not entiely sure if its tonight). I know you say you dont fancy the cinema but what about a alternative cinema: https://www.chapter.org/whats-on/?todaydate=07/30/2019 It can be a little arty but I've met film directors etc and actually its good place to have something to eat and a beer. Otherwise get the water taxi from the bay into town and have a wander through Bute Park or even drive upto Bute park and if its not too late have row of a boat? Oh or have a meal in a prison: https://theclinkcharity.org/restaurants/cardiff
-
Great, glad its sorted.
-
Create a CSV with the id and routing address in and call it something.csv Identity,RemoteRoutingAddress Identity1,RemoteRoutingAddress Identity2,RemoteRoutingAddress Identity3,RemoteRoutingAddress Then run this: Import-CSV something.csv | ForEach {Enable-RemoteMailbox -Identity $_.Identity -RemoteRoutingAddress $_.RemoteRoutingAddress}
-
PING replies - how many dropped packets isn't good?
RobD replied to gerardsweeney's topic in Wired Networks
If you see packet loss that does not get recovered in later hops, it would suggest a potential problem. Is the data centre local or somewhere else? The problem with ping is FW's often dont prioritise it so can and will drop ping if needed i.e. hight bandwidth and QoS kicks in. This doesnt really help fix the issue but if you want to use a different tool to measure, then WinMTR is really nice for bing: https://github.com/White-Tiger/WinMTR/releases Also consider using iperf to test tcp and bandwidth, might get more reliable results. https://bohemiangrove.co.uk/iperf/ -
No: https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/152267-onedrive-folder-redirection
-
Could you setup a GPO to move the users documents to one drive and tick the box to move the objects?
-
Hello, I'm trying to sell two Draytek firewalls. A Draytek Vigor 2920n and a Draytek Vigor 2820n. The 2920n is missing its middle areal so I've included another larger one, they both work as intended and I can include screen shots of both. I'm selling them on ebay but can stop that and here if anyone wants them? I was hoping for £60 for both?
-
Best way to grant access to fileserver remotely?
RobD replied to Sonic007's topic in How do you do....it?
I'd say Microsofts always on VPN and work folders. -
Hello, We have a need to setup a PAC file and apply it to IE (windows proxy), I've written it and I'm happy it works but how to I apply it via GPO? Are you guys just pushing it out via a script or are you using the legacy IE settings in prefences? Thanks Rob
-
Old IT Company has edited the Default Domain Policy
RobD replied to abillybob's topic in Windows Server 2012
I saw them listed here, cant guarentee they're acurate though: http://www.sysadminlab.net/windows/restore-default-domain-policy-and-default-domain-controller-gpo-settings-to-default -
Old IT Company has edited the Default Domain Policy
RobD replied to abillybob's topic in Windows Server 2012
You could: Backup all the GPOs to a file store, Note the GUID of the default domain policy and remove it from the file store, Run dcgpofix Restore the GPOs. -
Still here, on call over xmas too as Dubai are in work and the US guys have decided boxing day is a great day to test power so I have to remotely turn stuff off.
-
Well I've just confirmed I have pretty comprehesive cover from Nationwide, so have binned off RAC. Thanks all
-
I wanted to goose for a change but was over ruled. We normally have a sausage sandwich for breakfast with bucks fizz, then full turkey lunch. I have a question: Yorkshire pudding with Christmas dinner? yes or no?
-
Are your users, laptop users? If so then look at both. Always on VPN for vpn access from home then work folders to sync documents to a server share.
-
Thanks for all the responses, I'll have a look at them all (including nationwide cover who I do bank with).
-
Hello, My breakdown cover is up for renewal, its £134 and with the RAC. For that I get: Roadside At Home Recovery Onward Travel Could anyone recommend anyone else?? I drive a 10 year old golf and drive 80 miles a day so keen to get something. Thanks Rob
-
I have technical blog, helps me remember how I've fixed problems and generates me a tiny bit of ad revenue. Here it is: Tech Blog | So much Tech and so little time
