skell
Members-
Posts
585 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by skell
-
Anyone know if we can actually delete comic sans?
-
No way! Still exactly the same!
-
Students don't have an email address here so thats not there. Everything else looks ok. I've already purged the empty dupes, but will remove everyone from moodle, delete the block and redo it all. Hope this works!
-
Nope, no errors. I've even gone thorough the AD and disabled accounts with no ID so that I have no errors at all. It looks like it is being pulled through, but it just isn't showing on the main SQL table. Rather I have to go a bit deeper into phpmyadmin and look at the structure of the field. All the ID's are listed in there. EDIT: Hmmm... just looking at the SQL, users seem to be listed twice. One lot with ID numbers, one lot without. Any idea how to purge the table to remove rows with no ID? EDIT: $ftm_cfg->forceauthtype='ldap';
-
Alphabetically, this is the first student with the 9 digit code, rather than a 4 digit code. No wait, they aren't, they are the second.
-
Repeatedly.
-
Hmm... well the hyphens were certainly the problem, but it's still not copying over the ID numbers into the local SQL database... but at least its displaying a different student now!
-
"I'm entitled to be grumpy"
-
Nope, I was using the version you emailed me a few weeks ago. Just made sure but still no dice. Looks like I'll have to get the hyphens taken out. Shouldn't be too much of a problem (not my job either!) as there are only 30 or so students with this type of ID.
-
*&%$ I knew it would be something to do with those hyphens. I'll check with the person who looks after Facility and let you know how I get on Thank you very much! EDIT: Nah, that line doesn't change anything. Is it strange that the transferring of students doesn't fail?
-
The idnumber field in the mdl_user table is blank? That can't be right, surely? EDIT: Its picking up the staff ID's and even the parent ID's and putting them in, but not students. I've definitely got the number in the description field in the AD, so I'm not sure why the block isn't importing it?
-
Hi Marc Haven't had much luck contacting Alan. Disappointing.
-
Thats a shame. Apart from this issue, its great. I don't understand why it is displaying this particular students details, there isn't anything special about them. Thanks for your help!
-
Sessions appear to be enabled in the php.ini and the folder in moodledata\sessions appears to be filling with session keys. Am I missing something?
-
Pardon my ignorance, but I am not familiar with either moodle or Facility. To what are you are refering to?
-
I don't know really. Both blocks are installed fine, but the MIS Block, when you click on View Any Student, and then actually click on any student, the first screen displays one students details for everyone. For example, click on student A, B, C, D etc, it will always display data from student X. So yeah, I don't think its a simple issue! Any idea of when this might be resolved? It's an awesome block, would be a shame if it was not maintained.
-
Does anyone have experiance of the Facility to Moodle plugin and the MIS Block plugin which adds information regarding student grades / attendance et al? I'm having a problem with it and the author doesn't seem to respond to emails Thanks!
-
I've had this a couple of times, turns out the security settings were a bit messed up. Take control of the entire folder and make sure the security settings propagate down through the sub folders and files. Failing that, try Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download which is pretty good at recovering files.
-
How much training have you recieved in your current job on using Office?
skell replied to GREED's topic in Office Software
Seems so! -
How much training have you recieved in your current job on using Office?
skell replied to GREED's topic in Office Software
I have an ECDL! It was free to staff at my old job. And err... that's it! I think someone's already said it, but we're expected to learn by osmosis. -
I would have said Word?
-
@little-miss +1
-
Have you tried assigning them each a static IP address?
-
I've been up and down this thread numerous times, but can't work out a way to embed the BBC News 24 video feed and get it to play full screen without the controls showing automatically. Is there any way to do this? Thanks!
-
Yeah sure, I can deploy the MSI through the Active Directory. However I seem to have found an easier way to do it. adding the /S switch to the of the exe package installs iTALC silently, and then importing the correct REG files should point it at the correct key locations. The batchfile ends up looking something like \\UNC-PATH\italcsetup.exe /S REGEDIT /S \\UNC-PATH\ITALCREG.reg
