Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

PeterW

Members
  • Posts

    767
  • Joined

Everything posted by PeterW

  1. EuP 2013 should be under the Advanced section, disable this option and see if that makes a difference.
  2. Well a complete shutdown is still a form of standby state and every AMI bios I have worked with this setting is needed for WOL to work. The problem you describe sounds like a driver issuse as the link light is going out, I am guessing you have tried the latest Realtek PCI-E lan driver from thier website. If you want I can get in touch with MSI and check the exact BIOS/OS settings you need to make WOL work (I do not have one of those boards myself)? Did you disable EuP 2013? After shutting the machines down are you turining off the AC power?
  3. This allows the board to meet the eu low standby power requirements but often disables the onboard lan on some boards (although that should not be the case here) the manual states it should only stop you from waking by RTC. What you are describing sounds like the driver has wol disabled, the driver option "Shutdown Wake-On-LAN" is enabled yes?
  4. Make sure this option is enabled "Resume By PCI or PCI-E Device" as long as you have that enabled in the BIOS and the WOL option enabled in the driver properties you should be good to go. EDIT: Just beaten, that should be the correct option ignore the cryptic naming Also if you still have problems you could try disabling EUP 2013 (although you should not haver to)
  5. Hmm strange I'm sure I have used those ones before!
  6. Are the Windows inbox drivers no good?
  7. Run CPU-Z and get the mainboard model from the Mainboard tab, post it back on here. The model will be of the format MS-XXXX
  8. ??? The Pegraton units are Atheros while the Hasee units are Realtek.
  9. Yes the pegatron is a solid unit I have an MSI branded one sat next to me now.
  10. Bear in mind they use several OEMs so quality will vary abit, the n3 is a Hasee unit which is a slightly unkown quantity. They also sell MSI & Pegatron units which will be of a much better quality than the Hasee models. I guess you have to get a quote from your education account manager to get this, it is annoying they do not offer a 3 year warranty option on thier website.
  11. What make/model are the machines & monitors
  12. Which driver have you tried injecting, the one from the 16.3 package?
  13. Which H61 board have you tried? What device id do you have for the card? What BIOS version is the DQ67OW on?
  14. PeterW

    PSU

    Ouch that is going to be fun to find
  15. PeterW

    PSU

    flex atx - Google Search I'm sure one of these should fit, flex atx power supplies vary slighty but even if you get a slightly smaller one you should be ok.
  16. PeterW

    PSU

    Sounds like a Flex ATX to me.
  17. It is Mini ITX so there should be no problem installing it into any of these form factors, Mini ITX, Mini DTX, Micro ATX, ATX etc
  18. I assume being Vostros they are getting a nutty deal on them.
  19. If you tell us the drivers you are struggling with I'm sure the power of edugeek can make it all better Hmm if it is the desktop Vostro 260 the only driver I can see that might be a problem would be the conexant audio driver but I'm sure there will be an XP driver kicking about for that. As for the main guts it is an Intel H61 based system so these are the chipset and display drivers you need Intel Chipset http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20019&ProdId=3301&lang=eng Intel Display http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19922&ProdId=3231&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%20XP*&DownloadType= Intel Managment Engine http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20078&ProdId=3324&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%20XP%20Home%20Edition*&DownloadType=Drivers Realtek Lan Realtek Conexant Audio Drivers and Downloads (although it does not state XP support I have just downloaded it and there is indeed an XP32 folder in the archive)
  20. Too old (29)
  21. It seems common on the 107/C1/Aygo for the clutch to go around every 30k
  22. Time for some BIOS editing me thinks (probably violates acer's terms of use, do not take as a serious suggestion)
  23. Very nice mrbios, you need some of these though Ekit Mdhek Multi Desk Hub With 3 Usb Ports, Audio Ports and Card Readers: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories (not sure about getting CE approval though)
  24. I am watching it again at the moment, my favorite episode is 16 The Angriest Angel
×
×
  • Create New...