-
Posts
2,586 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alan-d
-
Yep great site and fantastic resource for the geeks and noobs alike. Have a great summer guys & gals - 6 weeks of installations, repairs, reformats, clean ups and dodging the inevitable building work. But it's fun cos there are no kids or teachers to interfere Woohoo!!!
-
Right I now have a full list of kit I need to be rid of. Anyone interested in anything on the attached spreadsheet should PM or email me. First come first served (using date and time of PM or email) All you need to do is collect it - I can't deliver from Sutton Coldfield Go on - don't resist - you know you want to!
-
Just amended the version I put on - It's now the correct version - sorry !!
-
A copy of ours Just passed Audit last month and OFSTED last year. The poster is in every room.
-
Aaahhh - the mystery of the moving goal-posts I think that happens in every school - might even be in the JD if I look closely enough with a microscope
-
We were approached by them a while ago - but the SMT wanted to do things differently. However, I found them to be pushy and I can't say I was too impressed with what they had to offer tbh.
-
I found it A little tune to drive u mad
-
I found it A little tune to drive u mad
-
I saw this on another forum last night too Also had links to a really annoying song that went on and on and on and on and on..................... I'll see if I can find it
-
This scares me :? How does it do it? Before anyone says anything - it's multiples of 9 blah blah blah but it's still spooky
-
12 months too late - I skipped 2 sets last year.
-
Well a quote last year from a company recommended by our LEA was around £450 for 20 Base units and monitors. In the end I paid about £150 for a charity to take 30 away (The name escapes me at the mo - I'll dig out the url tomorrow). @ netman - I'll take the whole of the West Mids, u can have Coventry
-
Not allowed to anymore @ Netman - stop hijacking my post - go and get your own thread
-
Over the next couple of weeks we will have at least 15 x 15" CRT monitors that require a good home. They are in good working order, some are RM most are Belinea, and are in use as I type this. I have absolutely no-where to store them as we are replacing them with TFTs. If you are interested and able to collect them then PM me. They should be available at the end of July, possibly sooner if we get a chance.
-
Probably a bit late now you have the cash - but have you thought about leasing? May be of help in the short term but plan ahead and don't stay with leasing forever - it then gets too expensive I may be able to help with some spare parts - I'll PM you.
-
and not a single one signed up to win a prize WHAT????? No prize? That's it - you are now back to 999 members :? Eeerrrm - can anyone tell me where the exit is please? :oops:
-
alleged??? Don't your logs help you out?
-
That's why we use wol to wake up our PCs before anyone gets in. It does all the install, removals and reboots a good hour before the first logon.
-
if this was in response to my suggestion, I'm not referring to wol. Most bios have an "at time $foo on day $bar, turn on the machine" setting independent of whether wol is available as an option. I know IBM kit has it, and most HPs. I'll check it out later today
-
Like most laptops wol isn't available on the laptops (I'll check again in the morning) I suppose trying to fit an old switch or hub into the cabinets might work, if we didn't have to rely on the staff or students to plug them in etc. Looks like my tecchies are going to get plenty of exercise (Now where did I put that whip? ) :twisted:
-
I thought of that - but Bursar had a fit because it uses too much electricity (don't ask!!!). When I did ask staff to leave them on - most forgot several times :crybaby: The recharge cabinets don't have any connections.
-
We use MSI's to distribute software to all our machines. With PCs this is not a problem as they automatically switch on at 0730 so everything is installed and ready to go by the time the first user gets in at about 0800. However, our laptops (over 200) can't use wol and are locked away in the recharging cabinets. Installing MSIs works fine but does cause an obvious delay the first time they are used which is a bit unfair on the kids. Especially as they all work over the wireless kit. Does anyone out there have a super duper bit of software or kit that will allow MSIs to be installed on these laptops? At the moment we have to go around and boot up every one which is really annoying and time consuming. Any suggestons?
-
Edugeeks do it............ In a converted urinal In a cupboard In a shoe box properly efficiently quickly without complaining that it's not in the JD Any more?
