Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

PeterW

Members
  • Posts

    767
  • Joined

Everything posted by PeterW

  1. You could look at Microsoft Exchange Plan 1 which works out £2.65 +vat per user/per month (billed annually). Out of interest why 2008 R2 and not 2012 Foundation/Essentials/Standard? Also you can add member servers to an SBS network.
  2. Make sure CSM is enabled, it may also be called legacy boot.
  3. Perhaps run performance monitor and add the disk queue length monitor to look for disk io issues.
  4. Its the 26th, 29th is Windows Phone 8.
  5. Ahh sorry I see, well I guess the £24.99 download upgrade will be your best bet. It was on a article by Ed Bott over at zdnet I think.
  6. You can upgrade oem versions Upgrade from Windows 7 OEM or Windows 7 PC purchased between June 2nd - Jan 31st £14.99 Upgrade from XP Vista 7 via download £24.99 Upgrade from XP Vista 7 via Boxed DVD £49.99 The above are time limited upgrade offers after which the upgrade price shoots up to about the price of the boxed Windows 7 Pro upgrade There are no full retail versions now just OEM and the terms have been changed meaning as a home user you can now move an OEM copy between computers you own. Running Windows 8 on an Atom D525 it is alot smoother and more usable than Windows 7 thats for sure.
  7. There are lots of nice little features in Windows 8 that go under the radar, its a shame everything gets over sahdowed by the Metro/New UI debate.
  8. Windows 8 has iso mounting functionality built in I believe.
  9. End user launch is 26th of October but it should be RTM in the next two weeks.
  10. If they are onboard then the boot rom will be located in the BIOS in a rom hole. Have you updated to the latest BIOS? Otherwise your only option is to hack a newer oprom into the BIOS and flash it.
  11. Unless you are an oem in which case you will be syspreping win 7 oem
  12. 300thisismadness.jpg
  13. How many disks are in the RAID set and is it a hardware or software raid controller?
  14. Some knid of raid controller BBU perhaps?
  15. PeterW

    Msi All in One

    I'm sure you are aware but just incase you are not the MSI ones require a special bracket to make them VESA compliant.
  16. Weird it works for me, try this HP ProLiant MicroServer series*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center and look at the storage section.
  17. I am pretty sure you are having the problem I had, try and set the SATA controller to AHCI or RAID and use the storage driver here Software Posting Another way to test if it is the same isssue is to see if it happens on 2003 R2, you will be able to run dcpromo but after restarting you would get an lsas error message.
  18. Did you need to load any storage drivers to install windows on the single drive, is it in AHCI mode in the BIOS do you know? This problem is just like one I spent ages trying to track down and it was an AMD AHCI/RAID driver issue.
  19. That uses an AMD chipset right? What hard drive mode are the SATA disks in RAID/AHCI? What RAID driver version are you using? Is it v3.2.1540.75 ?
  20. I may have missed this but what hardware is this installed on?
  21. PeterW

    Msi All in One

    Which model are you looking at? Although the warranty is collect and return like a notebook the repair facility is thier own (not contracted out) and can repair all the way down to component level on the mainboards.
  22. Yeah a couple of the 12MB overclocked Canopus ones in SLI
  23. Glad to hear it is working now Hopefully with your feedback @tomfinnie can get his working as well.
  24. Could you try and set the "WOL & Shutdown Link Speed" option in the driver to 100Mbps first. I think by default it will be set to 10Mbps first.
  25. Well WOL should certainly work on these boards I guess there must be a pretty big BIOS bug at the moment, I will give MSI a nudge and see if they have any ideas.
×
×
  • Create New...