-
Posts
2,543 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICT_GUY
-
LMFAO. Nice, I doubt if many youngsters would appreciated that once that kit was cutting edge, and that mere mortals could only dream of one day owning something like that. I have to ask, how much did it set you back?
-
I like fringe a lot too, its just funny & cheesy enough to be be fun and compelling.
-
Basically I would rather fix a broken application than a broken network. So far very few updates have ever broken any of my applications. WSUS is an essential part of my network security plan. If everything is up to date, then thats one less entry point for malware.
-
Across the board now the Cameras and lens deals have gone up by stupid amounts. The 1000D (which lets face it, is not that good) is now £400, before Christmas you could pick one up for less than £300 plus £40 cash back from canon. I can see a lot of camera shops going bust, simply because people will not pay those types of price increases.
-
I went into Jessops today, the kit lens that came with the package is now retailing at £460!
-
Teach them young. Get him breaking passwords with social engineering next. People never suspect the 2yr old.
-
I know, a friend bought one a while back, they sold their 450d on ebay and have been very much into telling me why the 50D is so much better than the 450. It got to me after a while. The spider pic was taken with my £80 50mm canon lens with a f1.8 aperture. Extreme depth of field effects & great colours. The spider is the new Chile Rose, I will get a pic of my King Baboon later. Not to forget this pic is resized down to 1200 pix wide, from 3500 which in turn was cropped from the full 15MP image!
-
I feel a little sick, I just blew a months wages on a canon 50D. The pics it takes are amazing but it is a lot of money. I should explain that I just sold my 450D and that I noticed that the jessops were adding £200+ to the cost of the 50D, though the shops had not been informed. I got the 50D at the old price (£1050) plus an £80 canon bag for £10. I am happy but as broke as I have ever been in my life. http://www.wykeregisjun.co.uk/50d-spider.JPG
-
raid your old pc's ones of a certain age have hundreds of the buggers all over their motherboards.
-
Dont for get that next month its Steak and BJ day. If only Hallmark would jump onto the band wagon.
-
Mine have been a little sweaty lately, I guess dryer balls would be more comfortable.
-
IJT - Ink Jets & Toners - makingitgreen.co.uk ARGHHH
ICT_GUY replied to intrigue's topic in Bad Experiences
Not had a problem, and we always get freebies. 20 USB sticks last order. -
Meh, looks through pockets and comes up with £2.45, a piece of string and a belly button spider.
-
Phone an ambulance chaser, let them deal with it. collect pay cheque at the end.
-
King Baboon, there are vids online of it eating various animals. Its quite an aggressive spider though and has VERY large fangs. Description: The King Baboon Spider is a large tarantula that is covered over its entire body with a velvety burnt orange coloration. It has enlarged back legs as do most of its baboon spider relatives. It also has large black shiny fangs and is not afraid to use them!. They average about 5.5 - 6" (14 - 15 cm), though a mature female may exceed 7.8" (20 cm). Mature males are smaller than females. Males are very hairy and slender and have no tibial hooks to aid in breeding. Care and Feeding: There is a tendency by keepers to feed their large, aggressive species lots of live mice. We suggest feeding the King Baboon Spider a diverse diet consisting of adult crickets, grasshoppers, Tenebrio larvae, and only occasional feedings (once or twice a month) of mice. This variety more closely mirrors the diet of this tarantula in nature and will keep them healthy. Environment: In nature the King Baboon Spider is found in deep burrows associated with rock piles or the bases of trees. In captivity they should be kept in a 15 to 20-gallon terrarium with a secure lid. This enclosure should have a deep substrate of at least 10” of compacted sand and peat moss or potting soil. They should be allowed to dig and maintain a burrow which will help meet their need for a warm, humid retreat. Temperature and Humidity requirements: Warmth in the 78° to 82° F range and a humidity of 75 to 85% is best for this burrowing species. Social Behavior/Activities: The King Baboon Spiders are very aggressive and best housed singly. With the slightest disturbance they can become defensive. They make a hissing noise by rubbing the hairs on their front legs together, and they will rear up on their hind legs with fangs bared, and bite. Handling: This species is very aggressive / defensive and should not be handled under any circumstances. The bite can be medically significant for some people. We suggest using a paint brush or other tool to corral the King Baboon Spider when moving it from enclosure to enclosure for cleaning, maintenance, or for breeding attempts.
-
It was born in captivity, and besides, it does not want much out of life apart to be warm and fed. brain the size of pin head and all that. It does not have a name yet, but I am pretty sure its a girl (but is aggressive enough to be a boy). It could live for up to 14 years.
-
I have just been looking at some at lunch time, they look like fun. So that would be 5 kids, 3 cats, 3 dogs, 6 chickens, 3 spiders and plus the bearded dragons. I think I should move into a trailer park.
-
http://www.wykeregisjun.co.uk/Newspider.jpg A Chile Rose, large, fun to watch, aggressive eater and active. I also bought a spiderling for £4 to watch it grow. Next I think I will buy a King baboon spider, they are seriously bad tempered and can eat live mice.
-
I have a ML350G5, running 200864bit, a few minor problems but on the whole it runs very well. I do need more ram though, but its coping well with 100 pcs on 2 gigs of ram. Like I said it needs more ram. I do however have a second server as a back up domain controller which also does helps with dns and folder redirection.
-
Theres a really good remix on break.com with him and an American presenter who also had a famous blow up. The rant was OTT buy justified, if you are working in an environment such a TV / Film / or Music where you have to get it right, either first time or in as few takes as possible, the last thing you want is to be distracted by some XXXX messing about in the background, making noise and acting like a jerk.
-
I have it on mine so only the programs I want the kids to have access to are shown.
-
FastStone Image Viewer, Screen Capture, Photo Resizer ... Great image software, free including an image resizer. Also picasa can bulk export to different sizes and quality.
-
I had a similar prob last week, turned out the HD had come a little loose so the connection to the mobo was not at 100% it would still boot sort of, then have the same probs you described. even when I tried to install linux. I took the HD out, cleaned the connectors, reseated it and it worked first time. Also check your memory.
-
But I have been touched by his noodley appendage.
- 224 replies
-
- anti religion
- atheism
- (and 10 more)
