Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

HarryMonkey

Members
  • Posts

    3,858
  • Joined

Everything posted by HarryMonkey

  1. After damaging my Achilles last year I've finally got back on the treadmill, done a few 5k runs but now plan to get back on the "Bridge to 10k" program. I was planning on doing the 10k race in the MK festival of running in March but that now clashes with a weekend away in Cornwall so I need to find another event to aim for.
  2. Stick with the C25K, it's a great program that really works.
  3. Make sure your sat-nav doesn't have the speed camera add-on ... that's illegal in France if I remember correctly.
  4. Aaahhh, just a quiet one this year then
  5. I must admit I'm looking forward to a walk on the beach at the weekend
  6. Just wondered what everyone's up to over the festive period. I'm finishing on Friday lunchtime and then driving to Newquay on Saturday to visit my new partner's daughter and family (600 mile round trip!). Back on the 23rd ready to spend our first Christmas together. It's the first time for a long time that I've taken much time off over the holiday but this year is going to be different. really looking forward to Christmas this year.
  7. Congratulations. I plan to do likewise next year.
  8. The last couple of times that I've bought from Currys they've been happy to price match other local retailers (Richer Sounds etc.).
  9. Stick it up on one of your local Facebook selling pages, someone will have it at the right price.
  10. You're absolutely right ... I don't want to buy one.
  11. We use Sysaid here, it works for us, staff simply send an email to IT_Helpdesk @ ... and it raises the ticket, they get email notification when the ticket gets closed. I know that some people have become a bit sensitive as it has in the past, been a product from Israel, and maybe it still is I don't know. All I know is it's what we use here and it works for us. There's an App for it as well.
  12. Nice tribute from Google. #putoutyourbats
  13. Just had a reply from the Amazon seller who are going to refund my money
  14. I'm in touch with the seller, just waiting for his reply.
  15. I ordered a backpack from Amazon some time ago, I've just queried where it is and despite them saying it would be sent by Royal Mail, it was sent by Yodel who say they left it in the porch. That's all well and good except I don't have a porch. There is however, an entrance hall for 12 flats!! I'm waiting for the seller to get back to me, I don't expect a happy outcome.
  16. Maybe some small portable escalators as well in case someone wishes to carry their dog(s) where there are no escalators.
  17. Good secondary school in MK looking for a full time 52 weeks, AV Tech with many other duties. This post closes on Thursday (20th Nov). Sorry for the short notice. Opportunities | Shenley Brook End School
  18. Sifteo from RM
  19. Maybe not but it can certainly buy you a much higher grade of misery
  20. Retire, buy a nice house in the country, a villa abroad, marry my girlfriend, enjoy the rest of our lives together without a single worry about money. Simples.
  21. The box does work ... you can still view the free channels. What doesn't work is the bit that you're no longer paying for, namely Sky+, and something that's made quite clear in the T+Cs that the ability to record is dependent upon a current Sky subscription.
  22. Nice one. I shall just be glad when my Achilles gets itself sorted out. I really miss running
  23. I've never paid for a box, it's always been free with the install. Why is it naughty to make you pay for a feature? I think it's perfectly acceptable for them to sell you something (namely the ability to record programs from their satellite feed) and then withdraw the feature once you stop paying for it.
  24. It does. In order to record anything on your sky+ box, you need a current subscription. Even the free stuff.
  25. Hmmmm, looks like we need a new firewall.
×
×
  • Create New...