m2d2
Members-
Posts
162 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by m2d2
-
If you're really stuck you could always doNET SHARE > share-backup.txt
-
Teachers Desktop (SIMS caching data to standalone MSDE instance) is no longer supported.
-
Sorry forgot to mention it's USB device. Is there a similar method for this?
-
Is it possible to identify which drive letters match with which slot in a multi card media reader. I don't have samples of each card type so I'm hoping to be able to do this in software. Any ideas?
-
How about these. Reasonably solid but won't break the bank. In line volume control too. Argos sell to schools as well.
-
we use VoiceConnect Informer. Does email, SMS texts and voice calls. It links to SIMS to get names and numbers. It's delivered in prebuilt box which is supported by the company. Seems to be OK. Once we ironed out the teething problems I haven't been called much by the admin staff.
-
Maybe you meant database size? Even so the limit for 2005 Express is 4GB.
- 2 replies
-
- sims.net
- sql server
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
2gig? If your alking about network bandwidth than I would ask how clients you have. SIMS.net is meant to be pretty light on network use.
- 2 replies
-
- sims.net
- sql server
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Hang on. I thought your network had thin clients. Surely its less hassle just to do the install manually on each server?
-
It's a jack of all trades. It does logging and blocking like Securus but it also does demonstration and remote control like NetOP/NetSupport/ABTutor. It's client-server software so you have to provide the server box.
-
That's a pretty generic error. Can you actually contact the server either by pinging it or using the services it provides (e.g. mail, printing etc). Make sure there have been no changes to it's IP address or DNS record.
-
Backing up Netop custom policies
m2d2 replied to rob2005's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Look for a folder called DanWare under Application Data in your profile. Also check All Users as well. I think that's where it should be but it's been long time since I have used NetOp. -
I think the whole idea with Windows 2000/3 Server is that you should be able to create the user folder and share it in one fell swoop. You have to define a root share high up enough so it covers all the user folders. That way it is then possible to do a map under root to only expose the required folder. However if you've already created the folders then you may need to do something like this cd e:\Home\Students\Year1 for /f %d in ('dir /ad /b') do cacls %d /e /t /g %d:f && net share %d$=e:\Home\Students\Year1\%d /grant:Everyone,full
-
Don't you have to do an admin install then patch that?
-
TASC must have a good sales rep in Lancashire
-
Ah but does it get around the driver problem when the USB drive is inserted? The driver letter problem is not much of an issue except for the couple of staff who plug in multi-slot card readers.
-
Unless there are depencies (i.e. lots of services depending on one service) then probably not.
-
There's normally a support window between main releases. So everying after and including the November release should still be supported.
-
@srochford are you leaving or seeking an assistant?
-
Yes I did set it on mulitcast but I guess I will have to play with the limit until I can find an optimal value. What speed works for you?
-
Oh brilliant. I'm going to have get a 48 way switch and pull out the uplink
-
This is really getting on my wosits but each time I do a Ghost cast everything else on the network seems to drop out. Web browsing and media streaming stop working (erm I'm doing research at the same time ). The funning thing is, if I start Ghost from a boot disk and download the image from a share, there isn't the same problem. Is ghost casting written to gobble up all bandwith when it starts?
-
Kind'a defeats the purpose of the eval. OK you may not want to test the DHCP but definitely the AD stuff. If resources can also stretch to a Vista instance then you can really see what the fuss is all about.
-
Blimey! Makes Synetrix (LgFL) look half decent by comparision. I think we pay just under a quater of what you do for pretty much the same facilites ... oh and the joy that is Sophos. It must just be economies of scale. Still, you get all the picturesque conutryside, I suppose.
