Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

simpsonj

Members
  • Posts

    1,443
  • Joined

Everything posted by simpsonj

  1. With some apologies for necro raising this thread, but I've created a template for DfE Standards that I thought might be helpful: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GdgMr0xeeoo0TSog43AD2osTxDRu8EEs?usp=sharing It has an Summary sheet that will pick up the number of RED/Amber/Green for each standard, and will pull through any strands of those standards that have been rated High Priority. Each Standard is sperated onto their own sheet, and the explanation of each strand is available underneath the RAG rate by expanding the rows below. See screenshots for an example. The Cyber Security and Leadership and Governance Sheets have a slightly different format as each has individual standards that are made up of different strands, and each of these can be RAG rated or marked as High Priority. One thing to note is that I've only allowed for 3 High Priorities per Standard, more than that and the priorities won't show until you add more rows to accomodate the extra priorities. Any feedback welcome.
  2. I don't know Dave, I'm playing the Trails in the Sky Remake, and there is a part of me that wishes Square Enix had taken that route instead for FFVII... The other issue is that the technical requirements for Rebirth is so high I don't have anything to play it on! I've tried on my SteamDeck and I may as well cover the screen in vasoline
  3. CPOMS has also been hit by this issue...
  4. I've often found that I need to go through this process twice, and the second time is usually a lot faster. See also creating Student My Portal accounts.
  5. My trust have been promoting Apprenticeships for current staff for a number of years now, it's a great way to upskill existing staff.
  6. Yes, that sounds like the link has been broken between cloud and on-prem. The serial won't necessarily match (mine don't), but I would get onto Smoothwall support to find out what's going on!
  7. Sounds like it could be a Smoothwall issue. The fact that Google remains accessible suggests to me that you have a policy somewhere in Smoothwall to Whitelist/prevent https inspection on Google traffic, which is why that remains accessible when other websites are not. Could be worth trying to add another website (edugeek for example) to that same policy to see if the site reminas accessible the next time you have an incident?
  8. Loved Lost Odyssey, except the disc was damaged so I couldn't fight the last boss! I did the little minuete storise were better tahn the main story, but really good game. If you haven't checked out Clair Obscur: Expedition 33 I would highly recommend it!
  9. Oh, and another weird work around. If staff open up their Team, and click on Class Notebook and it says 'We're still setting up your class. Please check back soon' Click on General under Main Channels - then click on Files - wait for a minute or two, then click on Class Notebook again and it should work.
  10. Direct from Bromcom, no intermediate software required.
  11. It's been an utter pain. Another workaround that might help is to use the old ClassNotebook plugin for Onenote. Staff may need to recreate their sections to be able to distribute properly, but I have found this method to be far more reliable: Close all open instances of OneNote Navigate to OneNote Class Notebook Click Download the Class Notebook Add-In Once downloaded, run the ClassNotebook.Setup.exe file Tick to agree the Terms and Conditions and click install Open OneNote - File - Options Under General, Untick 'Enable Class Notebook' Click OK then close OneNote Reopen OneNote and distribute a page as normal You may need to recreate your sections if the add-in doesn't recognise the existing ones Please note using the old add-in will add all distributed pages as 'Open Pages' at the bottom of your OneNotes. These are safe to delete once the page has been distributed
  12. To answer my own question, the best way to clear the Misplaced Section that I've found is to move the OneNote Cache: Important note - This will wipe all local versions of the OneNotes stored on the laptop so ensure all OneNotes are synced beforehand. I also recommend backking up the Notebooks as well Open Onenote - File - Options Save & Backup - Optional click Back Up All Notebooks Now Cache file location - Modify Create a new folder on the C:\ Drive "OneNoteCache" or similar Select - OK - Restart Onenote
  13. Just to bump this thread a little as I'm having similar issues with Class Notebooks and Teams. Ours are synced directly from Bromcom, but this year it's been an absolute mess. I wonder whether this script would help (it has been mentioned a few times on Edugeek): MS Teams - Cant Create Class Notebook "Something Went Wrong" | Cloud Services But I don't really know what I'm doing to use that script effectively! But, like the OP, lots of my staff now have hundreds of Misplaced Sections, and I don't know how to get rid of these in bulk.
  14. Had this at one of my schools, we turned off the Content Modification - Google Basic Image search and it seems to have solved the problem. Ensure you have safe search enabled and test!
  15. Slightly off topic, though very much related, has anyone else experienced issues with their syncs from Bromcom to either Google or M365? Whilst not a new phenomenon, I've had so many issues with Class Notebook this year, I wondered if it was linked, perhaps Bromcom went down as it was trying to sync with M365? For example, it created all the classes as Groups, but didn't make them into Teams. A manual resync of all classes when Bromcom was working then created the Teams as expected, but I wonder if that pause has caused some of the sync and distribution issues we've been having since. Just wondered if anyone else had the same.
  16. 12:43 The system has restarted. This was not a planned restart and we are monitoring as the system comes back online. Sympathy for the Bromcom Techs, but that statement does not inspire confidence...
  17. Seemingly back up here
  18. Was working beautifully, until about 2 minutes ago...
  19. Unbearable slow. Again.
  20. Unless you tick the box that says 'Do not include in Census'
  21. I used to have access to the Security keys tab, then they changed the back end, and it's disappeared again...
  22. Anyone else having issues logging into CPOMS today? All users at one of my schools is getting an Access Denied error message.
  23. My advice would be to find an MSP that you can work with, one that will support you and your digital strategy and not take over. A school network is a lot to take on, and finding support is vital, particularly in the early days.
  24. I'm trying to setup sensitivity labels for M365, but having difficulties with the access control element. What I want is a Sensitivity Label called Read-Only that allows authenticated users to view the document, export it and print it, but not online edit it. This seems simple enough, but in practice I can't get it to work for love nor money. Steps taken: Created a label, given it an appropriate name Scoped it for files, email and meetings (I don't really need the latter two) Ticked Control access Configure access control settings Assign permissions now Left user access to content expires and allow offline access as their defaults Assign permissions AuthenticatedUsers View content Print Copy and extract contents Export content (I've also tried using the 'Add all users and groups in your organization') No auto labelling Definte protection settings for groups and sites can't be changed, so left as default I've then distributed the labels to two test users. When I create a docuemnt with the senstivitly label applied and share it between the test users, the user that's the owner can still edit the document online, and the other user can't edit it, so that bit works. However, neither user can print, create a copy or download the document. I must be missing something, but I can't for the life of me work out what it is. My assumption is that the users aren't fully authenticating against whatever service manages the user permissions, but I don't know how to troubleshoot it. Or is it a licence issue and it doesn't work on A3 licences? Any help gratefully received!
  25. As I understand it, if Smoothwall Monitor cannot reach a member of staff, and the risk is deemed sufficient, they will call the relevant authorities to alert them to the issue.
×
×
  • Create New...