-
Posts
2,543 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICT_GUY
-
IIS is used here along with a single page (garish and child friendly picture with an image map) works really well for kids.
-
Health and Safety Implications of using a Laptop with a Broken Screen
ICT_GUY replied to tech_guy's topic in General Chat
Is there another reason for them to not hand it over? Like a large p0rn collection? BTW LCD back light fix came up while searching for H&S. I did not find anything that said broken LCDs were dangerous, though I would just say that its policy to fix broken hardware where it was feasible to do so on the gounds that he might sue the department when his eyes start to play up. -
Is that right over ear? (as opposed to left over ear where there's no signal?)
-
Now thats a very costly way of doing things.
-
It works very well in fact. I have an open coal fire in my house and the house is a positive fire death trap compared to a wooded shed. A pot stove is designed to be used in such a way as not to burn down the surroundings.
-
Mine would have left me there and locked up.
-
Heating system? Get a small wood burning pot stove.
-
Only 19998 clubcard points too!
-
Now that's a phone I WOULD buy.
-
Apple has released official advice for iPhone 4 owners to overcome the problem of the device losing signal when held by the lower left corner. Steve Jobs responded to a query about the problem from one owner by saying: "Just avoid holding it in that way." Typical response from the narcissistic chocolate starfish.
-
Yes I do, and Witch.
-
Undocumented design feature you mean.
-
Who's (with me!) in the queue at O2 24Jun
ICT_GUY replied to SimpleSi's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Diary of a non iphone salseman No stock (again) for a product launch. -
[pics] Ever wondered where all those "scrappage" cars went?
ICT_GUY replied to Martin's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
So much waste. -
I have to laugh when fan boys rush out to buy the first run of anything as they are bound to be faulty. Ipod nano Screen? Xbox 360?
-
Iphone 4's don't like to be touched.
-
Who's (with me!) in the queue at O2 24Jun
ICT_GUY replied to SimpleSi's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Iphone 4's don't like to be touched. -
Who's (with me!) in the queue at O2 24Jun
ICT_GUY replied to SimpleSi's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Personally I would not buy an Iphone for a kid. Possessions do not a happy kid make. I would rather spend the money doing something fun with my kids, the cost Iphone would pay for so many nice activities and memories. I don't mind what my kids have as long as they earn it though, at least then they appreciate it. My eldest hordes his money like no one else, it makes it much easier on us though. If he wants something he can go and buy it, though he quickly realises that he does not need xy or z that badly. One of my relatives on the other hand gets every gadget and possession she asks for. She has a PC, TV, games console, Ipods and any toy you care to mention. Big Surprise then that she has turned out to be a totally unpleasant and spoilt brat. I also remember having a conversation with a young convict a few years back that blamed his offending on stealing so that he could buy the best things for his kid. I explained to him that his boy would rather have his father to talk to and play with and would give up anything he owned to spend time with him. Surprisingly this was something he had never considered and it hit a nerve with his relationship with his father. Surprisingly he never did come back to prison again. It appears that the only reliable way to buy affection is from certain laddies that enjoy the outdoors and don't feel the cold. -
D'oh, it's only a game! Kids being allowed out early...!
ICT_GUY replied to tech_guy's topic in General Chat
I have just finished installing the new 42inch LCD in the new computer suite, Iplayer works just dandy. I might go and watch DrWho at 3pm just to annoy the teachers who are busy in a staff meeting. -
D'oh, it's only a game! Kids being allowed out early...!
ICT_GUY replied to tech_guy's topic in General Chat
First song on the radio this morning was footballs coming home. FYI it's not coming home, its been 44 years since we last won. To add insult to injury the song is pants and makes me want to cut my ears off with a rusty spoon. -
England Slovenia match. Where can I watch it online?
ICT_GUY replied to JJonas's topic in General Chat
No on both accounts. -
http://brainlessworld.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/i_see_dumb_people.jpg ..........
-
Like, Want.
-
England Slovenia match. Where can I watch it online?
ICT_GUY replied to JJonas's topic in General Chat
Make sure you have a TV licence at work if you want to watch it live. We do not, so we are not allowed. -
Develop a very healthy sarcastic personality. I often switch equipment on for staff with a bow, a flourish and a quick exit.
