Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Liam

Members
  • Posts

    922
  • Joined

Everything posted by Liam

  1. Run the patch. If you ignore the KB numbers and follow the link to the MS catalogue site you need to find your OS and download and install Note that you need to reboot too.
  2. I it hasn’t hit my internal clients just remote users that I have no control over. I’m just patching servers now and it’s sorted it
  3. This explains it well enough https://blog.workinghardinit.work/
  4. this is what i did to get my clients up and running but the link above had the standalone patches to install as remote users still had the issue
  5. https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-us/security-guidance/advisory/CVE-2018-0886
  6. It does work but doesn’t help with all your remote users
  7. I believe there is. It doesn’t help with those that connect using their own computers otherswise
  8. That’s only client side though as a temporary measure All servers need to be patched too. I’m going through one by one now. I have made the change in gpo for Internal clients
  9. Any that have patched with this months update. Al servers need to be patched to avoid the error. You can get the standalone update online
  10. Run into an error with Remote Desktop today! Anyone else having difficulty with credssp following a recent update? https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/29098796/CredSSP-encryption-oracle-remediation.html Worth a read if you have !
  11. Ah- make sense to separate that traffic and maybe introduce some qos etc. Could be other reasons for the slow downs though. Although vlans will help they may not completely fix your slowdowns . There are some really good videos on YouTube that explain it really well. They need to be properly planned out and you will need supporting hardware etc for routing (assuming you will). Documentation is key here. Don’t rush it and think about how and why you are doing it . Happy to show you what I have done of course
  12. We just use impero logs generally. If we can see the computer was used ‘properly’ the lesson earlier then we can usually pin point the culprit. That said- we often just get ‘it wasn’t me it must have been my mate’ and it’s difficult to prove otherwise. I know we ask them to sign aups etc but unless the teachers take responsibility I have accepted I’m fighting a losing battle.. I’ll go into work tomorrow to another ten laptops with broken keys no doubt!
  13. Are they not charging for a software upgrade? Maybe their MAT version? Or is that free? I’m not sure. I know there are also compatibility issues with hardware too if considering a shared system- just something to be mindful of
  14. Think of the reasons for creating them in the first place. Often people do it without the real need. When you say too much traffic. Is this causing a slow down?
  15. Is this faster? I have had to copy folders locally for best performance and quickest login
  16. For anyone impatient like me https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
  17. The image shows it’s in user. The reason he’s checking computer ou is if there is loopback configured
  18. When you apply security filtering check that authenticated users appears in the delegation tab too. Had that before
  19. Check the delegation tab. Have you got any settings in there to deny it? Try creating a new policy as a test
  20. Check there are no other policies that are taking priority too. Is there any loopback configured on the computer ? Group policy result it to see what’s going on
  21. Is the user in the test ou you have configured? Everything looks right in gp. Are you permissions set correctly in your share?
  22. I do this on user login I'm sure - same version too
  23. Its not that bad and as jack said if you get a decent reseller you are fine. I have also used XMA for my licenses but recently had a chat with a guy from Capita who really knew his stuff.
  24. Agreed I just created an alias
  25. I have recently done this. Easy enough. I did it with my internally domain (sub domain) too. The hardest but was the upns for office 365.
×
×
  • Create New...