Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Midget

Members
  • Posts

    1,313
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Midget

  1. you'll be wanting this then. works like a charm, use it myself (use thunderbird) http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/
  2. I threw out a pile of them and still have a 4' wide x3' deep x2' high pile of them in a cupboard and 2 large boxes full in my cabinet
  3. What sort of videos? As its on youtube is it not outside your remit?
  4. ok so that didnt work. apparently its a known problem with the intel d102 motherboard
  5. Fancy telling us the name of that piece of software please?
  6. Aye, worth a try, if it works, I'm sure they can live without HT. Thanks for the info, I'll let you know the result on monday
  7. Didn't even think of it tbh. I'll try it on monday. Why would that effect it though?
  8. Powys Council? I'm suprised they can actually read the package. Not that I'm calling people from mid-wales backwards or anything.
  9. Here's a wierd one for you. When the new smartboards (usb) are plugged into a computer, it takes 10-15min for it to go through POST and load windows, but then it works fine. However, when it is unplugged, it takes 40seconds. Any ideas with this one? For the meantime i'm telling them to just unplug the whiteboard before turning on the PC and then plug it back in afterwards to get the IWB working.
  10. Technically i still have ~40 machines running windows 95, and ~10 dumb terminals. They just happen to all sit in a cupboard with the win98 ones, it's a beowulf cluster if anyone asks. *taps nose* I also have 3 BBCs. I set one up in the 6th form IT Room and watched them sit and scratch their heads for a while. I still have 2 NT4 servers (one for proxy, one for doorstop......... i mean Disaster Recovery*) I'm just glad the whole site is now XP. *It'll be a disaster if I have to recover it.
  11. ahh windows 98 policies, god i hated them. I was in the same position as you last year, except with 90 of the things. don't forget to make sure you have the 98 printer drivers on the win2k3 server.
  12. on pete's note. how have the people with the hx2490's found them to fair? should I look into spending extra to get some rugged cases for them?
  13. I think its just an option on the website same as google. in which case, could you not set the option, which will create a cookie, and then copy that cookie to the student's default profile's temp internet settings dir?
  14. if its only 15machines I'd be looking at signing in as admin and doing it manually. esp as they'll be thrown out in 6months
  15. norphy>probably the rx1950 we have a couple of hx2490s for the PE dept. using a web based registration proggy
  16. What about DeskTec? They seemed like pretty good desks at Bett last year.
  17. you could check the laptop's gateway and assign a printer that way.
  18. I use a vbs run on startup via GPO that checks the 1st 4 chars of the computer name (ie rm05-01) and assigns the printer specified for that room. PM me if you want a copy of the script
  19. avoid belkin wireless usb printer servers like the plague
  20. get an E6600, which can be overclocked without any difficulty to 3GHz and above, however I would wait until the E6x50 range come out in ~feb 2007, lowering the other prices a bit.
  21. Looks interesting, I'll badger county about it tomorrow. Thanks alot.
  22. *rubs chin* *goes to look on their website* looks interesting. Ta Luv.
  23. luckily each department looks after their own paper/ink/toner, however I now have to supply the new unsupervised 6th form IT room and staff IT room with a printer that I have to pay for. May have to bring in some printer credits software, and looking at a way to make the user go to the printer and acknowledge a job to print on a terminal next to the printer, in order to stop them printing willy nilly. We had this system in my Uni, so it is possible.
×
×
  • Create New...