Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

mtdmitchell

Members
  • Posts

    290
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mtdmitchell

  1. did you recieve this in the pre upgrade report ? is it safe to ignore Information Only : Customized field types that will not be upgraded. A field type using custom Collaborative Application Markup Language (CAML) in itsRenderPattern element will not be upgraded as an XSLT-based field type. Fields based on this custom field type will be rendered without any custom formatting in Windows SharePoint Services 4.0. The following field types will not be upgraded: HoldsField(Hold Status) HoldStatusField(Hold Status) HTML(Publishing HTML) Image(Publishing Image) Link(Publishing Hyperlink) SummaryLinks(SummaryLinks) LayoutVariationsField(Variations) ContentTypeIdFieldType(Content Type ID) BusinessData(Business data) TargetTo(Audience Targeting)
  2. you need an upto date version of ghost 2.5.1 last i heard
  3. Hi im just comtemplating upgrading or 2007 SP to 2010. Has any one run the upgrade? Any tips? im looking gat a simple in place upgrade - all our services are on one server i have run the upgrade checker this has reported a few issues which i need to reslove
  4. Yes one step at a time, all this is eating into my World cup boozing funds
  5. thanks i will look into that
  6. She uses a Sony A500 at the moment - only a mid range camera but shes comfatable with it.
  7. see below: havent updated the galleries for a while - its on my list! Wedding photographer,Studio Photographer,Boudoir Photographer,Birmingham
  8. Well the wife is doing very well with the Photogrpahy busniess so its a worthy investment.
  9. £1,046.89 - but still need a case and a few bits and bobs i reckon £1200 will be the final cost - double my budget. thankfully ive already pruchased a 24" Monitor
  10. Thanks Danrhodes, i think i have a decent spec rig now
  11. Corsair VX 550W ATX Power Supply (CMPSU-550VXUK) [CMPSU-550VXUK] Power Supplies Corsair
  12. what about one of these Club 3D GeForce GT 240 512MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card [CGNX-G242WI] Graphics and Video XFX ATI Radeon HD 5570 1024MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card [] Graphics and Video
  13. damn that's gonna be expensive- too expensive to be honest
  14. Thanks for all the replies, ive now decieded on the following system: Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz (Lynnfield) (Socket LGA1156) - Retail Corsair XMS3 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (CMX8GX3M4A1600C9) Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 Intel P55 (Socket 1156) DDR3 microATX Motherboard Intel X25-M Mainstream 80GB 2.5" SATA-II Solid State Hard Drive (SSDSA2MH080G2C1) 2 x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache - OEM (WD1002FAEX) Asus GeForce GT 220 1024MB DDR2 PCI-Express Graphics Card im going use the SSD on its own for the OS - but will add a another SSD and use raid 1 later on the two SATA drives will also be raid 1 - to be used for strorage of RAWS's and JPEGS all i need now is an affordable case and decent PSU
  15. How about these for drives? i would have to change the board though, is the SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache a worthy purchase Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache - OEM (WD6402AAEX) [] Internal Hard Drives SATA-II 450GB - 800GB i was thinking 4 of these running raid 5 also two drives running raid 1 for the OS
  16. okay now with some good advise i have revised my budget and so far have the following Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz (Lynnfield) (Socket LGA1156) - Retail + Napoleon Total War Corsair XMS3 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (CMX4GX3M2A1600C9) Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 Intel P55 (Socket 1156) DDR3 microATX Motherboard
  17. dare i ask how much your rig cost?
  18. how fast do the images rendor?
  19. Light room is the main software used, photoshop is only used for stuff Lightroom cannot do
  20. "picks himself up of the floor" and shouts how much for 12 GB ram!! is it over kill though? my wife has been using a laptop core 2 duo and 4 GB ram for the last year or so with no problems
  21. your probably right i need at least 6GB and probably raid now, cant see me sticking with this £600 budget.
  22. I’m going to build the wife a nice pc for around £500-£600, not having built one or kept up to date with the latest components for a few years .I’ve spent a few days with my best friend Google trying to find out the sort of spec I should go for, here's what I’m thinking: AMD Athlon II X4 Quad Core 630 2.80GHz (Socket AM3) Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3 (Socket AM3) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache - OEM (HD103SJ) x 3 Asus GeForce GT 220 1024MB DDR2 PCI-Express Graphics Card Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (CMX4GX3M2A1600C9) LG GH22NS50 22x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black) - OEM Win 7 64bit That alone comes to about £520 (not including the Win 7 cost) and I still need to buy a PSU, Case and few cables etc. I’m not sure if I should go for raid or just simply use another drive for backups. The PC will be used for Lightroom and Photoshop only- she recently imported 1500 photos from an all day wedding so the pc needs to be quick to copy this volume of raws and render them. Do I even need a quad core? Does lightroom\Photoshop harness the technology? I would be interested to hear from any photographers and the spec of your rigs.
  23. They can only Reccomened how you set your system up, we didnt want to distruped the use of email which has become a very important daily comms channel.
  24. I’m Just about to start uploading our users via CSV’s. We deleted all the ones set up by LInk2ict, we decided that we are going to stick with the format we have had for the last 10 years. What I can’t believe is that when importing users I can only import 3 columns of info. How the hell am I going to delete all the year elevens each year? I can’t see any way of separating them. Surely I don’t have to go though 1100 users and add a description so I can filter them. Also correct me if I’m wrong but I cannot see a way of bulk changing all the staff users’ quota
×
×
  • Create New...