-
Posts
2,586 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alan-d
-
Persuade SMT, Govenors to build a server room
alan-d replied to HMCTech's topic in School ICT Policies
Have a look at this http://www.bcrc-uk.org/filelib/physical_security_of_ict_equiptment.pdf Get Safe Online :: Strengthen physical security http://schools.becta.org.uk/upload-dir/downloads/techspec_institutional_infrastructure_version_d_final.pdf Chapter 3.2 is what you are after Also the LEA should be able to offer advice too. -
When & Where on Friday? I'm at Fort Dunlop in the afternoon so can't be there then.
-
I had a phone call from Link2ICT asking if I wanted more info a week ago - I said yes and am still waiting for it
-
Oh well at least the VLE Birmingham are going to be using is Moodle. Email is going to be Yahoo on Zimbra.
-
We have it - pm me and I'll give you the email addy for our ICT Coord who put the case together, we are not far from you
-
I was under the impression that XP won't handle more than 4GB of memory. Back to your specs - for video editing I'd double the HD space or allow for a large external drive. A TV card might be useful too.
-
But were they actually called eggs back then? Humans call them eggs because they look like chicken eggs, but humans were not around during the years of the dinosaurs, so the question should be 'What came first, The dinosaur or the thing it hatched from?
-
SERIOUS QUESTION WARNING!!!! Being part of Edugeek has given you an insight into the state of ICT in education all over the country and even some other countries. Where do you see ICT in education being in 10 or 20 years time and what would your ideal solution be? END OF SERIOUS QUESTION!!!
-
Eeerrrm 40 to 50 MPH but do you know the speed his brother goes?
-
You Twit!!!
-
By coincidence I'm going through the exact same process. I thought I was covered but now I'm not sure Answers in plain English please
-
Anyone come across this problem? We run native 2003 network with XP Pro sp3 and Roaming profiles. This seems only to happen on laptops. Different makes and models, different images. I'm a bit short of staff today so any suggestions appreciated
-
Our MVL Academic Select Agreement is up for renewal in September but I need to get a rough cost to either replace or renew it to put in the finance plan. Anyone recommend a good low cost supplier? I've emailed our current supplier and Ramesys but no replies yet
-
Recovering All a students files & internet history
alan-d replied to dave20046's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I did indeed The original thread is here http://www.edugeek.net/forums/windows/1873-f-o-all-ict-managers-technicians.html but the web site seems to be dead. Simon did visit us last year but we were just about to install Policy Central which made a lot of his work redundant in that it prevented site access whereas Simons solution was post event with the exception of the assemblies. I still have the results he put together. His user name is Mitch if anyone wants to pm him. -
I'd like to see a list of pros and cons once you've gone through them.
-
Recovering All a students files & internet history
alan-d replied to dave20046's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
As long as the index.dat file is intact then the police can use that to get all they want. -
Thanks I'm not concerned about CALs etc as I'd be replacing existing terminals. Should the need arise, I have spare CALs. It does raise the question over cost savings though if you run Microsoft OS and applications in that it may not be as much as you expect. Still worth doing though
-
Me neither Probably another silly question but - Where it states you share the resources of 1 PC does that mean users are only logged on to the PC or can they log onto their network accounts as they do now? and another - If users are logged onto the network/PC using XP, how would 30 users connect if XP only allows 10 connections? (Blonde wig at the ready )
-
Thanks for the input guys. It looks like the L230 system would suit us best.
-
Nice one - I'll pass the info to our event organisers
-
The BETT 2009 EducateIT Suppliment
alan-d replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
The CD wasn't attached to the download -
Yep and Video it to show the rest of us
-
Loads of Mods but no rockers! Showing my age again aren't I?
