-
Posts
2,586 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alan-d
-
Just to clarify - SERVERNAME should be your WSUS server and the port should be what WSUS is using.
-
Try running this on a client not being picked up @echo Setting winhttp proxy netsh winhttp set proxy SERVERNAME:8530 "10.*" @echo Triggering detection after setting winhttp proxy net stop wuauserv net start wuauserv wuauclt /resetauthorization /detectnow A restart may be needed. If it works, save the above as a .bat and stick it in a GPO.
-
Neither do some printers.
-
The KB is meant to fix your problem but some admins have a problem installing it hence my regedit.
-
What OS are you using? There is a KB to fix this KB2720211 There have been problems with this KB though but can be fixed by editing the Server Registry as follows; HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Update Services\Server\Setup\ Find wYukonInstalled and change the value from 1 to 0 Reinstall the KB above Return to the above key and change the value back to 1.
-
The last time I looked a couple of years ago they charged around £250 to update it. It was cheaper to upgrade my car at the time
-
Our HT opted for a mono printer but the Brother HL 3040 is a decent colour laser. [h=3][/h]
-
Thanks, I'll have a look tomorrow.
-
I may just stick a disc in on Monday and see what happens. What was the Reg key you edited?
-
My office PC has Win 7 Ultimate installed and I was looking at putting Windows 8 Enterprise on it but it seems that there is no upgrade path to do this, but there is an upgrade path to go from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 8 Enterprise. So the question is this, is it possible to upgrade a Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 7 Enterprise from which I could then upgrade to Windows 8 Enterprise? We have all the MVL etc. Google Foo is letting me down today. I know I can rebuild from scratch but am trying to avoid this if possible. Thanks
-
Interesting - Microsoft Shape the Future
alan-d replied to caffrey's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
A nice idea but a recipe for an IT admin nightmare! -
The Beta version is available here Download: System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 Beta - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details The full version is available via your MS Volume Licence Service Center. You may be able to get it by following the links on here Microsoft System Center 2012 | Configuration Manager | Trial
-
I really want to try this one A Classic so apologies to those that have heard it before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBfsdkGeMc8
-
When away from home I often use my phone as a hotspot and connect the Kindle to that. I've never tried to tether a kindle.
-
Tip - don't bother with an umbrella
-
It could work if done properly, however it wouldn't mean a thing if schools are not given the financial support to ensure that the IT infrastructure is up to the task of ensuring a good quality learning environment AND the safety of the students and integrity of the network. We all know that unless the school has the means to provide closed workshops, virtual PCs and\or secure VLANs the current 'make do with whatever we can get our hands on' systems that are in place at some schools, will not be up to the job which would just leave us where we are already. As they say, you can lead a plumber to water but if he doesn't have the tools for the job then he is just a labourer. OK I made that last bit up
-
You wouldn't qualify for the Ruckus Dog if you did that.
-
[video] Why you should never jump onto ice
alan-d replied to Dos_Box's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
You just had to slip that one in didn't you? -
Are you sure you have the right forum?
-
Yesterday I lost a technician to stupid users, today I lose one through withdrawal symptoms because he can't text anyone, look on facebook or do his shopping! All I need now is for the 3rd one to fall asleep at his PC ................... Oh wait............................
-
Normally I'd agree but I have 2 exceptions, one is Stone, who by the way will build bespoke machines for you too, and Computer Products Ltd.
-
We use Stone Computers. 5 year, next business day on-site warranty is hard to beat. Ring by 3:00pm and engineer is here the next day. Sometimes we just ask for a replacement part to be sent out and it's done. With all suppliers there is an element of breakages or DOAs and Stone are no different but I have to applaud their service. EDIT: They can also supply other branded makes if you ask.
